Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
dstaff
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: G
Carrier: Bell
Default Unable to sync 2 O/S 4.5 devices to BBDM 4.2

Please Login to Remove!

I'm in a bit of a pickle, My wife and I both have Blackberries, I have a Pearl 8130 running OS 4.5.0.66 while she has a Curve 8330 running OS 4.5.77

I upgraded both devices to 4.5 because we wanted the ability to separate our work and home calendars.
So we both sync our home calendar using BBDM 4.2, which has been fine until yesterday. We use DM 4.2 because it is required for my home mail server. She uses Desktop 4.2 at work also (this time because she still uses Outlook 2000, which DM 4.5 does not support.)

When we first setup the home DM we specified a default calendar in options > Advanced Option > Default Services. She changes the default calendar if she needs to sync her work calendar. This had been fine for a week. but yesterday it just stopped syncing the Calendar, Contacts is fine.. There is no error report, no pop-up to say error detected and nothing in the sync log.

I've tried reconfiguring the sync settings, recreated the sync profile, rebooted the PC and did a battery pull on the hand held. Nothing seems to help. The only way I can get things to sync now is to change the default calendar account to what she uses at work, then it sync's but duplicates the home entries and adds the work entries to the home calendar.

On my handheld I've done the same with no luck. I do not sync my work calendar via DM at works, I use BIS only and the calendar event are only added if I receive a meeting request via e-mail. I did install NotifyLink so I do some testing with it, and it is configured to do an OTA sync of the calendar. And I used a different Default calendar account for that. And if I switch to the account I used for the OTA sync I too get all the home calendar event duplicating in the calendar.

My question is.. Can someone shed some light on this? Is this ultimately because DM 4.2 can not distinguish between the different calendar accounts and will only sync with the last one setup?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Last edited by dstaff; 09-25-2008 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Corrected Curve model number
Old 09-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
dstaff
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: G
Carrier: Bell

Here is a little update.. Just after posting my original comments I upgraded my 8130 to o/s 4.5.0.77 (the same version my wife's 8330 is running) THe upgrade went fine.. Everything on the handheld seemed to be ok....

I connected the Pearl to the desktop this morning and was able to successfully sync the calendar. But I stll can not sync the Curve. And there is no O/S upgrade available for it yet for me to try that...

Last edited by dstaff; 09-25-2008 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: corrected Curve Model number
Closed Thread