Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:18 AM   #1
hoggin222

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Talking 9530 free apps and tools u might like

Please Login to Remove!

ok, we all love our storm but most people who own one dont know anything about it or cool features u can get. im going to let u know what i have and where to get them. NEVER BUY AN APP cause a week later u will find the same thing for free, trust me. All the apps i will tell u about work on 5.0 and by the way if u have not upgraded to 5.0 u really need to. if u are a music fan and always listen to music u need to get "Pandora". u can listen to all the music u want for free and if u have bluetooth in your car u can play it over the stereo. Great app to have! if u are runnin 5.0 u may have noticed that themes are not properly displayd. when in landscape mode it creates tracers or shadows. i use "screen rotation wizzard" for this problem and lock my home screen in portrait mode. the app is great and u can set it for any app or screen on your phone. i use it for movies as well. say your battery is low but u got to see a video before it dies.... well i can watch the video and flip my phone to portrait mode and the video flips to. show that to your friend with a storm and see if he doesnt try to make his videos flip. by doin this u will save battery life cause the video shows up smaller. alot of people ask me how i get movies on my bb with such good quality. if u dnt know how u need to get "super c". free program that lets u convert and do whatever u want with video files and u can adjust the quality with ease... so yes my vids are better quality than the vin desiel trailer the phone comes with.
"Buzz me" the free version allows u to set your led to any color or make it do a disco mode when u get a call. if u do buy the full version u can set it for mms,sms,email or whatever u want. Also i dnt know if u notice but a blackberry cannot ring and vibrate at the same time. this app changes that and u can set it to vibrate for a certain lenth. this way instead of your phone being in your pocket and vibrating like once and hopn u hear the tone, it will keep vibrating the whole time it rings and it will vibrate and make a tone if u dnt notice it to make sure u check your call log. also your led will flash a color if u like while remindin u. and u can also assighn that color as well. sorry for my grammer but im on the fly so stik with me. Caller id spoofing can be a blast and i pull prankes all the time with them. "spoof app" does cost but its worth it. u can get a free one calld "bluff my call" and u can use it 2 minutes at a time...great fun! if u dont know what they are u need to. these apps allow u to change your phone number to any number.u can call your friend from his house number and be like "im in your house and im takin everything" and u can also change your voice. i call people from random numbers and make my voice sound like the guys from saw..."lets play a game" i love it! "process viewer" is like a task manager, u can see what apps are running and while its open u can boost your memory. also if u didnt hide your event logs on your phone u need to cause they kill memory. "flip silent" is a cool app that when enabled if u get a call or message u can flip your phone face down and it will go silent. "i charge cool" is a nice app that u use when charging your battery. it shows u how much juice is in the battery and is annimated a bit. when low its like orange and red. when almost fully charged it will get closer to green. when charged complete it will have a smiley face. this app is nice cause now u dont have to wonder how much juice u have or even have to get up cause u can read the screen from across the room. cool app to have. well sorry for the grammer as i said before but i hope u like the apps. feel free to add your favorites as well cause like 85% of bb owners dnt know where to start. u can find all the apps i listed on your app world and for alot of others go to bbseeker...... for ringtones and such i always use mobile41.and the link has changed but u will find it. google it. one other app some of u might like is "zipplorer" i think thats right. it allows me to open zip files so now i can download apps in zip format if there is no ota link. saves alot of time instead of opening your desktop manager. also u have to go into browser config and change it from bb tp firefox and u will be able to download zips. thanks for listening. BB for life
Old 10-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
hoggin222

Carrier: verizon

i always forget things so u also need to get "capture it" which allows u to take screen shots. many say they have no use for it but u will one day. i use it when on the web doin research or somethin else. say your lookin uo how to do something and u dnt have time at the moment to read a whole web page...take a screen shot and u can view the page anytime from your pics....so simple and helpfull
Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
Strawberry7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9520
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for your info, my new Blackberry Storm 2 is arriving today and I can't wait...
I am going to download all the free apps just for the sake of it.....!! Yippeeee!! =o)
Old 10-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Least readible thread of the day award winner!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
fowlstack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
LOL I don't agree... I raised 8 teenagers!! Thanks hoggin, agree with what you say about capture it..use it all the time. Going to have to look into the flipit app.....thanks again.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
jbairdjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550

