mmcgrath1972

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Getting RIM in the UK to 'flag' my domain as google apps

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckworth View Post
If I delete an email from the device, and specify "On Mailbox and Handheld", it will be deleted from the web mail interface.
Hi -- I have a personal (mmcgrath -at - gmail.com) address which works perfectly as you describe. When I delete a msg I can choose "On mailbox and handheld".

My work email is on a domain using google apps but it does not work as neatly as my personal address. I currently just auto-fwd all mails from work to my blackberry email address so that they come through instantly. I read previous messages about getting US-based carriers to talk to RIM about getting their domains "flagged" as gmail domains. Anyone got any idea how to get this done in the UK? My provider/carrier is Orange.

Regards
Michael. skype: michaelmcgrath
Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #82
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I found reading this thread very helpful since I'm a longtime Google Apps user. However, mine did not work well with BIS. It couldn't detect the settings automatically, and after I entered everything manually it was only getting the mail every 15-30 minutes. I'm using the auto-forward solution for now too until they get this fixed.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #83
onyx00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

For those being told "that third-party apps are not supported" I would simply reference the following Blackberry Document:

BlackBerry Search Results

If your provider runs BIS 2.x, they should fully support integration of real-time delivery for Yahoo and GMail. Of course, there may be problems, but my point being is that it is supported. No real reason to wait things out...
Old 01-03-2008, 05:16 AM   #84
dataactive

Model: 8800
Carrier: o2

Dear all,

So I take it that you need the MX records to be at google for this to work?

I am having the same issues BUT I took advantage of the postini service and so we now have our mx records pointing to Postini.

Therefore our routing goes to Postini first, then onto google. Same on the way out from google, through Postini.

Can somebody please confirm whether this would be the reason that I'm not getting true push on my hosted account?

Thanks, Karl
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 AM   #85
duckworth
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Att

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataactive View Post
Dear all,

So I take it that you need the MX records to be at google for this to work?

I am having the same issues BUT I took advantage of the postini service and so we now have our mx records pointing to Postini.

Therefore our routing goes to Postini first, then onto google. Same on the way out from google, through Postini.

Can somebody please confirm whether this would be the reason that I'm not getting true push on my hosted account?

Thanks, Karl
I don't know if anyone but RIM/Google can confirm it for sure, but I was going to take advantage of the Postini service but decided against it because I was afraid of losing my push. What you are seeing is what I expected would happen.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #86
dataactive

The thing is, I never tested it before the move to Postini so it could possibly be the "notifier" bit at RIM that I need to get sorted.

I suppose it's best to ask if anyone is using the postini service with push email working?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #87
bsingle

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by astorg View Post
There is a way around this issue which works for me and is almost as good as receiving Gmail hosted email on one’s Blackberry...
Does Gmail push email? What about these suggestions?
Old 01-05-2008, 05:23 AM   #88
dataactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckworth View Post
I don't know if anyone but RIM/Google can confirm it for sure, but I was going to take advantage of the Postini service but decided against it because I was afraid of losing my push. What you are seeing is what I expected would happen.

Just thought I'd let people know that I change my MX records back to google from Postini as a test to see if my domain would auto add without the prompting for pop settings.

It worked. Therefore proof that when using Postini you will not get push email through your google apps domain.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #89
cgfj

Model: 8330
Carrier: alltel

The RIM tech I spoke with thought that if you added Postini MX records and left the Google MX records it would still work. You would just need to set the Postini MX records first in priority. I haven't tried it but it may be worth a shot.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #90
BigPete74

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

Any new changes to this? My Google Apps hosted domains are not automatically recognized in BIS like my gmail account. My only options are POP or IMAP and it sucks.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #91
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPete74 View Post
Any new changes to this? My Google Apps hosted domains are not automatically recognized in BIS like my gmail account. My only options are POP or IMAP and it sucks.

Looks like the problem is solved.

I have setup my Google HOSTED domain email through BIS and it was configured automatically like GMAIL is. Additionally, there is FULL reconciliation.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!

One happy Crackberry user here..
Closed Thread