Old 07-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
dirk12345

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile(d1)
Default Blackberry in Vietnam

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Forum,

our CEO travels to Vietnam regularly since 2 months and his not able to use his BB 8800 there (in china it works fine).
He is able to make voice calls, but recieving/sending emails is not prossible with a german tmobile(d1) sim card. They do not have a roaming partner in vietnam, which provides data services(EDGE/GPRS).
Even other german mobile phone companys told me, that it's not possible to use the BB in vietnam and they cannot tell me how we can get it working in vietnam. They all have no experience using a BB in a non-euopean country...

The BB is not sim-locked and i thought about buying a vietnamese sim card from mobifone oder vinaphone for him. I talked to a person from a mobile phone shop in vietnam and he told me that it's not possible to use a sim card from mobifone or vinaphone. Because it depends on another BB software version and if he installs this version on our BB, it will not work with our german sim card anymore.

Now i am really confused...because i read, that some people are able to use a vietnam sim card in their blackberry and some are able to use roaming and can recieve emails.
It would be ok for me to get a sim card from another country, which is able to use roaming in vietnam. But it should be able to work with our existing BB devices.

Any ideas or tips for me, how i can solve this problem and get it working?
Or a shop/dealer which has a deep experience with international bb usage?

Thanks in advance!

Regards from germany
Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
viscafe

Carrier: Tmobile

BB device are connected or identified on BES via their PIN number so as long as you have a sim that has a BES Data service the device will be able to pass data between your BES and the Berry. I have a user that goes to Bolivia and we had to get his Blackberry unlocked so that when he arrives there all he does is to insert the sim from a Bolivian Local wireless carrier and he is able to connect to GPRS and sometimes EDGE, but this works! Reminder make sure the sim that you use has BES Data Service!!!

Omar
Old 07-11-2008, 03:46 AM   #3
tuanna

Model: 8700g
Carrier: VietTel

Hey, I am from VN and using BB 8700g. All cariers here haven't supported BB yet, so we will not have Push Mail. But we can still use GPRS or Edge for Internet access. So the best way to use BB in Vietnam is to buy local SIM card with GPRS activated, so you can still have Internet access and use GMail, or JiveTalk without any problem.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:24 AM   #4
dirk12345

Carrier: Tmobile(d1)

Hello,

thanks for your replies!

Since one week the blackberrys are working in vietnam. Even a EDGE connection is possible. But only in the center of Hanoi with the provider vinaphone, not in the outskirts.
I am not sure, perhaps tmobile germany made a contract with them now...
Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
hientran

Model: 8100
Carrier: student

i have a BB. its moder is 8100. i don't know i can use it in vietnam.
where can i unlock the phone?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
mspdg7

Model: 8100
Carrier: none

I just arrived in vietnam with my unlocked, blackberry pearl and am searching for a company where i can buy a sim card and activate my blackberry with all the blackberry services. I need my phone up and running asap!

if i could get wireless providers names, and maybe even price ranges for plans? or how do blackberry's work in vietnam?

Thank you!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
kokocandy

Model: 8700g
Carrier: fire fox

I live in vietnam, and using BB 8700g
in VietNam,there are many store of BB, but we don't know origin! they unlock BB by software.
Now Viettel - a Telecommunications services in Viet Nam, this is offical distributor of BB. They're supporting push mail and unlock BB. But their price very expensive ><! I can't believe their price on highest level

when I bought my phone... I have a trip of price and quality indication!there are some store with good quality, some in bad...

with my pleasure and and loving also the same phone like you, I very happy to help anyone in vietnam.

Dont mind contact me ^^

Koko

hand phone: +84 9 1660 6313
Closed Thread