Old 04-28-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
jnelson2000
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Software For BlackBerry 8700g - 4.1.0.371

Please Login to Remove!

Software For BlackBerry 8700g(TM)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.371 (English)

Package Version: 4.1.0.371
Consisting of:
Applications: 4.1.0.309
Software Platform: 2.0.0.133

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...149E92A551338E
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
jnelson2000

Model: 9000

Voda theme is different. I actually like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8700-home.JPG (18.3 KB, 124 views)
Old 04-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #3
Postalrecon

Model: N80

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

So I installed the new software, but I don't see a voda theme at all, is it available ota. The browser seems faster on the bb now, and I like how you don't have to go to the options menu to organize the apps.

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 04-29-2006, 01:02 AM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

I updated the BlackBerry.alx file in my thread in the Ringtones/Themes forum. This should unlock the themes.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #5
jibi
BlackBerry God

Just FYI, they have made some changes on the Zen theme. I know someone was asking about the 'SMS and MMS Messages' or something in a previous thread - it now just says 'SMS Messages'. In Options, there is no longer a 'Home Screen' option but now rather there is an 'Organize Applications' option. That's all for now.

This OS also is the first to actually support the Today themes, although they are not available with the package.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:03 AM   #6
Postalrecon

thanks much

Old 04-29-2006, 02:59 AM   #7
Postalrecon

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Today themes are right around the corner, a quick question, any particular reason why some countries get new OS before america does. Btw thanks jibi for the new .alx

Old 04-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #8
Postalrecon

And has anybody that's upgraded to 4.1.0.309 had issues with the internet browser with tmo?

Old 04-29-2006, 05:38 AM   #9
Postalrecon

I don't know what happened, when I used the alx on the ringtones and themes page, my browser wouldn't work for shite, but since I went back to the one that came with the telestra install, works great, any ideas guys?

Old 04-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #10
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
Today themes are right around the corner, a quick question, any particular reason why some countries get new OS before america does.
Its all about the testing. RIM makes the OS available to everyone, but some companies push it thru testing faster than others. The larger the cellular carrier, the more testing they do.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-29-2006, 11:06 AM   #11
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:

I don't know what happened, when I used the alx on the ringtones and themes page, my browser wouldn't work for shite, but since I went back to the one that came with the telestra install, works great, any ideas guys?
Might want to do the Host Routing Table registration. The ALX that I provide does nothing but enable the themes and BlackBerry Messenger for all carriers. Nothing was removed or changed for the Browser (its a separate ALX).
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #12
KChung54
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

I see that the browsers are now part of the main screen rather than in the Applications folder in this Vodafone screenshot -- what applications now sit within the Applications folder?

Thanks,

Kelvin
Old 04-29-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChung54
I see that the browsers are now part of the main screen rather than in the Applications folder in this Vodafone screenshot -- what applications now sit within the Applications folder?

Thanks,

Kelvin
Calculator
Saved Messages
Password Keeper
Pictures
BrickBreaker
Old 04-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #14
Postalrecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Might want to do the Host Routing Table registration. The ALX that I provide does nothing but enable the themes and BlackBerry Messenger for all carriers. Nothing was removed or changed for the Browser (its a separate ALX).
i figured that, the only thing i can think of is that tmo was having problems, but still i kept getting "bad request errors" for webpages, or "a problem occoured while trying to render the page"

but ill give it one more shot, all i need to do is replace their alx, with the one here?

Old 04-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #15
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
i figured that, the only thing i can think of is that tmo was having problems, but still i kept getting "bad request errors" for webpages, or "a problem occoured while trying to render the page"

but ill give it one more shot, all i need to do is replace their alx, with the one here?
no. you need to actually update the software to the Telstra OS and then replace its BlackBerry.alx file with the one provided in the other thread. if you want to use the edited TMO BlackBerry.alx file with their software installation, its still available in that same thread. don't mix and match the ALX files - it shouldn't cause a problem, but i'm not going to search through thousands of lines of XML code to verify that it wouldn't.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #16
Postalrecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
no. you need to actually update the software to the Telstra OS and then replace its BlackBerry.alx file with the one provided in the other thread. if you want to use the edited TMO BlackBerry.alx file with their software installation, its still available in that same thread. don't mix and match the ALX files - it shouldn't cause a problem, but i'm not going to search through thousands of lines of XML code to verify that it wouldn't.
i did that first, then put the new alx in after the fact then when i went to update, it updated the core elements, it was working fine all along, tmo was having some issues early this morning, sorry to bring the problem here

Old 04-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #17
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Biggest news in that this OS allows 3rd part icons to be correctly shown in the Zen theme.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #18
amassere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

i think i posted my reply in the wrong thread...

hopefully you guys can help!!! I just installed the new version...only one question...with the bhanit version..when it came to the zen them i had the option to remove the text next to the icons. (when my trackwheel goes on the "mail" icon, it shows "messages") With the old version i had a checkbox to remove that text...cant find it here!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #19
jibi
BlackBerry God

i don't think they took that into account, to be perfectly honest. i don't see the option either.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #20
amassere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

ah crap!!!back to the older version!!! I hate it!!! Correct me if im wrong, but with the new today theme, the main meau will be accessed from the middle button! correct?
Closed Thread