dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default New BB user here, few ?'s

Please Login to Remove!

okay, got my storm today, and love it but, i have a few ?'s

1. Is there any way that i cant change the order that my apps are displayed. like which 4 (i have it set for 1 row on main screen) that i can choose to start at the top of the list?

2. can someone explain to me what visual voicemail is? im clueless with that.

3. What is bedside mode? i would assume its for sleep at bedside but, what are the advantages to it?

thanks in advance
Old 12-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
robotpedlr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanleonard1122 View Post
okay, got my storm today, and love it but, i have a few ?'s

1. Is there any way that i cant change the order that my apps are displayed. like which 4 (i have it set for 1 row on main screen) that i can choose to start at the top of the list?

2. can someone explain to me what visual voicemail is? im clueless with that.

3. What is bedside mode? i would assume its for sleep at bedside but, what are the advantages to it?

thanks in advance
1 - Yes, highlight the app you want to move, click the BB menu button and select move and then click where you want it.

2 - Dont use it...think its vm with video (probably more hype then functional).

3 - Bedside mode is a setting you can adjust to how you want it to act when you have it plugged into the charger (or just setting on your nightstand). You can have it turn the radio off (no midnight calls) and/or adjust to dim the light etc etc... just different settings.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

1. Yes, highlight the icon you want to move but don't click it. Press the menu button and select the move option. Move the icon to where you want it and then press the screen in so it clicks.

2. Visual Voicemail is an application that retrieves your voice messages and lets you access them visually. You will see a list of messages on your phone that you can select in any order you want to listen to them. It is kind of like a media player for your voicemail. It costs $2.99 a month.

3. If you buy the docking pod, this would be more useful. You pretty much got the gist of what its advantages are. You can also set alarms and such with it so that you could literally use it as a alarm clock. This would be handy on a business trip or vacation.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

As far as Visual Voicemail goes, some like it some don't. I happen to like it. It is much more convenient looking at a list of your messages and selectively pressing the play button for the message you want to listen to than dialing into your voicemail and listening to them in the order that they are stored. You can also delete them right there without having to listen to them. It is sort of like e-mail for voicemails.

Last edited by Thom; 12-01-2008 at 09:44 PM..
Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 AM   #5
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
As far as Visual Voicemail goes, some like it some don't. I happen to like it. It is much more convenient looking at a list of your messages and selectively pressing the play button for the message you want to listen to than dialing into your voicemail and listening to them in the order that they are stored. You can also delete them right there without having to listen to them. It is sort of like e-mail for voicemails.
I have been debating if it's worth the $3...

I do hate checking my voice mail.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyart View Post
I have been debating if it's worth the $3...

I do hate checking my voice mail.
This may be the solution for you then. I initially didn't want to pay the $3 monthly fee until I tried it. Within a day I decided I was keeping it. If anything, you can try it for a day or two and if you don't like it call VZW customer service and ask them to remove it. You would pay a prorated price for however long you use the service.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

I thought of another ?,

how do i know if i have an application running in the background? is there any way to check? i want to try and maximize my battery life,
Old 12-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
robotpedlr
Thumbs Must Hurt

press the blackberry button and scroll down to "switch application"...it will show all the open (running) apps.

Next, try using the search function on this site...will answer 90% of your questions faster...
Old 12-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotpedlr View Post
press the blackberry button and scroll down to "switch application"...it will show all the open (running) apps.

Next, try using the search function on this site...will answer 90% of your questions faster...
thanks for the quick response, and will use search next time.
Closed Thread