Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
apatz

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Not removing deleted messages from desktop

Please Login to Remove!

Just got my 8800 last week. Company has consistently upgraded me from 8700 to 8100 to 8800. Love the 8800 but one thing is causing me some problems. When I have the BB Dimension Today Theme set, artifact messages sometimes appear in my message list even after i've deleted the message. I can change the theme to another theme for awhile and then change back and they're gone. But as long as I have the theme set the deleted messages still display. I can highlight and display them - Choose Delete - go back to main screen and they're still there. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Dizkid

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Easiest solution so far is to pop out the battery and wait a few seconds and pop it back in. I have the same issue - only appears to be text messages though - no issues with deleted e-mails remaining. The battery removal works.

Any one know why these deleted messages will sometimes remain?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
apatz

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default That works but...

This is ridiculuous that you have to remove the battery to delete text messages from the desktop screen. Has anybody else reported this issue to RIM. Seems like it should be a simple software update.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
Keyscan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by apatz View Post
This is ridiculuous that you have to remove the battery to delete text messages from the desktop screen. Has anybody else reported this issue to RIM. Seems like it should be a simple software update.
Could be a small software issue that requires an appload, or simply a database corruption where you may need to clear the SMS and/or messages databases.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
rouxster

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

ROFL...Removing the battery is not an option. Yes, that does work, but I would have to remove the battery 3 to 4 times a day. That is rediculous. Has anyone called a provider? Based on the forum, this has to be happening to most everyone.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
rouxster

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

I called AT&T and the guy got me to do a master reset. That did not work. They called RIM and after talking to 2 or 3 techs, they all told me the same thing. It is a known issue on the 8800 series phones and 4.2.x software. They know about it and it will be fixed in the next software release. They could not give me a date for the next release, "it could ne tomorrow, next week, or next month." He said the only way to correct the problem right now is to do like everyone else said (and I laughed) was to remove the battery - a hard reset.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #7
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Same here for me ... It only does it on Text messages, and the only way I can cure it is to pull the battery ... This seems to happen at least once a week. Funny thing is that it only happens with a couple of contacts.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
jrusch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 32CC212F
Carrier: US Cellular

I am having the same problem with my 8830. Only with SMS text messages. And even after it is deleted, it can be opened from the home screen and the entire message is still there. You don't need to do a battery pull to get rid of it, you can use SoftReset.
Closed Thread