I had to have my 13 year old translate
Old 10-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #7
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Yup. I can't get past the presentation to understand the content.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
SaMi SaA

Model: 9000
Carrier: mobil

Thanks for your info, my new Blackberry Storm 2 is arriving today and I can't wait...
I am going to download all the free apps just for the sake
Old 10-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

I ran it through my 17 year old translator and even she said it was unreadable.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
haephaestus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: head, Zippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggin222 View Post
"Buzz me" the free version allows u to set your led to any color or make it do a disco mode when u get a call. if u do buy the full version u can set it for mms,sms,email or whatever u want. Also i dnt know if u notice but a blackberry cannot ring and vibrate at the same time. this app changes that and u can set it to vibrate for a certain lenth.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a setting in the OS 5.0 profiles panels that allows you to set the profile to 'vibrate with ring tone?' If so, how is Buzz Me's implementation different from the native? Does it give you finer grain control over the vibration intervals?

Cheers!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 312D2644
Unhappy Thank you ...but

I think there is probably some great info in this 1st post & props to hoggin for trying to get the info out to all ...but for those of us over 40 ...well the words are all running together. I don't mind the abbreviations ...with 3 teenage sons I got all of that. It would be great to have a re-post where all of the apps are bulleted out.

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #12
BMVEE

Carrier: Telus

EDITORxxx8217;S NOTE: To Hoggin222xxx8230; I took the liberty of making a quick and dirty transcription of your post. It was quite difficult to read, but the information contained within it will benefit others, so I thought Ixxx8217;d pay tribute to your thoughtfulness and make a few grammatical edits ;) To Rouen1969xxx8230; I completely relate to your xxx8220;over 40xxx8221; commentxxx8230; it was the reason I made the updatexxx8230; that and I like your avatar! Ok... here we go....

Ok, we all love our storm but most people who own one donxxx8217;t know anything about it or cool features you can get. Ixxx8217;m going to let you know what I have and where to get them.

NEVER BUY AN APP because a week later you will find the same thing for free, trust me. All the apps I will tell you about work on 5.0 and by the way if you have not upgraded to 5.0 you really need to. If you are a music fan and always listen to music you need to get "Pandora". You can listen to all the music you want for free and if you have Bluetooth in your car you can play it over the stereo. Great app to have!

If you are running 5.0 you may have noticed that themes are not properly displayed. When in landscape mode it creates tracers or shadows. I use "screen rotation wizard" for this problem and lock my home screen in portrait mode. The app is great and you can set it for any app or screen on your phone. I use it for movies as well. Say your battery is low but youxxx8217;ve got to see a video before it dies.... well I can watch the video and flip my phone to portrait mode and the video flips too. Show that to your friend with a storm and see if he doesnxxx8217;t try to make his videos flip. By doing this you will save battery life because the video shows up smaller.

A lot of people ask me how I get movies on my bb with such good quality. If u donxxx8217;t know how you need to get "Super C". Free program that lets you convert and do whatever you want with video files and you can adjust the quality with ease... so yes my videos are better quality than the Vin Diesel trailer the phone comes with.

"Buzz me" the free version allows you to set your led to any color or make it do a disco mode when you get a call. If you do buy the full version you can set it for mms, sms, email or whatever you want. Also, I donxxx8217;t know if you notice but a blackberry cannot ring and vibrate at the same time. This app changes that and you can set it to vibrate for a certain length. This way instead of your phone being in your pocket and vibrating like once and hoping you hear the tone, it will keep vibrating the whole time it rings and it will vibrate and make a tone if you donxxx8217;t notice it to make sure you check your call log. Also your led will flash a color if you like while reminding you. You can also assign that color as well.

