Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #21
oz281

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default Bluetooth disabled

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I bought a blackberry 8800 as a stopgap till my contract with orange runs out. ....and I was very happy till I decided to upgrade the handset software. I had set the bluetooth to my handsfree devices on the car handsfree without any problems..... Since the handset software upgrade to v 4.5.0.52 the bluetooth is disabled and frrzes whenever I go on to Options>>bluetooth...or even bluetooth setup ... it says bluetooth disabled. All attempts to try and enable it have failed.
Ive tried upgrading the software and downgrading the software but it still remains disabled.
As a last resort , I ve wiped it clean but still no joy. The bluetooth doesnt work. .... any suggestions ........
Old 11-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #22
PhilS32767

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VerizonWireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuyazzie View Post
Hello,
I have the new Tour and I am having bluetooth issues in my car. It pairs correctly but then thinks it is always on a call. Has anyone experienced this problem? Thanks for any hints.
I am having the same problem with a Blackberry Tour 9630, trying to use it with a Garmin Nuvi 265WT GPS, and also with a Plantronics 222 headset.

Both of those devices work flawlessly with my old Motorola Razr V3M.

But my wife's Blackberry Tour 9630 won't play nice with either the GPS or the headset.

The Tour pairs successfully with the GPS, but then signals to the GPS that it is on a call. The end call function on the GPS won't end the bogus "call".

The Tour pairs successfully with the headset too, and if I dial a call on the Tour, the audio will come through the headset -- but if I place an incoming call to the Tour, the headset cannot answer the call as it is supposed to. I get a beep in the headset when I click its call control button (which is what one is supposed to do to answer a call coming into the paired phone).

Is there a software upgrade to the Bluetooth code in the Tour 9630 that might fix these problems? I tried looking for software updates from Blackberry for the 9630, but the updates available from RIM all seem to be foreign language support and apps and games -- not any core platform components.

Is there a workaround for this? Upthread, someone suggested a hard reset of the Tour (by removing the battery). Will that actually work?
Closed Thread