BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
scottamc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: T Mobile
Default Curve Launch Party In Los Angeles was fun!

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone. So I made it in the Los Angeles Curve T Mobile Launch Party on Monday . Despite a few people here saying that I wouldn't be able to get in. You just have to be resourceful and anything is possible.

Anyway the party was pretty fun. The DJ from Outkast was there playing the tunes all night. They had food and drinks all night. Unfortunately as some stated, they didn't give away curve door prizes to the first people there. But they did give away about 25 phones from raffles all night. Didn't win though :(. So I guess ill have to get the curve the normal way.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

The Uninvited Guest didn't get his BlackBerry?

Last edited by JSanders; 09-26-2007 at 08:37 AM..
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

I don't know which party you went to, but my people got their Curves on Tuesday morning launch breakfast, with no DJ playing any tunes . . . just 3rd-party Apps vendors showing their wares . . .

Next up: Atlanta, GA

Last edited by crisambo; 09-26-2007 at 09:00 AM..
Old 09-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
Ramsy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottamc View Post
Hey everyone. So I made it in the Los Angeles Curve T Mobile Launch Party on Monday . Despite a few people here saying that I wouldn't be able to get in. You just have to be resourceful and anything is possible.

Anyway the party was pretty fun. The DJ from Outkast was there playing the tunes all night. They had food and drinks all night. Unfortunately as some stated, they didn't give away curve door prizes to the first people there. But they did give away about 25 phones from raffles all night. Didn't win though :(. So I guess ill have to get the curve the normal way.
Unfortunately, I think Scottamc went to the WRONG launch party. I was at the LA launch party yesterday. It was a morning event. We were served a complimentary continental breakfast. There was a brief presentation by RIM and T-Mobile about the "UMA" Curve. T-Mobile want us to call it the "ooma" Curve to distinguish it from all other Blackberries. We were also shown a short video. Afterwards, we were encouraged to check out the 4 or 5 booths with third party apps and the Curve. All attendees (about 150) received a pale gold Curve when we left. The complimentary Curve comes with 2 months of free service. Each complimentary Curve is number coded so they know who got which Curve/phone number at the launch party.

The event was nice and short. There definitely was no DJ.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #5
scottamc

Cool. Sounds like you guys went to the better event. The Monday night event was virtually the same, except more party oriented. The Rim representives were in attendence giving product demonstrations. And a few third party venders had booths setup to show their stuff.

And actually Mr Sanders, I did get an official Invite to the party. Thanks

Last edited by scottamc; 09-26-2007 at 10:12 AM..
Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Ramsy

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Cool. Sounds like you guys went to the better event. The Monday night event was virtually the same, except more party oriented. The Rim representives were in attendence giving product demonstrations. And a few third party venders had booths setup to show their stuff.

I do recall someone posting on this board a while back that they received an invite to a Hollywood launch party set for 9/25, but in the evening, not the morning, and were wondering if these two events were the same type of event. It looks like T-Mobile and RIM were throwing a lot of parties in LA. At the launch party I attended in the morning, T-Mobile's head business rep for LA said they had a party the night before (Monday) where they gave out free Curves.

Last edited by Ramsy; 09-26-2007 at 05:10 PM..
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #7
dasupaman23

Carrier: Tmobile

I was at both. Both of you guys are correct. I was able to come home with 2 Gold Curves (one from Monday nights drawing and one from Tuesday) and a Blue Pearl. For the Pearl and Curve I won on Monday, they came with the Blackberry 655 headset.

I had wayy more fun Monday night. Tuesday morning was really for business customers and such. Both were pretty interesting.

Also I was surprised by the fact that people were still registering on site at the party Monday. I thought they would've closed the invites at some point. Maybe they didn't get the turnout they expected?

Last edited by dasupaman23; 09-26-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Old 09-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
scottamc

Sweet man. Congrats on winning all those phones! Fleebay time for you ;)
Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #9
bchelms
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Some blurry pics I took at the event with the 8320
Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #10
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
oh good, then. I just recalled the earlier events of this week. You never gave the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottamc
No i didnt get an invitation. And I'm sure they check names. But I thought I could stop by. It doesn't hurt anyone to share a little info. I would appreciate it. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottamc
anyone willing to share time/location of curve launch party in Los Angeles?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #11
pinhead

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

Sounds like fun...I will definitely be at the Atlanta one as I was asked to go last week it turns out. I just didn't know anything about it...
Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 PM   #12
Kurt M

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I was at the event in LA on Tuesday morning. It was great! A lot of senior Blackberry and T-Mobile execs as well as the techs to answer questions. The Monday night event was for all the T-Mobile store employees in the area. The Tuesday event was for customers. As mentioned before everyone at the Tuesday event was given a gold BB 8320 and free service until December 15th.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #13
eTHE2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMo/AT&T/Voda/3HK

I will concur with Kurt. The technical information received from the TMo and RIM reps was certainly worthwhile. The 'ooma' curve and 45 days of free service was certainly a GREAT benefit for attending.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #14
dasupaman23

I found it funny how they kept pushing how it's the "ooma" Curve also. Even referring to the "other" Curve as the Curve Lite. ha
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #15
dasupaman23

Were you on stage? You weren't the dude in the white jacket giving away the phones were you? ha