Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
chinatti
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Yahoo / BIS 2.0 delivery lag - last few days

Please Login to Remove!

I've been noticing delivery lag with my Yahoo email account over the last few days. It appears that email is sometimes taking hours to make it from Yahoo to the BB. But sometimes it pushes over without delay. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I'm using BIS 2.0 with a 7130e on Verizon. My BES is working just fine.

Before the last few days, it seemed like Yahoo mail always showed up almost immediately, so this seems to be a relatively new phenomenon for me.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
worktrader
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Also having the same issue. The BES goes to the PIN so it's instant but my BIS is dogging as well. 10-15 mins delay. VZW has no explanation for the moment.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
emccaff

Model: 8700g
PIN: 23D66F7C
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've noticed to lag as well. It's from a day to a few hours. I have T-Mobile 800g.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
chinatti
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Odd. I seem to see periods of no messages, and then a whole bunch get delivered at the same time. Luckily the BES is my important (work) email, the BIS is my personal account.

I'd be pretty ticked off if I was paying big bucks for VZW blackberry service only to get hours of delay!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:04 PM   #5
worktrader

It's 9pm EST and mine is back to normal. BIS is instantly sending and receiving again. Hope it's not a traffic issue during peak periods...
Old 08-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
oodude69

Model: 7130e

Reviving this thread. I have Verizon and for the last few weeks there has been a long lag. I haven't gotten any email since this morning, but when I log on to my email account there are plenty of new messages there.

Sometimes messages arrive fine. But most of the time there is a long delay before I get messages sent to the BB.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodude69
Reviving this thread. I have Verizon and for the last few weeks there has been a long lag. I haven't gotten any email since this morning, but when I log on to my email account there are plenty of new messages there.

Sometimes messages arrive fine. But most of the time there is a long delay before I get messages sent to the BB.
I notice that yesterday on the Yahoo account. I deleted and re-created it and its back to instant. Its probably a temporary fix.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
arjunrc

Model: 8800c
Carrier: cingular

Incidentally, I've been seeing this same behaviour on my corporate emails for days. My company uses domino/notes and has set up an IMAP gateway (secure) so BB can sync with it, but I often get my BB notifications one day late, out of order. Everything I read says the poll time is 15mins or less, but I erratically get several emails a day (or more!) later while some others come immediately. I checked emails directly via the IMAP gateway, using thunderbird, and they are delivered immediately, as soon as emails hit the Domino server, so I know its not a Domino/IMAP gateway server issue.

Oh well.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #9
chinatti
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
I notice that yesterday on the Yahoo account. I deleted and re-created it and its back to instant. Its probably a temporary fix.
Well, a few days ago I deleted/recreated, and then I was getting instant delivery. But then this morning I'm back to the lag. This is pretty aggravating ... Has anyone figured out what's going on here, and more importantly if/when it's going to be fixed? Frankly I'd rather have predictable ~15 minute delivery times (i.e. the old IMAP/POP3 style) than potentially multi-hour delivery.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:37 AM   #10
wingrider78
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Hey all, I have been seeing the same issues with my Yahoo acct for about the past month. I am on tmo 8700g. Tmo didn't have any answers for me, yahoo said it wasn't their problem, and I have been working with RIM tech support for the past two weeks. I have deleted and recreated my yahoo account at least 10-15 times already and it only works for several hours after that. I have seen delays as long as 36 hrs. RIM has sent me test messages everyday, several times a day, they see no lag in their emails or their PIMs. I just had another 5 hour delay and they told me they want to watch it for another 5 days or so....I am getting really tired of it and will be switching to a gmail acct. Sorry I don't any answers from RIM for you guys.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:48 AM   #11
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingrider78
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Hey all, I have been seeing the same issues with my Yahoo acct for about the past month. I am on tmo 8700g. Tmo didn't have any answers for me, yahoo said it wasn't their problem, and I have been working with RIM tech support for the past two weeks. I have deleted and recreated my yahoo account at least 10-15 times already and it only works for several hours after that. I have seen delays as long as 36 hrs. RIM has sent me test messages everyday, several times a day, they see no lag in their emails or their PIMs. I just had another 5 hour delay and they told me they want to watch it for another 5 days or so....I am getting really tired of it and will be switching to a gmail acct. Sorry I don't any answers from RIM for you guys.
RIM is very good at getting these types of things fixed. They stick with it until its resolved. It took them 5 weeks to resolve my delay issues for my blackberry.net address.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:17 AM   #12
chinatti
Thumbs Must Hurt

