BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
lrchan

Default unable to reply to redirected message

Please Login to Remove!

Hopefully one of the network gurus can help me.
I have my corporate email come to my 7230 via redirector on my workstation there. The mails come to me fine. However, I am unable to reply through my bb. When I reply, initially the message appears to be transmitted fine, but shortly, it returns with a Message Status of "Transaction error-decryption error." Is this some corporate server setting security that is causing this?

Thanks.

Larry
Old 01-07-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
Jestre
Knows Where the Search Button Is

This seems to be popping up frequently with the new OS or BB's. I never had it on my 6510 or 7510, but less than a week after moving to a 7520 (on Nextel), I had the same error. Here is my post from another forum as to how I resolved the issue:

Quote:
I had this exact same problem pop up on my NXTL 7520 sometime last weekend. I have Lookout tied to Exchange, and everything was working until then, when suddenly the decryption errors started.

After reading through some old posts, I tried re-generating keys, etc, all to no avail.

Finally, at the recommendation of RIM, I deleted all my Service Books with the exception of the BWC one: WebClient(CMIME). I power cycled my BB, and connected it to the desktop... Within minutes, a slew of new Service Books were sent to my BB, including (I believe) several which I didn't have before.

Regardless, everything has been working marvelously since.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
lrchan

Default redirector problem

I tried regenerating the keys and then your solution, but it seems to still be present problem. When you deleted everything and reconnected to the desktop, did the old desktop book come back?

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
jyee

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

I get the same error message using the desktop redirector. I can receive messages but I cannot reply or send messages. I get "transaction error - decryption error"

I've tried regenerating the key, delete all service books, and even wiping out the entire BB but it still doesn't work.

Maybe I should re-install the desktop software?

Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #5
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

I had an issue today with a phone that wouldn't talk to our BES so I talked to Nextel's Blackberry Tier 2 support and it turned out that when the phone was ordered, a feature designed for another model of Nextel Phone was enabled that was causing the blackberry not to see anything.

I think I saw a decryption error before and it was because a new key needed to be generated but in your case it may not be.

Try going to c:\Documents and settings\yourusername\Application Data and renaming the Research in Motion folder.

(I usually call it something like Research in Lotion, or Crackberry in Motion) and restart your desktop manager and resetup the phone's profile.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #6
lrchan

I uninstalled Desktop 4.0 and installed 3.6.2.9 and I dont see the errors any more.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #7
jyee

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

I've tried just about everything on my 7290:

- regenerate keys
- wipe blackberry
- reload handheld software (3.8.0.139)
- reload 4.0 desktop
- reload 3.6 desktop

I still get "transaction error - decryption error" on my BB when I send email using desktop redirector for Outlook. I can receive email, but I cannot send.

Using BWC, I dont have this problem.

Can anyone help out here?

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #8
chuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

I work for Nextel and have been playing with the desktop redirector recently, and have had that problem as well. The problem with mine, is that I have a POP email account, and I can receive my emails, but cannot send. It seems that the redirector won't connect to an SMTP outgoing server.

Basically what I'm saying is that it sounds like you're trying to do POP mail through a system set up for Enterprise mail.

I have learned that you are supposed to have an Exchange server to use redirector, and am attempting, feebly, to find a way around that. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #9
w1tmd

I just posted a similar problem under RIMSOFTWARE thread. No, I don't think it is the SMTP issue.....I see the "rim catch" message come in and the reject "catch" message go out.....I think we are dealing with an encryption issue in the redirect software...possibly out of sync?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:47 PM   #10
Yeehaw

Model: 7100T

I've been receiving the "Transaction error-decryption error." for about a week while trying to send e-mail. RIM just poseted their Service Pack 1 for Desktop 4.0, I've downloaded it and installed it and it fixed my problem, it seems there was an error in their Desktop software for syncing the encryption keys.

http://www.blackberry.com/support/downloads/
Old 05-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #11
lponz7

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the same problem every time a new encryption key is generated. Have to use DBClean to fix each time. Any idea whether it's ok to install this service pack (4.0.1) on a phone purchased from T-Mobile and install it over 4.0.0.30 downloaded from T-Mobile, rather than RIM's, site?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #12
scarrin

Model: 7230
Carrier: TMobile

I actually just got this exact same problem fixed by a blackberry technician the other day...

