Old 11-15-2005, 11:14 AM   #21
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn
yup i have to keep pulling my pants up..and since i promote clubs i dont use belt clips for my phone or bb..they go into my front pockets and i have a leather case for my psp...
LOL! I only use belt clips when I am working (I'm an engineer so it's ok ). When I'm not working, my work phone stays at home, and my BB usually goes into my front pocket, or I switch to something smaller (I really like my Samsung E880 or my v60). Only thing I really hate at this point is that no one makes a case that makes the 7105 sit sideways on my waist.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 AM   #22
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: FFFFFFF
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the supports guys, i appreciate it. The Q is going to be released on Verizon first, they have a big contract with Motorola for this, so Jan-Feb is the first time it will be released worldwide. GSM version I heard isnt till around June of 06. The Operating system isnt bad by any means, it is extremely stable even at this point with the software not being close to finalized, and the WM5.0 is a strong competitor, just depends on what your needs are in a device thats all...

The Boy Genius Report
Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #23
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

yeah when i am @ work everything is @ my desk...i have a charger @ my desk and in my bedroom..i use a 860 for voice..thinking of getting the i870..but dont know yet my partner rushed and got the 930..then he sold it and got the 870...so i will see about that one..but back to the topic..i love all this info about these devices..tell you the truth i dont buy any thing will out doing my homework and this site is part of the process

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 PM   #24
Reesejohnson

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmo

boy genius is my hero on the gadgets......
nuff said
Old 11-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #25
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by boygenius
Thanks for the supports guys, i appreciate it. The Q is going to be released on Verizon first, they have a big contract with Motorola for this, so Jan-Feb is the first time it will be released worldwide. GSM version I heard isnt till around June of 06. The Operating system isnt bad by any means, it is extremely stable even at this point with the software not being close to finalized, and the WM5.0 is a strong competitor, just depends on what your needs are in a device thats all...
Any BlackBerry Connect for the Q thoughts/rumors/info?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:10 AM   #26
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs down

Quote:
How in the zarkin' FARDWARKS did Verizon swing that?!?!?!?!?!?

Last *I* heard, the Q was to be a T-MOBILE exclusive!!!!

Then again, I guess it doesn't really matter. Given Motorola's LOUSY track record with Windows Mobile smartphones/PDA phones*, the Q probably won't be worth anything except as an eye-catching piece of "bling".

*Anyone that has followed Motorola's Windows OS phones knows that the ones that made it to the market in the USA (MPx200, MPx220) were recalled/discontinued by the cell phone carriers fairly quickly, due to having too many complaints from users about bugs/glitches. Also, the planned release of the MPx100 has been cancelled, and the highly anticipated MPx(300) never saw release beyond the Asian markets used for initial product testing, because it also never worked as well as Motorola hoped it would.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 11-16-2005 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: Fixing stupid typos...
Old 11-16-2005, 02:20 AM   #27
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: FFFFFFF

the Q I think will change that...your completely right about what you said about the Windows OS but they have invested way too much money in this and plus it's on Verizon and Verizon paid stupid money to have it first opposed to them offering to one of the 90,000 GSM carriers first. You will see it released...

The Boy Genius Report
Old 11-16-2005, 03:08 AM   #28
bperkins
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

BG...is it possible that Verizon chose this device instead of the 8700? Or as in the past the newer BlackBerry models go GSM carriers first?

Last edited by bperkins; 11-18-2005 at 12:17 AM..
Old 11-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #29
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
I am not trying to sound so conceded but i piss on $2,000. Second the only reason I got defensive is its like me telling your girlfriend your cheating on her, it invokes stuff that shouldn't be. I try to tread carefully with RIM because of the amount of stuff they have helped me and clients out with. Lets leave all this nonsense alone ok? Plus I just talked to Guess and he laughed his ass off about my comment
BG, after reading your comments I think it's rather funny that you're comparing a blackberry/phone to a girlfriend. That's really funny... I hope none of you guys are serious about any of this.
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:07 AM   #30
nicaboy69

Model: 7100t
Default ???

Quote:
Just a couple friendly words...eat my shorts. I AM THE BOY GENIUS.
BG,

Do you know when 8700 will be out for Nextel??

Thanks

A.S.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:35 PM   #31
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicaboy69
BG,

Do you know when 8700 will be out for Nextel??

Thanks

A.S.
Probably never. If anything, you will see this device with EV-DO technology offered on Sprint's CDMA network. It is in Sprint's plan to phase out the iDen network.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #32
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

there not going to phase it out till 2010...so i would say yes it will come out on iden just to keep up in the market since it has a ptt button on the side and speaker phone already on it

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 11-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #33
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
there not going to phase it out till 2010...so i would say yes it will come out on iden just to keep up in the market since it has a ptt button on the side and speaker phone already on it
AFAIK, 2010 is the time when phase out is supposed to be completed. And jugdging by how long it is taking the CingulATT integration to complete, Sprint will begin the phase out very soon.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #34
rickr

Model: 7100T

BG, how about a picture side by side that demonstrates the thickness of the Q and the 8700? Thanks!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #35
midwest@fan.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc
AFAIK, 2010 is the time when phase out is supposed to be completed. And jugdging by how long it is taking the CingulATT integration to complete, Sprint will begin the phase out very soon.

From my meetings with Nextel governmental reps they ave stated that the IDEN network is being phased out now for civilians, and they want to only keep government on IDEN until full transition to CDMA Sprint. Either way, I am done with IDEN Nextel, they are not maintaining their hardware and cutting their costs is the primary concern for them.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:05 AM   #36
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Ha:

http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/smartp...p#viewcomments
Old 11-20-2005, 07:10 AM   #37
snooks

Model: 7250

I don't know which one you are seeing but the one I saw last week had great keys. Easily better than the Blackberrys or Treos. This blows away both devices. I expect it will be a huge seller.

Quote:
Should be out Jan-Feb on Verizon. I don't like it actually, before I got the 8700 I loved it, but now it's not that great. Only thing is the multimedia support and the web browsing on EV-DO is amazing. So emotional. Keys are no way near the 8700's abilities. They are probably 2x worse than the Treo 600. I do know that this is not the final hardware and think they are redoing the keys... I will take some shots of the devices side by side for comparison something that really caught me was how thin the Q really is compared to 8700...
Old 11-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #38
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
I would be surprised if Nextel got the 8700, if they did it would be last.

I also can not see Sprint putting any more money into iDen technology. I am hoping that Sprint gets PTT up to use on both Nextel and Sprint for it's customers. After they do that, I think we will see Sprint getting many iDen customers to get off of the iDen network.

I do not think that Sprint will have to move loyal customers off of iDen, they willo slowly make it less attractive and allow iDen customers stave to death for new technology. With out a doubt, Sprint has a master plan that will get people off iDen in the future.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #39
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest@fan.com
From my meetings with Nextel governmental reps they ave stated that the IDEN network is being phased out now for civilians, and they want to only keep government on IDEN until full transition to CDMA Sprint. Either way, I am done with IDEN Nextel, they are not maintaining their hardware and cutting their costs is the primary concern for them.
Agreed. I think we are on the same page. The whole point of the merger was to get Nextel out of the bands where they interfered with Public Service networks (Motorola SmartNet 800, etc.).

Anyway, we are now taking this post way off-topic, so lets return to the Q. =)
Old 11-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #40
dagoo98

Model: 7520
Carrier: sprint

Is there any chance that Nextel will get the Motorola Q?
Closed Thread