BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
netbones

Model: E90
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Nokia E90 Cannot Activate with BES 4.x

Please Login to Remove!

We have a user who is using Vodafone as his provider, and we cannot activate the device on our BES server. He has blackberry service, and at one time he was able to activate. We've since completely wiped the device, upgraded to the latest firmware from the Nokia site, made sure he was deleted from the bes server, even rebooted the server for good measure.

The symptom is simple - once he initiates the activiation process, it just sits there. My bes server never sees his pin or any connection information.

He did receive an email from the blackbery network servers stating :

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.", with the attachment of "ETP.DAT".

So, it seems to me blackberry's network sees his attempt but am I correct in assuming that they are not passing the connection to us for some reason? This is driving us nuts!

Jim
Old 02-06-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
Gareth.Hooper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodacom

As far as I understand this mail should not be opened for activation to take place, I have however not formally tested this.

What I have also found with the E90's is that it does not make the connection to the Wireless network properly and is intermittent.

Perhaps you have one of those E90's that has that inherent Antennae problem that came out of the factory like that.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Spawneh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone NZ

My only helpful hint is to check the version of BB connect on the device is the correct version for the Nokia.

Each different version of Nokia platform has its own version of BB connect.

If the etp message is reaching the users mailbox does anything happen with it?

it should be removed by the BES.

If it isnt going anywhere it could be a symptom that the ETP msg has been changes/renamed/scanned or even permissions to that mailbox are not sufficient for the BESADMIN account to access.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
giampa

Carrier: Vodafone ITA

Hi,

I have the same problem, I would like to "migrate" my corporate BB using BES 4.x to my BBC on a new E90 I just got. I installed the BBC on the device, but I'm afraid to "break" the connection I have on the other device (which I will not use for sure).

My concerns are:
1) Do I have to involve our IT Dept to do the migration or can I handle it by myself?
2) I have the Desktop Manager installed in my Laptop connected to the BBerry device (A Vodafone 8120 Pearl device), shall I overwrite the Desktop Manager coming with the BBConnection of the Nokia E90 (seems that they cannot live together)
3) How to migrate the PIN and Settings from the previous device (the BB) to the new one E90?
4) Pls, as you have more experience than I, which are the feature (BES based) I will lose using the E90 instead of the BB?
5) Can I revert it (always without asking our IT Dept...) to the BB one day?

Thanks for your help.
I really would like to do the migration, possibly I need just a "moral" push!

Bye
Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
netbones

Carrier: AT&T

The etp email gets put in the deleted items folder of the user and never goes anywhere after that.

I'll check the bb connect version and report back.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
ericlecarde

Model: 6300
Carrier: Cingular

Im having a similar issue and my e90 will fail the activation. Ive upgraded to the latest firmware (210.34.75) and am using "Nokia S60 BlackBerry Connect 4.0 vers. 8.14.1(.SISX, 2,89 MB)" from the Nokia website. The conformation email gets sent to the hand held as well.

I have deleted and re added my user from the BES several times but I always get the "your account is not authorized for Enterprise Activation. Contact your IT Administrator." Message. The password is accepted but It will always fail. any help will be appreciated. I will post more as I try other scenarios. Thanks.
"In the parlance of our times."
Old 06-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
cellindo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: option - status
Carrier: XL & Indosat

mmmm its about Enterprise Activation Policy...
wait until in office tomorrow. will check to blackberry manager.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
cellindo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: option - status
Carrier: XL & Indosat

Blackberry Manager - Blackberry Domain - Edit Properties - Enterprise Service Policy - PIN - NEW ->> add your new PIN - OK.

After that, set EA Password and do EA one more time
Old 06-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured
Carrier: T-Mobile

What version of BES are you running? If it is BES 4.1.5. you will not be able to activate the device. There is a know issue. You have to follow these instructions to create a workaround:
Unable to successfully activate devices using BlackBerry Connect 4.0 on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.5 for Microsoft Exchange

for Microsoft Exchange