Sorry for my grammar but Ixxx8217;m on the fly so stick with me. (Editorxxx8217;s Note: LOL!)

Caller id spoofing can be a blast and I pull pranks all the time with them. "Spoof app" does cost but itxxx8217;s worth it. You can get a free one called "bluff my call" and you can use it 2 minutes at a time...great fun! If you donxxx8217;t know what they are you need to. These apps allow you to change your phone number to any number. You can call your friend from his house number and be like "Ixxx8217;m in your house and Ixxx8217;m taking everything" and you can also change your voice. I call people from random numbers and make my voice sound like the guys from saw..."letxxx8217;s play a game" I love it!

"Process viewer" is like a task manager, you can see what apps are running and while itxxx8217;s open you can boost your memory. Also if you didnxxx8217;t hide your event logs on your phone you need to because they kill memory.

"Flip silent" is a cool app that when enabled if you get a call or message you can flip your phone face down and it will go silent.

"I charge cool" is a nice app that you use when charging your battery. It shows you how much juice is in the battery and is animated a bit. When low itxxx8217;s like orange and red or when almost fully charged it will get closer to green. When charged completely, it will have a smiley face. This app is nice because now you donxxx8217;t have to wonder how much juice you have or even have to get up because you can read the screen from across the room. A cool app to have!

Well sorry for the grammar as i said before but i hope you like the apps. (againxxx8230;. LOL!)

Feel free to add your favourites as well because like 85% of bb owners donxxx8217;t know where to start. You can find all the apps I listed on your app world and for a lot of others go to xxx8220;BBSeekerxxx8221;......

For ringtones and such, I always use mobile41. The link has changed but you will find it if you Google it.

One other app some of you might like is "zipplorer" I think that is right. It allows me to open zip files so now I can download apps in zip format if there is no OTA link. It saves a lot of time instead of opening your desktop manager. Also, you have to go into browser config and change it from bb tp firefox and you will be able to download zips.

Thanks for Reading. BB for life

(editorxxx8217;s note: Hoggin222xxx8230; thank you for taking the time to put this together for the rest of usxxx8230; youxxx8217;re very thoughtful and consideratexxx8230; I hope you donxxx8217;t mind my poking fun at your statements about grammarxxx8230; theyxxx8217;re meant in a good wayxxx8230; Ixxx8217;m sure your parents would be proud of you for giving to othersxxx8230; if youxxx8217;re in university howeverxxx8230; nvm)

Last edited by BMVEE; 11-01-2009 at 11:08 AM..
Old 11-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
Spiraling Goddess

Question Help with install of Storm Rotation Wizard

Aloha all,

I am a noob to BB. Just got my storm 2 days ago. I've got most apps downloaded and working.

Downloaded two that I cannot seem to either find or get to work.

First one: the storm rotation wizard. Cannot find the app on my phone. I've now loaded it to my PC and used the app upload software from the BB desk mgr. HELP.

Second one: I installed storm slide. Cannot find it either.

Others that I have installed and appear to be working - some do seem glitchy:
free tips (restruant tips - way cool), BlackBerry Process Viewer (not exactly sure how to best utilize this baby), I Charge Cool (is, well, cool),
iBerry Storm (Slide to Unlock) (again, cannot seem to find it or perhaps activate it), m[i]Berry Storm (this made my icons look more like the iPhone yet seems to have made the system glitchy. Screen gets "stuck".

HELP! Can any of you experienced users assist me? I am tech savvy, but these few things are just beyond my ability level (at present).

Mahalo nui loa (many thanks) in advance!

Laura aka Spiraling Goddess
Old 11-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 312D2644
Talking When I Have Time!

BMVEE ...my avatar? LOL ...anyway, I will try to post some good apps as soon as I can sit long enough to put some details in to. With 3 teenage boys and a 6 year old daughter, time is not always a luxury I have!

The I charge thing sounds cool ...will def check into that one!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #15
Flyeboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 2OD3F5CE
Carrier: Vodacom

very nice... very nice indeed. thx alot.
Closed Thread