BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:18 AM   #41
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Well if mine had worked right the first time I probably would have gotten all my apps back, but anyway I'm just glad to have it working again.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #42
Slammed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I love the new upgrade no probs here but it did take awhile so I just played UT99 untill it was done

By the way the new Calc rules way way easier to use
Old 08-24-2005, 02:40 PM   #43
Ayinde78

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Interesting. I lost BBMessengerand BBToday. Any explanation for this? I will just have to downlaod and install again. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #44
cayzac

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta53
Well I was able to reload the OS but all my apps like PD and telenav are gone. Bummer. Also I still don't have any browser icons.
Interesting, my PD and Telenav were still there but I lost all my PD settings and Telenav needed to download graphics and audio files again like it was the first time I installed it. Man, and I had alot of RSS feeds set up on PD! Oh well....
Old 08-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #45
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

would be interesting to see if the people who are having troubles or not read the installation instruction that said to install the latest DM which is the Service Pack 1 I had the SP1 and I havent had anytroubles what so ever
Old 08-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #46
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, for me, this new OS has turned out to be quite bug-ridden. It may be because I downloaded it via dialup instead of via broadband. I didn't d/l the new Desktop Manager, but I thought the install file for the OS did that automatically?

Anyway, for the time being, I need to UNINSTALL the new OS and revert to the previous version. I tried running the old install file, but that alone didn't work. It was apparently overridden by the new OS.

Please tell me ASAP how to revert my OS. Please do NOT waste my time asking what my glitches are... I'll post that info later. Right now, I JUST need to know how to roll back the OS. Tell me that first and I'll answer questions later. Thanks.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 08-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #47
LineNoise
Thumbs Must Hurt

Dawg: I ran a fresh install of Desktop Manager and the update program on a computer that never had either installed and I still had a hell of a time. All is well now, but I had to reload apps and wait over night for the blackberry to turn back on.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #48
Dawg
No longer Registered.

whne you did the fresh installof the DM did you go to all the hidden files there are five places to delete all the files from some I never knew about till I had to do a complete reinstall. I think the issues are the result of not installing the service pack1 prior to installing the new OS IMHO because I havent had not one issue at all I am very very very pleased with the update especially in the blue tooth realm
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #49
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Nevermind...

Nevermind... y'all were taking too long to reply, so I read Mark's OS FAQ and found out what to do to revert the OS. The reversion is complete, and I'll now stay with 4.0.0.249 until more people figure out how to get 4.0.2 working CORRECTLY. :-|

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 08-24-2005 at 08:35 PM..
Old 08-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #50
Dawg
No longer Registered.

lol chicken lol I say install the sp1 and try it again especially since you know how to revert now
Old 08-24-2005, 08:47 PM   #51
lpd293

Model: 8703e
Default Updated OS

I have to say that I did the update lastnight and it took quite along time for the last step to complete which was the restore. I lost no applications or anything. My best suggestion is to do what I did. I plugged my phone in and downloaded the software and forgot about it. Total time was about an hour and a half to complete. Once finished I took the battery out of the back and let the 7520 reset on its own. That alone took about another hour or so till the hourglass went away...All in all I love the new OS...BB Messenger is excellent and I'm using it with friends. AWESOME app!!! Calculator is phenominal. Berry 411 I had to reset my home address and work address but that was nothing. I had to reset telenav but that wasn't a problem at all. If you have a telenav account you can add your recent stops from the website. DONT BE AFRAID OF THIS UPGRADE IT'S FOR THE BETTER. Nothing slowed down on the blackberry at all. Remember when installing be patient and dont touch anything even when you think nothing is happening.

PIN # 4007A6DF
Old 08-24-2005, 08:52 PM   #52
cohiba smoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZ

No trouble with upgrade here either. I did lose some apps, but they were ones that I loaded from a different pc then the one I upgraded on. Other then the time to do it, no trouble. Took about 45 minutes to do its thing.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #53
LineNoise
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
whne you did the fresh installof the DM did you go to all the hidden files there are five places to delete all the files from some I never knew about till I had to do a complete reinstall. I think the issues are the result of not installing the service pack1 prior to installing the new OS IMHO because I havent had not one issue at all I am very very very pleased with the update especially in the blue tooth realm
Dawg:

I don't understand. I installed Desktop Manager on a computer that never even heard of a BlackBerry.

