Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #21
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

If you are stuck on the T&C you might need to reset the firewall. If the application is on your BB it will run. I don't have a Pearl so figure out how to get to options>advanced>applications. Find Google and use the trackball for menu options until you find the firewall and reset it. I am 99% sure that will work, but can't tell you exactly. Maybe MrKyoo will come to the rescue with exact instructions.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:36 AM   #22
zerosanity

Model: 8100

Question for all the smart people,

I just got the black berry pearl about a week ago, and this is my first post on this forum! First off let me say that this forum is packed with knowledge and I've already done a lot of customizing to my pearl thanks to this forum. Now, with that said, I have a problem and need help!

I loaded Google Maps on my BB but when ever i click on the icon to open it I get the following error:

"Error starting gmaps$d142$dm2_L1: Module 'gmaps $2d142 $2dm2_L1' has verification error 2870 at offset 4caa"

I've checked to make sure all the settings posted in this thread have been set up but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #23
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Delete it and reload it to start. Maybe a corrupt DL. Let's rule that out first.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 AM   #24
zerosanity

Yeah I already reloaded it twice. I get the same error everytime. What do you think I should try next?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:13 AM   #25
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosanity
Yeah I already reloaded it twice. I get the same error everytime. What do you think I should try next?
Did you delete it first before reloading under options>applications?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #26
zerosanity

Ok I just went through applications and deleted it, then reloaded. Same error. This is the first program I've had problems with. Not sure what it could be. When I go to Applications Permissions, everything is set to Allow. Is that what it should be? Thanks again for your help on this!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #27
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

See if this helps any but first delete all traces of any existing Google Maps apps.

Download Google Maps from Google Mobile http://www.google.com/m/products

~MrKyoo
Old 01-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #28
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Ok I just went through applications and deleted it, then reloaded. Same error. This is the first program I've had problems with. Not sure what it could be. When I go to Applications Permissions, everything is set to Allow. Is that what it should be? Thanks again for your help on this!
Did you also reset the firewall? Might not fix it but let's be sure.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #29
1000rrren

Model: 9000
Carrier: att

Quote:
Question for all the smart people,

I just got the black berry pearl about a week ago, and this is my first post on this forum! First off let me say that this forum is packed with knowledge and I've already done a lot of customizing to my pearl thanks to this forum. Now, with that said, I have a problem and need help!

I loaded Google Maps on my BB but when ever i click on the icon to open it I get the following error:

"Error starting gmaps$d142$dm2_L1: Module 'gmaps $2d142 $2dm2_L1' has verification error 2870 at offset 4caa"

I've checked to make sure all the settings posted in this thread have been set up but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Im also getting this with my new pearl....hope we can resolve this.

What firewall settings?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #30
zerosanity

Ok I deleted it again and reset the firewall, then reloaded. Same error! Should the firewall be enabled or disabled? I tried it both was and it didnt work either time. I also tried downloading from the site mentioned but when I went to that link I didnt see anywhere to download the program. I entered the link from that page on my BB and didnt see anything either, it only talked about downloading Google Search and Image search. Maybe it just wasnt ment to be!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #31
zerosanity

*BAM* I got it working! This may be common knowledge for the people that have been using BB's for a while but I had know idea. Here's what happened: I was downloading another application using Opera Mini as my web browser. Then a message popped up saying something along the lines of "We detected that you are using Opera Mini. All of the application you are trying to download may be available. You should use your devices original browser." Not exact words but something along that line. So I got to thinking, maybe google maps would work if I used the BB browser to download it. And *SCORE* I downloaded it with that browser and it opened right up. Is this something you all are allready aware of? Guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks again to everyone.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #32
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Quote:
*BAM* I got it working! This may be common knowledge for the people that have been using BB's for a while but I had know idea. Here's what happened: I was downloading another application using Opera Mini as my web browser. Then a message popped up saying something along the lines of "We detected that you are using Opera Mini. All of the application you are trying to download may be available. You should use your devices original browser." Not exact words but something along that line. So I got to thinking, maybe google maps would work if I used the BB browser to download it. And *SCORE* I downloaded it with that browser and it opened right up. Is this something you all are allready aware of? Guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks again to everyone.
Glad you got it working. Thought that had been mentioned but yes that is required.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #33
zerosanity

I just read back thru this form and didnt see anything about that, But im glad its working. Its pretty impressive. thanks again
Old 02-05-2007, 03:06 AM   #34
azzaruddin

Carrier: Maxis
Default Blackberry maps for pearl

Hi,
i just registered. when i used 8700 there is a link at BB Help to download BB maps, but with pearl I cant find any links. can somebody help me?

thanks
Closed Thread