BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #21
reikiqueen1

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Same Error but won't fix - help!

Please Login to Remove!

I'm getting the same error message and when I try veejr's fix, I get another error. When I am trying to configure my calendar for synchronizing, it won't finish the process and I get a "no available message stores" error. Any ideas?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #22
ytuttlewilliams

Model: 8130
Carrier: Alltel
Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejayr View Post
The DM Log said:

Internal Error #-725
Translation Canceled.

Couldn't find any reference to this error message anywhere, but applied the following workaround, which I found elsewhere, for Error 728. This worked - at least for now - altho comparing logs from before and after, I can't see what the issue might have been. Steps are below.

Moderators - is this solution generic enough to be posted to the DM FAQ?

Complete the following to fix:

1. Make sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager is closed.
2. Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. If you can't find the Application Data folder, see note below.
3. Rename the Intellisync folder (e.g., Intellisync_old).
4. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
5. Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
6. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
7. Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
8. When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
9. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.
A new Intellisync folder is created.

Note:
If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:

1. While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
2. Click on the View tab.
3. Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
4. Click OK.

I have been getting error code 0x8004frd02 for the last two days and this worked!!!! Thank you so much, it was beginning to get annoying!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #23
camlittley@msn.com

Model: 8220
Carrier: rogers
Default error taken care of.

Thanks for the info Veejayr. helped out immensely. Although finding application data in vista was a bit of a pain.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

I know this is an old post but I ran into this error today on my 8900. Silly me, I googled and first hit was this page. I should have known to come straight to Blackberryforums.com.

Thanks veejayr for an easy fix.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #25
kdmerchvt

Model: 750
Carrier: AT&T
Default Worked like a champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiler View Post
Thank you so much. Worked perfectly
veejayr solution worked like a champ! Thanks so much.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #26
ptyler32780
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Thank you so much this fix worked. Everything had been working fine until the last sync I did today and I got the 0x8004fd28 error. I have to wonder if this happened due to any update 4.6 that Desktop Manager did? Any thoughts on this?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #27
scrmblmegs

Model: 8300
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same error, but I cannot seem to get it to go away... I am on Windows Vista and can't find any documents and settings folder no matter how hard I try... I assume they have renamed it... I cannot find an Intellisync folder either.

Any help would be most appreciated!!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #28
munirsaami

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers
Default blackberry synchronization error 0x8004fd2b

Quote:
The DM Log said:

Internal Error #-725
Translation Canceled.

Couldn't find any reference to this error message anywhere, but applied the following workaround, which I found elsewhere, for Error 728. This worked - at least for now - altho comparing logs from before and after, I can't see what the issue might have been. Steps are below.

2. Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. If you can't find the Application Data folder, see note below.
5. Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
6. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
7. Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
8. When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
9. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.

Note:
If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:

1. While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
3. Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
4. Click OK.
I faced the same problem and the error code. It was on Desktop version 5.1.18. Applied the above remediation process. Error resolved. Sync completed. Thanks to veejayr . Cheers
Old 03-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
jukos

Model: 8310
Carrier: rogers
Default blackberry synchronization error. Mine was 0x80040fb3

similar problem but error number a little different, still this was the fix. Thanks mucho!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #30
Rabbitok

Model: 7280
Carrier: Vodafone
Thumbs up Confirm Fix Resolves

Confirm the fix of renaming the users/%username%/appdata/roaming/research in motion/synchronisation folder to synchronisation_old and rebuilding the synch within Desktop Manager resolves the error 0x8004fd28

Much Appreciated,

Charley Rouse
EnterpreNerd
Nerds On Site
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #31
RennOnline

Model: 9630
Carrier: Telus
Default Same problem on my 9630 Tour

I am getting the same problem on my 9630. I am running Windows XP (upgraded from Vista) and I have Desktop manager 5.0.0.419 with 4.2.0.179 on my hand held. Can this solution be applied to this recent of a model?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #32
mryanpierce

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Sprint Nextel
Default Same error code but address book will not load.

Thanks for the detailed directions now everything is updating except my address book. On the last syncro. we did an update that totally dropped out many of my contacts on blackberry (and direct-connect contacts disapeared). I have pulled the battery many times and get the code 0>=0 on my phone so maybe I don't have a sync problem, just a phone problem. Any help on this variation?

Thanks, Mark

Quote:
The DM Log said:

Internal Error #-725
Translation Canceled.

Note:

4. Click OK.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #33
wolfgrrrrr

Model: pearl
Carrier: e-plus
Default errorcode 0X8004fd28

I assume htis has to do with inconstent data entry on either BB or PC.
The easiest way to overcome this issue is to suspend bidirectional synch.
If you are sure taht you have all relevant data on either system, give this priority and overide the other. Then you can switch back to bidirectional service and conflicht notification.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #34
cpaSpencer

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT
Default Re: Desktop Mgr 4.3 Error Message

Running v5.0.1 of Desktop Manger on Bold 9700. Have been trying to fix this for two weeks. Keep getting error code 0x8004fcd6 when trying to synchronize my calendar and address book. Followed veejayr's workaround and I'm back in business! Thanks!
Closed Thread