IMO, I dont' think the update was worth it for me, at least on the 7510. I am digging the new Calculator though. So at least there was a benefit.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:08 AM   #54
wireless
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: SPRINT-TMobile

Just to Chime in, I had loaded the DM SP1 a while back and had read the Install Info and was ready to roick. It froze in the last 1/3 of the install and after letting it set fozen for 45 minutes I finally said this is not going to get better. At first I was feeling like time to figure out the easiest way to get the repair process done (as in a technician repair), but starting from the beginning and using the Repair Process in the OS Install did it's thing, flawlessly. After having the first install issues, I was met with a fresh install of the new OS and no 3rd party apps. Had the backups, so no worrys.Then, I discovered my only unsolved issue. And here it is.

So, ATTENTION REQWIRELESS EMAIL Viewer users!! Were you able to use it after the OS upgrade? I have done a reinstall, a complete deinstall and reinstall and still getting the following error: "Error Starting EmailViewerCorporate Module net_rim_bb attachment not found". I had to get the new keys on both Reqwireless WebViewer and Email Viewer Corporate. With Reqwireless (The Company) playing " hide n go find", I sure was leary when I saw I needed new keys, but as many have reported, that is the only thing on their website that is still working just fine.

EDIT/ UPDATE: Well Im glad I caught it and didnt leave myself open for embaressment. You cant leave that SUB Program BLACKBERRY ATTACHMENTS unchecked when you reinstall or you will get that error,Error Starting EmailViewerCorporate Module net_rim_bb attachment not found I placed a check in there and now all is well. END EDIT

I also did the OS Upgrde on my 7510 backup BB, and went off without a hitch, and Reqwireless EMAIL viewer is working fine. (I did end up with 2 Wireless Viewer Menu Icons, I'll need to cruise the forum for a way to get rid of that second icon.? I believe I've seen someone address that somewhere? But I am now more concerned that the 7510 Emailviewer works but not the 7520 Reqwireless Mailviewer, where I need it the most as a Primary unit.. Never a dull moment.

Last edited by wireless; 08-25-2005 at 10:23 PM..
Old 08-25-2005, 05:02 AM   #55
Dawg
No longer Registered.

What dont you understand? Did you install the DM or service pack 1 which is also the DM. Before I upgraded I read all the information on it I installed service pack 1 then downloaded the OS upgrade took 40 mins from start to finish with downloadingthe software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineNoise
Dawg:

I don't understand. I installed Desktop Manager on a computer that never even heard of a BlackBerry.

IMO, I dont' think the update was worth it for me, at least on the 7510. I am digging the new Calculator though. So at least there was a benefit.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:05 AM   #56
rta53

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I had to reset telenav but that wasn't a problem at all.
In the date and time there are options to set it to Network or Blackberry. Which should we be using? Right now I have it set on Blackberry. I know the network time thing had been an issue with telenav before.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:19 AM   #57
Dawg
No longer Registered.

i never changed mine form the default which is network I think
Old 08-25-2005, 08:23 AM   #58
jwaters

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Just updated with no problems other than having to re-do some of my settings in PocketDay etc. Didn't lose any apps, didn't lose any of my contacts in BBMessenger either. I do have the latest DM with SP1 installed. Total installation time took about 20 minutes from the time I started to the time the BB rebooted.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #59
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Welcome back J Havent seen ya in a while I was wondering when you would chime in on this. Because I have seen you have some issues with other things so i was curious how you would do. Glad it went well.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:35 AM   #60
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Has anyone noticed any increase in battery? Mine seems to last quite a bit longer. Also, what about BB Messenger contacts. Any loss in those?
Closed Thread