He basically had me remove Desktop 4.0 and install Desktop 3.6 with the most recent service pack available. He told me that basically 4.0 is more directed toward BES users than Re-Direct users. Version 4.0 has a lot of extras in it that make the encrpytions go haywire for re-direct users.

After you complete your downgrade to version 3.6, go into your redirector settings and click the manually generate key option under security settings. He instructed me to manually generate the key, then hit apply. Repeat those steps 3 times (generating the key and then hitting apply).

That should take care of your problem.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #13
Solerjr21

Model: 7520

I have a Nextel Blackberry 7520, and I was recieving the transaction error-decryption error. I am using Blackberry Desktop Manager version 4.0.1.10 and I upgraded my handheld software as well. I used DBclean and it fixed my issue with having the redirector work as well as being able to access pop3 email. I also set the key to generate manually that way it wont ever ruin it. I hope!!! Thank goodness to the inventor of dbclean. It did the job, without me having to downgrade to version 3.6. Nextel data support said it wasn't possible to have both!!! Thanks to Blackberry forums we showed them!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #14
bberrytest

Model: 7290
Default Unable to send mail via Redirector

When you get these decryption errors when sending mail, simply clear the entire service book database within BB Desktop Manager via backup/restore > advanced ... then generate a new key! Also, make sure your running Desktop version 4.1.1 You will get the proper desktop service books back, but you'll need to do a "register now" via "host routing table" under the device options in order to get your browsers back quickly!

Last edited by bberrytest; 12-03-2005 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: add content
Old 12-03-2005, 12:20 AM   #15
bberrytest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyee
I've tried just about everything on my 7290:

- regenerate keys
- wipe blackberry
- reload handheld software (3.8.0.139)
- reload 4.0 desktop
- reload 3.6 desktop

I still get "transaction error - decryption error" on my BB when I send email using desktop redirector for Outlook. I can receive email, but I cannot send.

Using BWC, I dont have this problem.

Can anyone help out here?

Thanks.
When you go through all of these OS reloads are you choosing the option to "backup and restore" during the loading process? If you are your going to have the same issues over and over.

When you get these decryption errors when sending mail, simply clear the entire service book database within BB Desktop Manager via backup/restore > advanced. Also, make sure your running Desktop version 4.1.1

This always works when I get a call re: this issue!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:28 AM   #16
bberrytest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberrytest
When you get these decryption errors when sending mail, simply clear the entire service book database within BB Desktop Manager via backup/restore > advanced ... then generate a new key! Also, make sure your running Desktop version 4.1.1 You will get the proper desktop service books back, but you'll need to do a "register now" via "host routing table" under the device options in order to get your browsers back quickly!
Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 AM   #17
bberrytest

hhfghfghgfhgfhf
Old 12-03-2005, 01:04 AM   #18
bberrytest

Old 06-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #19
isaacsn

Model: 7230
Default 7230 trasaction error

We have had a run on this one lately and the fun part is, every one of them was a different fix. Here are the fixes listed below.

1. manually generated a key 3 times.
2. Put the sim card in a 7100 and generated key 3 times, then put it back in the 7230.
3. deleted and re-added the user in the BES server.
4. Deleted the address books. (do a back up first. In fact do one before any fix)

Upgrading to 4.0 did not help any of them.

I am hoping 1 of the 4 will fix my future issues with this problem. Hope this helps at least one person from sitting on the phone with RIM tech support for over 7 straight hours.
Closed Thread