BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
nevi

Model: 7250
Unhappy Blutooth Service Missing

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me out, because I am absolutly stumpted.......

I have a Bell Mobility Blackberry 7250 version 4.1 with the EVDO patch. This device was originally linked to a BES, but it is no longer. My problem is coming in when I try to pair the device to my Laptop via Bluetooth; the Laptop gives an error that it is unable to detect services from the Blackberry. In my Bluetooth options I only have “Headset” and “Handsfree”. “Desktop Connectivity” and “Wireless Bypass” are both missing. According to to the Blackberry knowledgebase this would indicate that there is an IT Policy disabling these functionalities. I checked the Security Options, and lo-and-behold there was an IT Policy in place.

I followed the instructions in “Unlocking the Blackberry” (blackberry.awardspace.com) and the IT Policy is no longer there. At least, it no longer shows there is one there in the Security Options. However, in my Bluetooth options I am still missing “Desktop Connectivity” and “Wireless Bypass”. I tried reloading the Handheld Software, but that didn’t help.

Erlier today I linked the device to a friend of mine's BES (different than the one it was originally linked to) and he applied a blank policy to the device. The Bluetooth Services List is still missing those 2 options.

Unfortunatley, linking to the original BES is not an available option.

Please Help!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Talk to your friend again aand tell him this:
to set disable bluetooth to false or remove it from the IT policy. By default the policy "disable bluetooth is set to false"

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
nevi

Thank you for you help, I really appreciate it.

I don't think I am understanding though. If, by default, the Disable Bluetooth policy is set to false, then wouldn't that be what we are looking for.

Also, in the policy he loaded onto it, I know that Bluetooth was not diabled. I don't understand much about the BES, but he sent me a screenshot of the IT Policy Rules and the 5 Checkboxes under Bluetooth Policy Group were all unchecked.

The 5 options were: Disable Bluetooth, Disable Pairing, Disable Headset Profile, Disable Handsfree Profile, and Disable Serial Port Profile. None of these were selected.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
KonTiki

I dont know how BES works and I do not understand the syntax, I just did a bit of searching ad found that posted by a BB admin in another thread.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
nevi

Okay, I'll try having him disable Bluetooth then re-enable it.

Perhaps that will do the trick?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevi
Hello All,

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me out, because I am absolutly stumpted.......

I have a Bell Mobility Blackberry 7250 version 4.1 with the EVDO patch. This device was originally linked to a BES, but it is no longer. My problem is coming in when I try to pair the device to my Laptop via Bluetooth; the Laptop gives an error that it is unable to detect services from the Blackberry. In my Bluetooth options I only have xxx8220;Headsetxxx8221; and xxx8220;Handsfreexxx8221;. xxx8220;Desktop Connectivityxxx8221; and xxx8220;Wireless Bypassxxx8221; are both missing.

I am still having this problem with the following setup:
BB 7105t (and 7100t) BOTH w/ T-Mo OS 4.1 (no BES or IT policy; strictly personal use)
Acer TravelMate C110 Notebook PC
Windows XP Tablet PC 2005
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Still no go. I get the errors on my PC also. "An error occured while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings were not saved:
Discoverability settings
Connectivity Settings"

Also, I have all 4 services listed: Headset, Handsfree, Desktop Connectivity and Wireles Bypass.

Last edited by EricaJ1074; 05-17-2006 at 05:58 PM..
Old 05-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #7
KonTiki

Quote:

I don't think I am understanding though. If, by default, the Disable Bluetooth policy is set to false, then wouldn't that be what we are looking for.

Also, in the policy he loaded onto it, I know that Bluetooth was not diabled. I don't understand much about the BES, but he sent me a screenshot of the IT Policy Rules and the 5 Checkboxes under Bluetooth Policy Group were all unchecked.

The 5 options were: Disable Bluetooth, Disable Pairing, Disable Headset Profile, Disable Handsfree Profile, and Disable Serial Port Profile. None of these were selected.
Follow this for a minute;

1) If disable the bluetooth is chcecked it means that it wont work.

2) Setting disable bluetooth to false is the opposite of true which in my eyes would be the same as checking it.

So again the policy should say disable bluetooth = false in order for it to work.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
KonTiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJ1074
I am still having this problem with the following setup:
BB 7105t (and 7100t) BOTH w/ T-Mo OS 4.1 (no BES or IT policy; strictly personal use)
Acer TravelMate C110 Notebook PC
Windows XP Tablet PC 2005
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Still no go. I get the errors on my PC also. "An error occured while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings were not saved:
Discoverability settings
Connectivity Settings"

Also, I have all 4 services listed: Headset, Handsfree, Desktop Connectivity and Wireles Bypass.
You are probably using third party bluetooth drivers like from widcomm, Make sure any drivers that came with the dongle are unistalled, and let windows xp sp2 discover the dongle and install its own drivers.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-21-2006, 11:24 PM   #9
YE.Hsu

Model: 7290

Quote:

could you do me a favor to send this screenshot to me?
or the it policy wirting in that way?
DisableBluetooth {policy} = false
DisablePairing {policy} =false
DisableHandsfreeProfie {policy} = false
DisableSerialPortProfile {policy} = false
Old 09-21-2006, 08:58 AM   #10
cdoggLBC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

Ugh! This is driving me crazy. I am having the same problem. The only BES I have ever had my 7130c attached to is the ExchangeMyMail BES. When I moved to their new system that uses BES 4.1 (as opposed to their old system that uses 4.0) I lost the xxx8220;Desktop Connectivityxxx8221; and xxx8220;Wireless Bypassxxx8221; services. They INSIST that their IT policy is completely default and neutral. I have had them push out the IT policy twice to no avail.

Has anyone figured this out??
Closed Thread