Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Yes they can tell. No it's not authorized by Verizon. Yes you run the risk of "being caught". (Handango is a third party site.) Proceed at your own risk.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Ok cool. Not trying to start an argument but if you happen to get caught, what do they actually do? Terminate your contract? Make you pay for the data? Wouldn't you have a good arguement if you did get caught because you actually accessed the program from verizon's vzstart page. And do they actually pay attention that you just downloaded this program. I mean when your purchase it here it just bills you to your actual phone bill or at least it did on the one program I did purchased there.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

They most likely won't terminate you contract, but they can charge you for the data. Something like $.02 per kilobyte, I think.

I personally don't think that the argument that you accessed through the VZStart Page will work because you 1) agreed to the Verizon TOS when you signed up for service and 2) you have to agree to terms of Tetherberry which basically indicate that you are responsible.

But good luck.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
Yes they can tell. No it's not authorized by Verizon. Yes you run the risk of "being caught". (Handango is a third party site.) Proceed at your own risk.
LOL ... No they cannot tell, to verizon it looks like you are surfing to "insert site here." on your BB Browser. Which by the way can navigate to any web page that you can navigate to on any other internet connection. Just because the native browsers rendering sucks, doesn't mean you can't go there. So, for arguments sake, know what you are talking about before you post. And by the way, your post title is misleading...

Last edited by jsntrenkler; 08-23-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Old 08-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
They most likely won't terminate you contract, but they can charge you for the data. Something like $.02 per kilobyte, I think.

I personally don't think that the argument that you accessed through the VZStart Page will work because you 1) agreed to the Verizon TOS when you signed up for service and 2) you have to agree to terms of Tetherberry which basically indicate that you are responsible.

But good luck.
LOL ... If you go over the 5 gig cap, they will shut your internet off and send you a text to contact Verizon. Once you reply to customer service they will turn you back on, normally you get one warning if your nice about it.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Oh, btw .. How do I know? ... I received my one warning not long ago.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options

So what exactly happens once you're shut off? No net for the remainder of the month? I tether my Alltel Blackberry, so naturally I'm concerned about what I'll be dealing with once Verizon takes over this part of the network.

It is my understanding that until my Alltel contract is terminated, it HAS to be honored once Verizon takes it over...including the unlimited data part. Once my 2 years is up, which should be well within my time officially under Verizon, I do believe I can continue to pay by month which just keeps extending the contract month by month...unless they somehow weaseled in a way to keep previous alltel customers from doing that.
Closed Thread