My lag has been good ... and bad recently - it comes and goes. Seems to be a Yahoo-side problem based on that being the common element to everyone who's complaining (i.e. different carriers). My experience with Yahoo is that it's almost impossible to get any sort of human to help you with a problem (even if you're a paying customer!), so probably the best option is to go through RIM as the previous post suggests. If they can identify the problem, they probably have good technical contacts at Yahoo that they can work through....
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 PM   #13
wingrider78
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320

I was on the phone with RIM today for roughly 5-6 hours....the end result was that I apparently had a corrupted message database. Their fix for it was to erase all the mail from my BB, from all accounts since they can't just delete the yahoo email (it's all stored in the same database). Then wipe the BB and restore everything minus the messages. I did what they suggested, it worked well for roughly 3-4 hours, and then I started getting delays again. I again spent 2 hours on the phone with them tonight, and they don't have any answers for me. I was told they are going to pull all my push data history and review it and they will get back with me. I'm not sure if this is something they will be able to fix.

Does anyone else use other accounts similar to yahoo with success, like gmail??? Any other services have to be better than this.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:17 AM   #14
chinatti
Thumbs Must Hurt

I also have a gmail account set up, and I don't really get many messages there (though that may change soon!), but I haven't noticed any lag issues with that account...
Old 09-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #15
Buzzerd

Model: 8700

I've had the same lag issue for about 4 months now. I've been working with my service provider (Rogers) and Blackberry almost everyday to try to fix the issue. Blackberry's last suggestion was to clean out all emails older than 30 days, as well as archive emails with large attachments from my yahoo acct. I haven't noticed any lag for the last 4-5 days.

Seems like too simple of a solution, but....so far, so good. Hope that helps.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #16
Buzzerd

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerd
I've had the same lag issue for about 4 months now. I've been working with my service provider (Rogers) and Blackberry almost everyday to try to fix the issue. Blackberry's last suggestion was to clean out all emails older than 30 days, as well as archive emails with large attachments from my yahoo acct. I haven't noticed any lag for the last 4-5 days.

Seems like too simple of a solution, but....so far, so good. Hope that helps.

I take that back....I'm still having delays. Back to the drawing board
Old 09-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #17
worktrader

Angry Still having intermittent issues with Yahoo and BIS

I'm still having intermittent issues with Yahoo on BIS 2.0 (Verizon). I just set up a gmail account to give it a try and it's instant for now. Nuked my Yahoo! account and set it up again but to no avail. Agree that it must be a Yahoo! thing.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #18
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I am having the same problem. Yahoo mail is delayed for days. Everything else is fine.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #19
shackk

Model: 9700

Well I certainally thought it was just me but yes I am having the same issue. I am using Tmobile BIS on my E61.

What I have noticed is that upon receiving one new email it is not delivered right away and takes anywhere from 15 mins to 1 hour for delivery. Now if a second or third email is delivered then I seem to receive notification faster, about 2-5 minutes on average but it is still delayed.

Resending service books doesnt help the issue either and as for clearing out the inbox solution, my inbox is empty so I do not belive it is that either.

Unfortunately it is very fustrating, but it seems like yahoo is the only option that is free to use that at least reconciles with the devices. If there is anything else I would sure like to know.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #20
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackk
Well I certainally thought it was just me but yes I am having the same issue. I am using Tmobile BIS on my E61.

What I have noticed is that upon receiving one new email it is not delivered right away and takes anywhere from 15 mins to 1 hour for delivery. Now if a second or third email is delivered then I seem to receive notification faster, about 2-5 minutes on average but it is still delayed.

Resending service books doesnt help the issue either and as for clearing out the inbox solution, my inbox is empty so I do not belive it is that either.

Unfortunately it is very fustrating, but it seems like yahoo is the only option that is free to use that at least reconciles with the devices. If there is anything else I would sure like to know.
Try Gmail. It works!
Closed Thread