BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
ElbowGuts
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Default I need help and don't know where to go!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
Great site!! Please bear with me as i don't know if i am posting in the correct area. I just bought a used BB 7510 and have never used one before, anyway, i need some tech help. I have NEXTEL service and have removed my SIM card from my i560 and put it in the BB it seemed to work for a while and after i shut it off for an hour or so, i turned it on and now i keep getting a loud BEEP from the speaker every 30-40 seconds (similar to a PPT and the recipent has the phone off) i cannot turn on the "Radio" and it is not recongnizing my phone number.... I am really confused and pretty dumb when it comes to tech type stuff.... i hope i am not bothering anyone... please feel free to e-mail me. Thanks folks i am really bummbed out.... BTW i have no software or transfer cable YET... HELP!!!

Last edited by ElbowGuts; 11-17-2006 at 05:38 AM..
Old 11-16-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElbowGuts
Hi all,
Great site!! Please bear with me as i don't know if i am posting in the correct area. I just bought a used BB 7510 and have never used one before, anyway, i need some tech help. I have NEXTEL service and have removed my SIM card from my i560 and put it in the BB it seemed to work for a while and after i shut it off for an hour or so, i turned it on and now i keep getting a loud BEEP from the speaker every 30-40 seconds (similar to a PPT and the recipent has the phone off) i cannot turn on the "Radio" and it is not recongnizing my phone number.... I am really confused and pretty dumb when it comes to tech type stuff.... i hope i am not bothering anyone... please feel free to e-mail me or call xxx-xxx-xxxx...... Thanks folks i am really bummbed out.... BTW i have no software or transfer cable YET... HELP!!!
I am not familuar with Nextel but a place to start might be calling Nextel and making sure the BB is registered on your account and on the Nextel network.

Your not bothering anyone by asking a Q... Thats what the forum is for...

You might want to consider removing your phone numer from the original post... The spammers and bots might have fun with it
Old 11-17-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
Known1

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon, Nextel, AllTel, UScellular, AT&T

I recommend wiping the handheld since you bought it used. In your case it might be faster to simply upgrade the OS and don't back anything up. Visit Nextel | BlackBerry Solutions and select Software updates for 7520... link in the lower right. On the page that loads use the drop down to select 7510. You'll want to download the current version of the desktop manager and the OS for your phone. After everything is installed, I would reboot your computer. Then launch the Blackberry desktop manager (BBDM). When prompted for a profile just click cancel for the time being. Now use the USB cable that should have come with your phone to connect your device to the PC. Next double click on application loader and run through the wizard to update your device with the latest applications. Be sure to click on the advanced button so you can reload the radio software and choose the do not backup apps option.

Once this is done, you should disconnect your device from the computer and let it boot. This is going to take some time, usually around 5-10 minutes tops. After the device boots, turn on the wireless antenna and wait for NXTL to show up in the upper right corner. Next you really should perform a master radio reset to force your wirless device to look at the SIM again. After master radio reset I would pull out the battery for about 30 seconds then register the host routing table. If you need help with these items let us know. After all of this is done you should be golden.

Last edited by Known1; 11-17-2006 at 08:39 AM..
Old 11-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
ElbowGuts

Thank you very much for the help. I will try exactly what you stated. I will let you know....

--Guts
Old 11-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
balibe
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Have you added a BB Service Plan to your account or just swaped the Sim Cards from the phone to the BB?

You may also want to look at the SIM. Nextel makes several different versions of SIM Cards. They can be switched between regular Nextel Phones with no issues, but there have been posts on issues between phones & BB's. Try a search and read the posts.

balibe@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
"The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"
Old 11-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
ElbowGuts

Well, i "wiped handheld" successfully and i am still getting the "Talkover" tone emitting through the speaker every 40-60 seconds.... I have talked with many people about this problem and they also are stumped... i am trying to avoid bringing it to a repair place, but i may have no chioce.

--Guts
Old 11-19-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
ashraf9

Model: 7200u

go to a phone shop where you bought it from and ask them your problem
Old 11-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
ElbowGuts

Well it was an internal problem. VERY strange.. The tech at the repair shop said he has never seen a blackberry make the "Talkover" tone every 50 seconds on it's own....matter of fact, he was sending it to RIM's top tech to check it out....... Thanks for all your help... now i just have to figure out how to work the phone!!
Closed Thread