Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
gibsongraham

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t.mobile
Default it policies on 8310

Please Login to Remove!

Hi can anyone help am new to the forum so hello to everyone, i have just bought an 8310 which i can only assume was owned by a company before me,
cannot get on line at all, am with t.mobile and have discussed with them, they have updated the phone and put the neccesary certificates in place but still nothing, they think and i agree that it is the last company putting in an IT Policy, they advise that someone on site may be able to assist me in removing this, any ideas ??
thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Calebrity
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: Virgin mobile

How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

When a BlackBerry smartphone is removed from association with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry smartphone user or the system administrator might remove the IT policy that was associated with the BlackBerry smartphone.

To remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone, use one of the following methods:
Method 1

Before removing the account from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, create a blank IT policy on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and assign it to the BlackBerry smartphone user account. For more information on how to create a blank IT policy, see KB02022.
Method 2

Only if using BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP4, create a blank IT policy and then remove the IT policy from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults rule.

Warning: This procedure can delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data, see KB12487.

1. Create a blank IT policy on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults rule in the Security Policy Group area set to True. For more information on how to create a blank IT policy, see KB02022.
2. Assign the IT policy to the BlackBerry smartphone user account. For more information on how to assign an IT policy, see KB02022.
3. Click the BlackBerry smartphone user account in the BlackBerry Manager, then expand the IT Admin section in the Tasks area.
4. Select Erase Data and Disable Handheld.

Method 3

Remove the IT policy using the loader.exe application included with BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.7 to 6.0 on a Windows based computer.

Important: This method can only be used on BlackBerry smartphones that are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 to 6.0.

This is an alternate method for removing an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone and should be used only if the BlackBerry smartphone user cannot contact the system administrator.

Note: When using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 or earlier, the loader.exe application can be updated by going to www . blackberry . com / update and installing the software when prompted.

Warning: This procedure deletes all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data, see KB12487.

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
2. From the Start menu, click Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Note: When a computer running Windows Vistaxxx8482; or Windows 7 is used, the BlackBerry smartphone user might need to right-click the Command Prompt application and choose Run as administrator.
3. Find the Apploader folder by typing cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and then pressing ENTER.

Note: For computers using a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
4. Type loader.exe /resettofactory.
5. Type the BlackBerry smartphone password if prompted.

Method 4

Remove the IT policy from a Mac computer by using BlackBerry Desktop Software 1.0.

Important: This method can only be used on BlackBerry smartphones that are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 to 5.0.

Warning: This procedure deletes all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data, see KB18776.

1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, if it is open.
2. On the Mac computer, open Terminal.
3. Type cd /Applications/BlackBerry\ Desktop\ Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/ and press ENTER.
4. Type ./bbdm resettofactory

Note: If the BlackBerry smartphone has a password, type the following command:

./bbdm -password <yourpassword> resettofactory

Note: <yourpassword> should be replaced with the password for the BlackBerry smartphone.

CollapseEnvironment

* BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
* BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.7 to 6.0
* BlackBerry® Desktop Software 1.0
* BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 to 6.0
* BlackBerry smartphones
* Windows®
* Mac OS

CollapseAdditional Information

Although a blank IT policy is ideal, in most cases some minor changes also are reset when the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults option is used.

With the release of BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP4 and BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2, the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults IT policy rule allows administrators to remove the IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone and restore all factory default settings.

When a system administrator applies the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults IT policy rule and then applies the Erase Data and Disable Handheld command to a BlackBerry smartphone user account, the following changes occur on the BlackBerry smartphone:

* All data is erased
* All third-party applications are removed
* The IT policy is removed
* Factory default settings are implemented
Old 10-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerryFAQ has lots of great information for new (and experienced) BlackBerry users, including this page - Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

And be sure that you have a BlackBerry Data Plan from your carrier.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
gibsongraham

Model: 8310
Carrier: t.mobile

Hi sorry to be a pain about this but i am a bit concerned, i did buy the phone second hand and it is likely that the it policy was put on by the previous owner so i either accept it and it,s faults or reset the phone i assume, if i reset to factory defaults will it cause me any problems with passwords etc, as clearly i do not have the original box or software that came with the phone, if it is a simple matter of backing up the phone on my desktop manager and then re-setting to factory defaults i shall do it today.
Thanks for your help
Old 10-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

If the phone was released by the original company I would highly suggest you follow NJBlackBerry's advice.....first.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
Calebrity
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: Virgin mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsongraham View Post
Hi sorry to be a pain about this but i am a bit concerned, i did buy the phone second hand and it is likely that the it policy was put on by the previous owner so i either accept it and it,s faults or reset the phone i assume, if i reset to factory defaults will it cause me any problems with passwords etc, as clearly i do not have the original box or software that came with the phone, if it is a simple matter of backing up the phone on my desktop manager and then re-setting to factory defaults i shall do it today.
Thanks for your help
Follow step 3 from my previous post it will reset your device back to factory defaults

Method 3

Remove the IT policy using the loader.exe application included with BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.7 to 6.0 on a Windows based computer.

Important: This method can only be used on BlackBerry smartphones that are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 to 6.0.

This is an alternate method for removing an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone and should be used only if the BlackBerry smartphone user cannot contact the system administrator.

Note: When using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 or earlier, the loader.exe application can be updated by going to www . blackberry . com / update and installing the software when prompted.

Warning: This procedure deletes all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data, see KB12487.

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
2. From the Start menu, click Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Note: When a computer running Windows Vista™ or Windows 7 is used, the BlackBerry smartphone user might need to right-click the Command Prompt application and choose Run as administrator.
3. Find the Apploader folder by typing cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and then pressing ENTER.

Note: For computers using a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
4. Type loader.exe /resettofactory.
5. Type the BlackBerry smartphone password if prompted.

Before you complete this i would do a back up first with DTM
Old 10-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Hmmmm
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #9
Telechoy

Model: 9000
Carrier: technician

hi i have blackberry 8900 how to disable password?i try to wipe but it ask enter new password,and i dont want to put passwor.,any body help to disable my password,pleas give me step by step guid.thanks..
Closed Thread