Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #21
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: RIM Could Be Preparing A Superphone

Please Login to Remove!

Build a variety of form factors is investing in technology?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #22
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I never heard of quantity being better than quality.
IPhone is the best exemple. Well accepted by its users, you either love it or hate it.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #23
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by touritalo View Post
I saw this and thought well with all the doom and gloom that seems to dominate news about RIM how about some good news for a change?!

RIM Could Be Preparing A 4.3" Superphone

Whether it is true is another matter, but if RIM can bring out a superphone then as it does say in the article - the competition should start to worry a bit!

I personally think 4.3" is possibly too big, 4" would be big enough I think.
Personally, even 4" is too big for me. Dang, if you want a tablet, go get a tablet! The announced specs for the Torch 2 are a 3.17" screen, and for me for a phone, that's plenty big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
So, basically, as Penguin stated, by the time it is released, the others will have game changers.
Gotta love it. So according to you, I guess RIM should just close up shop today and be done with it, because no matter what they do, "the others will have game changers." Once ahead, always ahead, huh? Go back and look at your (recent) history, son, that statement's rather absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Actually, I prefer a device that works for me and has a battery that will last at least a full day without recharging. Is that too much to ask for in a super-duper-nano-speedofheat device?
Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
what good is any phone if you cant use it once the battery is dead?

with all the security breaches and such on almost all the other phones, why would anyone use them?
Exactly! I play golf with a guy who's company just gave him one of those nifty new phones with the huge, hi-res screens and Android. We use the exact same, identical golf GPS app (GolfLogix). If we both start with fully-charged batteries, after nine holes his phone and its beautiful screen are almost dead. After the full eighteen holes, my Torch still has about 50-60% battery left. Which phone is better? I know my answer - and he agrees with me - especially on the back nine!

My Torch has a screen large enough for most everything I do, and therefore has sufficient battery life to actually DO all that stuff!

Last edited by DallasFlier; 07-07-2011 at 01:31 PM..
Old 07-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Gotta love it. So according to you, I guess RIM should just close up shop today and be done with it, because no matter what they do, "the others will have game changers." Once ahead, always ahead, huh? Go back and look at your (recent) history, son, that statement's rather absurd.
You're pretty good at nitpicking comments and putting words into other's mouths. You've done it to Ira about BES and so forth. Please show me where in my comment that I said RIM should close up shop? I am just saying, the hardware that is rumored to be used in this upcoming "superphone" is already on the market today. My current phone has better hardware than this rumored "superphone". So going by that, by the time this device is released, it will be behind the edge. That doesn't mean RIM cannot come out with another device that is competitive. I sincerely hope they do. But at the rate they're moving, it is highly unlikely.

Also, show me where I said once ahead, always ahead. I don't recall ever stating that either. Please point out where I made these statements, otherwise, please stop putting words in my mouth. Furthermore, you can continue to make assumptions about my statements, but we all know how that saying goes, and that saying seems to stand true when you assume.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #25
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
You're pretty good at nitpicking comments and putting words into other's mouths. You've done it to Ira about BES and so forth. Please show me where in my comment that I said RIM should close up shop? I am just saying, the hardware that is rumored to be used in this upcoming "superphone" is already on the market today. My current phone has better hardware than this rumored "superphone". So going by that, by the time this device is released, it will be behind the edge. That doesn't mean RIM cannot come out with another device that is competitive. I sincerely hope they do. But at the rate they're moving, it is highly unlikely.

Also, show me where I said once ahead, always ahead. I don't recall ever stating that either. Please point out where I made these statements, otherwise, please stop putting words in my mouth. Furthermore, you can continue to make assumptions about my statements, but we all know how that saying goes, and that saying seems to stand true when you assume.
I'll make you a deal, ok? I'll quit "nitpicking your comments" if you'll quit totally mis-reading (or mis-characterizing) the article being discussed with those comments. The article said, and I quote: "This new handset is said to feature a 4.3" touchscreen display and will apparently be based on QNX." Nowhere did it say that having a 4.3" phone is the one single factor making it a potential "superphone" so for you to claim that your 'Droid has "better hardware than this rumored "superphone"" sure can't apply to ALL the hardware, can it (speaking of ASSUMING, that is?) And unless you know more about the specs then was in that article, then your claim (and I quote): "by the time it is released, the others will have game changers" is pretty silly, to say the least.

We get it - you and a few others are Droid apologists, Argon and a few others are iPhone apologists, and no matter what RIM does "by the time it is released, the others will have game changers" in your minds.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #26
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Just out of curiosity... am I in the iPhone apologists group?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #27
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Luckily DallasFlier isn't a BlackBerry apologist, otherwise his comments might look foolish.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #28
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
I'll make you a deal, ok? I'll quit "nitpicking your comments" if you'll quit totally mis-reading (or mis-characterizing) the article being discussed with those comments. The article said, and I quote: "This new handset is said to feature a 4.3" touchscreen display and will apparently be based on QNX." Nowhere did it say that having a 4.3" phone is the one single factor making it a potential "superphone" so for you to claim that your 'Droid has "better hardware than this rumored "superphone"" sure can't apply to ALL the hardware, can it (speaking of ASSUMING, that is?) And unless you know more about the specs then was in that article, then your claim (and I quote): "by the time it is released, the others will have game changers" is pretty silly, to say the least.

We get it - you and a few others are Droid apologists, Argon and a few others are iPhone apologists, and no matter what RIM does "by the time it is released, the others will have game changers" in your minds.

Did you even read the article? What is the heading? In case you didn't see it, here it is "RIM Could Be Preparing A 4.3" Superphone" I didn't call it a "superphone", the article did.

In addition to the 4.3 inch screen, the article states "However, new reports suggest that the company has dumped plans for the new tablet and is actually thinking of a smartphone based on the same 1.2 GHz processor like the Bold 9900." My current phone has a 1.2 GHz dual core processor in it. So going by the specs given thus far, I am not assuming anything. My phone has a better processor and the same size screen. And possibly a better resolution (who knows at this point). By the time this phone is released, there could be a 1.5 GHz processor on the market.

I also have a BlackBerry 9330 running OS 6. I am also a BlackBerry administrator for my organization. But please categorize me as you must.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #29
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Dallas, you're off about a meter. Tune your receiver.

EDIT: I would be remiss if I didn't kindly recommend the following introductory article: http://www.butte.edu/departments/cas...reasoning.html

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 07-07-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #30
mariamercedes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I would like to know if rim is going to release a new blackberry model? PLs reply me asap I need 2 find out this via. Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 03:30 AM   #31
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamercedes View Post
I would like to know if rim is going to release a new blackberry model? PLs reply me asap I need 2 find out this via. Thanks
The answer is still the same as the last twenty times you've asked: No one here knows when the next one will be released. I hope that is clear now.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #32
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamercedes View Post
The answer is Yes!!! they will release a new BB, we just dont know when...
Closed Thread