BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
veejayr

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Desktop Mgr 4.3 Error Message

Please Login to Remove!

On my 7130c, I'm using Desktop Mgr 4.3, with v.4.2196 OS.

After synch appears to finish, I get an Intellisync error that says "Error Code 0x8004fd2b. Check Documentation". I've searched the BB site, but can't find any documentation of this error at all. The data in my BB appears to be ok.

Anyone else experience this - or have any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I've had sync crash. Don't remember the exact error message, but problem in my case was an empty address book entry. This kind of thing seems to be the common cause when sync was working and then all of the sudden there is a problem.

Have you looked at the desktop manager log?

Also, the blackberryfaq may be of some help if you haven't checked there yet.

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/E...esktop_Manager

Last edited by aiharkness; 12-02-2007 at 07:32 AM..
Old 12-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
veejayr

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Resolution: Desktop Mgr 4.3 Error Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejayr View Post
On my 7130c, I'm using Desktop Mgr 4.3, with v.4.2196 OS.

After synch appears to finish, I get an Intellisync error that says "Error Code 0x8004fd2b. Check Documentation". I've searched the BB site, but can't find any documentation of this error at all. The data in my BB appears to be ok.

Anyone else experience this - or have any ideas?

Thanks.
The DM Log said:

Internal Error #-725
Translation Canceled.

Couldn't find any reference to this error message anywhere, but applied the following workaround, which I found elsewhere, for Error 728. This worked - at least for now - altho comparing logs from before and after, I can't see what the issue might have been. Steps are below.

Moderators - is this solution generic enough to be posted to the DM FAQ?

Complete the following to fix:

1. Make sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager is closed.
2. Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. If you can't find the Application Data folder, see note below.
3. Rename the Intellisync folder (e.g., Intellisync_old).
4. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
5. Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
6. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
7. Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
8. When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
9. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.
A new Intellisync folder is created.

Note:
If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:

1. While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
2. Click on the View tab.
3. Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
4. Click OK.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
donmc512

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Intellisync error

Yes I just received the same message after upgrading my Blackberry desktop software to 4.3. Message code was 0x8004fd2b. The sync process had not completed. Appeared to error in the calendar sync part.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
cdysthe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default I had the same problem

Hi,

I had the same problem. What I did was to uninstall. Then I ran a registry cleaner (RegCure). Before I reinstalled I disabled my virus/spyware program. Now it works fine and I do not have any errors related to Intellisync (or any other function for that matter).

//C
Old 12-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
Andrew Rowson-Brown

Model: 8200
Carrier: Orange
Smile Same problem - Renaming Intellisync folder works!

I had the same issue and followed the instructions provided to rename the Intellisync folder.

Worked a dream!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:32 AM   #7
Lacornista
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I kept getting the same error message after I updated, and this page was the only result returned when I Googled the error. Thank goodness it worked!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
sellis9

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I had basically the same problem but with error code 0x8004fd28 and veejayr's workaround worked perfectly. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

veejayr--thanks, I have included this fix in the FAQ site, and given you proper credit.

Errors syncing the BB with Desktop Manager - BlackBerryFAQ

Last edited by JSanders; 01-03-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 02-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
kulture

Carrier: verizon wireless

Quote:
The DM Log said:

Internal Error #-725
Translation Canceled.

Couldn't find any reference to this error message anywhere, but applied the following workaround, which I found elsewhere, for Error 728. This worked - at least for now - altho comparing logs from before and after, I can't see what the issue might have been. Steps are below.

2. Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. If you can't find the Application Data folder, see note below.
5. Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
6. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
7. Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
8. When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
9. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.

Note:
If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:

1. While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
3. Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
4. Click OK.
Thank you very much. Your answer was right on the money soon as I followed your instruction I got it right. Thank you again.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #11
kulture

Carrier: verizon wireless
Default error message 0x8004fd2b

Thank you very much. Your answer was right on the money. soon as I followed your instructions I got it right. Thank you again.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
wileycoyote71

Carrier: verizon

I have Blackberry Desktop Manger 4.3, and when I go into the Blackberry Folder, I can find no folder named "Intellisync." There is 1033, Documentation, Help, Images, IS71 Action Engine, IS71 Connectors, IS71 Desktop Setup and Template. No Intellisync. The closest I can find is a file named ilsync.dll or synchronize.dll, but I tried changing them with no luck. I am at a loss.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #13
jsmiler

Quote:
The DM Log said:

Internal Error #-725
Translation Canceled.

Note:

4. Click OK.
Thank you so much. Worked perfectly
Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #14
ohad_129
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: 237be374
Carrier: orange il
Thumbs up desktop tools

i download 4.3 desktop manager and when i try to run the media manager i get an error massage that talling me chack your "desktop tools" if the install properly please let me know what to do
Old 05-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #15
bidwilli

Model: 8310
Carrier: optus

Thanks veejayr - all sorted
Old 05-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
mheizer

Model: 8320
Default Same error

I'm getting the same error on my 8320. And the fix listed above solved the problem! Thanks.

Last edited by mheizer; 05-29-2008 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: Emendation
Old 06-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #17
antonmos

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
veejayr--thanks, I have included this fix in the FAQ site, and given you proper credit.

Errors syncing the BB with Desktop Manager - BlackBerryFAQ
FYI, the entry on the blackberryfaq.com contains wrong error number 0x8004fd2b instead of 0x8004fd28, and there for cannot be found directly on google.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
mgitomer

Model: 8700g
Default Same

Hi, I've got the same issue.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #19
zoeydanielle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Intellisync Error 0x800 4fd28

Recently received this error on my office computer. I followed veejayr's fix and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #20
reikiqueen1

Model: curve

I'm getting the same error message and when I try veejr"s fix, I get another error. When I am trying to configure my calendar for synchronizing, it won't finish the process and I get a "no available message stores" error. Any ideas?
Closed Thread