Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
defragged

Model: NY
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Outlook 2003/2007, Vista & BB8830

Please Login to Remove!

I think I have a mess ... just got my 8830 yesterday. Like it but want to use it to sync with Outlook for calendar, contacts, tasks and notes. (I don't use Outlook for email, btw.) Problem is I have Outlook 2003/Windows XP on my desktop and Outook 2007/Vista on my fairly new Dell laptop E1405 (not much else on it!). I can't get Outlook 2003 or 2007 to run on Vista ... tried both ... extremely high CPU usage. So what do I do? I don't want to leave my desktop on to use that method of syncing. Is there a way to purchase appropriate hosting somehow to upload my exported Outlook 2003 files to a server and sync it from there to my BB 8830? Sorry ... I know this is a complete newbie question. And while I'm asking ... OT... any idea why Outlook 2003 nor 2007 will run on my E1405 Inspiron Dell laptop? I have nothing else on it.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Go to the run line. Start - Programs - accessories - system tools, or just hold down the windows key and press the letter "r".

Then at the run line type "outlook /safe" if that don't work you may have to navigate to the actually outlook.exe file.

This will load Outlook in safe mode with any add-ins and what not, see how that works.

Outlook can be a tricky program let me know how you make out.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
RobM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 240721B8
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Seems odd...hope the above stuff works but I actually just a Dell XPS laptop with vista ultimate and have another laptop running xp pro and have outlook 2007 running on both without issue and the bb synced to both...something else must be going on
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
defragged

Model: NY
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Go to the run line. Start - Programs - accessories - system tools, or just hold down the windows key and press the letter "r".

Then at the run line type "outlook /safe" if that don't work you may have to navigate to the actually outlook.exe file.

This will load Outlook in safe mode with any add-ins and what not, see how that works.

Outlook can be a tricky program let me know how you make out.
Outlook 2007 on my Dell laptop works great in safe mode! Outlook was a new install and when it was installed I imported a few test contacts and calendar entries so that's all there is as far as thins I added. Thanks for your help ... Where do I find any add-ins?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

In Outlook '07 you can find the add-ins under "Options - Trust Center - Add-ins" it should on the left hand side second or third choice.

Since it is a new install you may want to do a "Detect and Repair" sometimes that helps.

Also when you installed it did you customize the install or no? When it comes to Office I recommend you customize the install and install every feature (assuming disk space is not an issue) mainly because Office is expensive (depending what version you have, I've got Professional) and you definitely want to get your money's worth. Plus it can reduce a few headaches when try to use a feature and get prompted to insert the CD.

No problem man, that's what forums are for. Plus I've been doing desktop/IT support for quite a few years now so I'm just sharing some knowledge.
Closed Thread