BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
toni_fierro

Model: 7100v
Default Setting Blackberrys to Factory Standard

Please Login to Remove!

I am having issues with Blackberrys (7230s) that have been moved over from our 3.6 server to our BES4 servers. They are getting decryption failure - please generate encryption - key KB-03360. The Blackberry will get emails and work OK except for the error that keeps appearing when an email is received.

Anyway the SUIDS from the logs on the Blackberrys ie Alt-LGLG are using the SRPs from the old 3.6 servers and the Service books on the Blackberry points to the the correct SRP from the BES4 servers.

If we can clear these Blackberry to FACTORY Standard then we should have a resolution.

Is there any way of setting Blackberrys back to FACTORY standard. I have tried the standard things like getting the password wrong 10 times, killing the device, using javaloader, getting the 507 error then reinstalling the handheld software etc etc. The Blackberry always comes back with the pre-existing SUID information and policy settings.

I am losing faith in these Blackberrys and Research in Motions support, any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

apply a blank/default policy to them.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:08 AM   #3
toni_fierro

Setting a blank/default policy will not clear the SUID. I need to set the Blackberrys to factory standard, with no trace of the previous SUID, policy etc.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I assume you did a security wipe?

Long shot but this worked for me (though not the same problem), Do a security wipe then wipe the handset again with javaloader. Remove desktop manager and reinstall as if the handheld would be BIS only. By this I mean no redirection of any type. Load the OS back on the handheld and hopefully your problem is now gone. You can now reinstall DTM and put the handheld back on BES.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
toni_fierro

Thanks. Do you mean, options, security, wipe handheld. If so yes I have done this and still the policy settings and SUID remain. I have used the handheld configuration tool, nuke handheld but this is the same as javaloader.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #6
Soapm

Whoops!

Last edited by Soapm; 08-05-2005 at 10:34 PM..
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #7
Soapm

That was just the first step, you may want to follow the rest of them particularly changing DTM.

Long shot but this worked for me (though not the same problem),

1. Do a security wipe then
2. wipe the handset again with javaloader.
3. Remove desktop manager
4. reinstall as if the handheld would be BIS only. By this I mean no redirection of any type.
5. Load the OS back on the handheld and hopefully your problem is now gone.
6. You can now reinstall DTM and put the handheld back on BES.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:55 PM   #8
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

You can always go into Application Loader then click on Advanced when you get to the Apps Install screen and select to erase all applications.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
Soapm

Actually Jibi, I'm not positive but I believe this removes the policy. If you get some time and have a spare BB give what I suggested a try and let us know what you think. After reinstalling DTM with no redirection you can look in options ==> security and if Ii remember right, the whole screen looked different. I don't remember seeing a policy while I was in there and I know this solved the policy problems I thought I was having. If I had time to blow out the berry again I would just to see but I have a BBQ to go to in a bit.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:17 PM   #10
stonent

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

I know it may be the easy answer, but have you deleted the PIN from the old server?

I've seen this when a PIN is on two servers with two accounts. It sometimes happens when someone turns in a phone and then you reactivate it on a different server without killing the first account.

Since you're seeing things in the logs indicating the old BES is sending it something, I don't think it is the phone that's doing it.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.

Last edited by stonent; 08-06-2005 at 11:19 PM..
Old 08-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #11
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Actually Jibi, I'm not positive but I believe this removes the policy. If you get some time and have a spare BB give what I suggested a try and let us know what you think. After reinstalling DTM with no redirection you can look in options ==> security and if Ii remember right, the whole screen looked different. I don't remember seeing a policy while I was in there and I know this solved the policy problems I thought I was having. If I had time to blow out the berry again I would just to see but I have a BBQ to go to in a bit.
I would try it on my own handheld, but unfortunately I can no longer do a security wipe, for whatever reason. It sits in a perpetual state of deletion for hours on end rather than the customary 5 minutes or so. I usually will just do it, go to bed, and sometime by morning, it will be back to normal. I'd do it now, but I need my phone for a bit
Old 08-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #12
toni_fierro

The problem was resolved when we rebooted our SQL Server. Pity Research In Motion Helpdesk couldn't sort this out for me. Not impressed with their support.
Closed Thread