BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #21
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Well...that wasn't the answer I was hoping to gt back. OK....lets start from scratch.
Shut down the new BES server. Set all the BES services to manual. Ensure that the other BES server (old BES) is shutdown entirely (disable the NIC card if possible).
Reboot the box with the new BES server, login and test the MAPI profile. Check the Event viewer for any errors related to any of the "normal" server services. If all's clear, then manually start the BES services one at a time from the services applet.
It's ok to proceed in the same order that they are listed in the Services applet. It may not be necessary to start the Database consistency service. After all services have started, have a look at the event viewer for errors with the Dispatcher or Exchange connector. Launch the BM console and view the status of the BES server icon.
Ledt me know how that goes.....
Old 02-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #22
BlackBerryLinks
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBuddha
Well Bob, you never stated to call RIM, you merely implied that I never did call, even though I already told you I had. Based on your contemptible comments I called again, and got the same results. So my opinion of you still stands.
Even if I, or someone else, is completely wrong. We are here all to try to help eachother. And my english is not that good, but even with that in mind I try to help everyone. Even people who talk like you about me...

I really hope that you can fix your problem and that you tell it what it was...

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #23
eBuddha
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerryLinks
Even if I, or someone else, is completely wrong. We are here all to try to help eachother. And my english is not that good, but even with that in mind I try to help everyone. Even people who talk like you about me...

I really hope that you can fix your problem and that you tell it what it was...

Regards,
Bob
Bob, I appreciate that you are trying to help, but when someone answers your question you need to take them at their word, not claim that the person didn't listen to your advice. When you said I didn't contact RIM you not only made a poor assumption, you also called me a liar since I already stated that I did. That being said, this forum is not the place for these discussions. I sent you private messages which you clearly ignored, and instead decided to post on the forum here. Let's get back to the issue at hand, and start fresh. I would greatly appreciate any meaningful input you can give me to resolve this issue. Thanks Bob.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #24
eBuddha

Dev, I cannot shut the server down now since it is used for other functions, but I will later this evening. I will post tonight or tomorrow with the outcome.

Thanks,

E-
Old 02-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #25
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Hey eBuddha...if my original suggestions don't work, then I think you may have to look at your firewall settings. Is your firewall configured to only allow "stateful" traffic from the old BES server? Meaning..is it configured to the IP address of the old BES server? If RIM hasn't blocked the connection, and the old BES can start without a problem...then let's look at the new BES configuration and how it's connected within your current network.
Just a thought...
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #26
BlackBerryLinks

For what other functions do you use the server also? Is there maybe a conflict in tcp/ip ports?

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #27
eBuddha

I am able to connect to RIM just fine from the new server. Here is thr output from BBSRPTest

NetworkAccessNode is srp.na.blackberry.net.
Attempting to connect to srp.na.blackberry.net (204.187.87.33), port 3101
Sending test packet
Waiting for response
Receiving response
Checking response
Successful
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #28
BlackBerryLinks

Are all required services running? Special NT LAN Manager (NTLM) Security Support Provider is sometimes disabled.

The following Microsoft Windows services are required to run the BlackBerry Enterprise Server:

* Event Log
* NT LAN Manager (NTLM) Security Support Provider
* Windows Time service
* Workstation

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #29
eBuddha

We may be getting to something here. This could be a Java issue:

The description for Event ID ( 15000 ) in Source ( BlackBerry Mobile Data Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: <2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, java.io.EOFException
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at rimmir.mirrim.mir.xzwy.zXZW(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at rimmir.mirrim.mir.zvww.read(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at rimmir.mirrim.mir.yzyx.z$zz(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at rimmir.mirrim.mir.yzyx.<init>(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at rimmir.mirrim.mir.vvvv.xxXW(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SRP, EVENT = Exception, at rimmir.mirrim.mir.xwx.run(Unknown Source)
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<java.io.EOFException>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at rimmir.mirrim.mir.xzwy.zXZW(Unknown Source)>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at rimmir.mirrim.mir.zvww.read(Unknown Source)>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at rimmir.mirrim.mir.yzyx.z$zz(Unknown Source)>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at rimmir.mirrim.mir.yzyx.<init>(Unknown Source)>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at rimmir.mirrim.mir.vvvv.xxXW(Unknown Source)>
<2006-02-13 18:04:53.122 CST>:[942]:<MDS_BLACKBERRY>:<ERROR>:<at rimmir.mirrim.mir.xwx.run(Unknown Source)>
Old 02-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #30
BlackBerryLinks

Support - java.io.eof exception warning
Last Updated: 12 December 2005
Article Number: KB-03777

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary
This article applies to the following:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server® 3.6 and 4.0
BlackBerry® Mobile Data Service
Microsoft® Exchange
Java™ Runtime Environment
Microsoft Windows®

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem
When you start the Mobile Data Service, you receive the following error:

MDS SRP Identifier, lost connection due to java.io.eof exception

You also see the following in the event log:

<2004-10-05 10:53:11 GMT - 07:00>:[36]:<MDS_SRPAPP29_SRV2>:<EVENT>: <LAYER = SCM, EVENT = MDS lost connection to the BES: S1666139 due to java.io.EOFException>

Cause 1
There is more than one version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.1_02 running on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Resolution
Remove all instances of JRE, and install JRE 1.4.1_02.

Uninstall all JRE software from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
In the Add/Remove Programs window, select each JRE software version and click Remove.
Restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
After all versions of JRE are uninstalled, download and install the latest version of JRE from the Sun Microsystems™ Java web site.

Cause 2
Multiple instances of BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 have the same SRPuid listed in the MDSConfig table of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server database, even though the Service Routing Protocol (SRP) Authentication values are correct in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management console. You may also see the following in the event log and the BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug log:

[20243] (12/02 00:00:06):{0xD08} [SRP] Authentication failed for S102807,IPPP

Resolution
Enter the correct SRPuid for each instance of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server in the MDSConfig table of the database. Make sure the SRP Authentication values in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Management console are correct.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:58 AM   #31
gazza

Model: Bold

as the server is running, sometimes you find that just restarting the Blackberry Dispatcher service can just kick the SRP connection into touch, sounds simple but try restarting the Blackberry Dispatcher
Old 02-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #32
eBuddha

OK, Bob I think you may also be on to something with the port conflict. I took dev's suggestion and slowly started each BB service, and the BB Router service fails complaining that port 4101 is in use. I have tracked the application down to controld.exe which is software for a our firewall. I will let you know the outcome in a few moments....
Old 02-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #33
eBuddha

All right guys, we are cooking! Thanks Dev and Bob, both of you were on the money. I found the erroring service by using Dev's methods, and Bob was right about the port conflict.

Just as an FYI, on Windows 2000 you cannot see the owning PID using netstat like you can in XP/2003 so I had to download Active Ports 1.4 from download.com. From there I found the offending process, killed it, rebooted, and all was good.

Thanks a million!

Last edited by eBuddha; 02-14-2006 at 10:52 AM..
Old 02-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #34
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Excellent eBuddha..glad to have helped.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #35
BlackBerryLinks

eBuddha,

Happy that it works now. Port 4101 is used by the BlackBerry router for least routing. The handheld manager can rout directly to the router when the BlackBerry is connected. See "Placing the router in the DMZ". You can change that port, if you don't use that. Also this was not supported by BES 3.x

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #36
BlackBerryLinks

eBuddha,

Just for learning. What Firewall (and software) is used, because this can happend for everyone...

Regards,
Bob
Old 02-14-2006, 11:09 AM   #37
eBuddha

It is the log monitoring service for Watchguard. We are just going to move this service to another PC.

Thanks,

E-
Closed Thread