Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdarden View Post
Downloaded it, and it worked but is is way too buggy. Locks up, gets stuck, very slow and clunky.

I'll wait until TN comes out with their own updated version, maybe even 6.0
Maybe your BB needs cleaning. Many of the mods are using this just fine. Other than the slow start (I think it looks for an active GPS) it works better than all the other GPS programs I have tested. Which BB are you using. Of course all BB's can use more power now. The 9XXX will be like the 8700. Another breakthrough.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #42
misterg

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Default AT&T Navigator issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakatza View Post
well, as a service to everyone else with AT&T on this site who uses Telenav, I spent 2 hours on the phone tonight with AT&T, AT&T and Telenav, Telenav, and then back to AT&T and Telenav. What did I accomplish?

I had Telenav notate the issues i have previously mentioned to be escalated to their "engineering" group. I will let everyone know when/if i get a response/resolution from them. My gut tells me that they will be reluctant to admit that they are providing AT&T (a huge customer) with defective software. As this has been their attitude thus far.

Anyone else with a couple extra hours on their hands should call AT&T to complain as well. 800-331-0500. Maybe then they will acknowledge it.
I too spent 2+ hrs between AT&T and Telenav. Also told they (3rd tier tech support) would get back to me after no solution after these hours of trouble shooting. New 8820 for me....went to the icon on the screen and downloaded the program (called Telenav GPS Navigator)...when it successfully downloaded I then noticed it was called AT&T Navigator. It seemed to work OK...but when I tried to sync it to the web to update favorites and routes I had created it simply "hung" at 99%. This was when I called AT&T...many attempts to resolve until they passed me on to Telenav (Oh by the way AT&T told me they had simply changed the name of Telenav...same program) In talking with Telenav they said AT&T Nav completely different program...made me uninstall it and install Telenav...well now neither of these programs will upload onto my BB.....hence the 3rd tier tech support. Hope they get back to me.....I keep thinking who am I actually paying for this service that I cannot use yet? AT&T or Telenav?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #43
AdGurl01

Model: 8310

So is the ATT Navigator still $9.99/month?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #44
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yes.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #45
Johnnie4and1

PIN: I Lost It In A Haystack
Thumbs up AT&T NAv

I Too Have Been Misdirected...When Trying To Return To A Saved Location, I Was Prompted To Go Past The Turn And It Pretty Much Brought Me Behind Where I Should Have Been (Which Was Behind A Wall From Where I Wanted To Be) Other Than That, I Think That Being Able To Send Directions Is Kinda Hot...
Old 04-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #46
sheldonbk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Works good here! No issues, I like the new interface.

I wonder if you have removed Voice Activated Dialing in any OS cod file removals, if this the voice feature will be disabled in TN?
I removed voice activated dialing and am running regular Telenav (not AT&T version). Voice feature works just fine.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #47
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I removed AT&T Nav. It was nice but too slow opening the app, too slow closing the app and took a long time to get a short route. Loaded TeleNav 5.1.0.74 back.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #48
kasl33

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs up Wow, 5.5 is way different

Version 5.5 is WAY different than 5.1.

It made me remove version 5.1 because of a file by the same name, but that is no biggie.

I actually have the T-Mobile Curve 8320 but downloaded AT&T navigator for the 8310. I haven't driven with it yet, but here are features I have found that are new:

- Voice Recognition for entering addresses or finding searches (works great!)
- Auto (or manual) day & night mode <--- this was MUCH needed
- Volume seems to be a little louder and clearer - there is Very loud mode
- Now it shows a big arrow on the side of the screen indicating direction of - next turn
- You can now get the current weather of where you are or anywhere else
- Your favorites are sorted by the categories that you created online (well, I did mine online anyway)
- You can share addresses by entering the phone number of somebody else
- The fonts seem to be a little bigger too
- There are many more "choices" of where to drive to as in city, business, airport, intersection, contact, etc.

This came at a good time - I was about to give up on Telenav and go with MapQuest. If routing is good, I will stick with Telenav.

Although, I will still have to try ALK's CoPilot which is coming for the Blackberry at the end of May. It will be a 6 month free trial from ALK and CoPilot (which I used on my Laptop when version 9 was out) is a SUPERIOR product that I know of. It lets you avoid streets and customize routing, etc in more ways than you can imagine.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #49
rpvitale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I hate the teleatlas mapping on the Att version. The old 1.5 had addresses that the new version doesnt have at all. They're in my recent places that transfered over but the att version show they dont exsist. I was much happier with the Navteq mapping.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #50
atom631
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

so i installed att navigator. i was already running the telenav. when installing, just as kasl33 mentioned, it made me remove a file because it was associated with 5.1.

however, now i have the ATTnav on my home screen as well as a what appears to be the old Telenav icon, but it has an orange arrow pointing down on the right side of the icon. if i click it, its a link to download att navigator????

any idea on how to get rid of this icon other than just hiding it?

also, should the ATTnav suck, how can i uninstall and reinstall telenav?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #51
rdinterman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: 31eb2082
Carrier: Verizon

Anyone still having crazy routing. Sometimes it wants to take me off an exit ramp and then back on the very same highway at the same intersection.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #52
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Carrier: at&t

So I recently got a Motorola T505 (bluetooth / FM transmitter), and I use it to stream radio and my music off my phone. So when I have ATTNav running, and I am jamming to some tunes, the ATTNav audio plays on the phone speaker, and is far quieter than the car stereo.

So there's my issue. I would love to have an option to route the audio to the BlueTooth device, thereby playing via my car stereo.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #53
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Telenav (including ATTNav) does not support bluetooth devices for the purpose of getting your audio from another device (headset, car stereo link.) I'm told it worked before, then stopped with new versions of the program. When support was asked why it doesn't work anymore, they indicated that they never supported that feature in the past, and anyone who was using it that way just got lucky.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #54
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
Telenav (including ATTNav) does not support bluetooth devices for the purpose of getting your audio from another device (headset, car stereo link.) I'm told it worked before, then stopped with new versions of the program. When support was asked why it doesn't work anymore, they indicated that they never supported that feature in the past, and anyone who was using it that way just got lucky.
That's the same understanding that I have.

On the previous version when I was using the stock RIM headphones, and listening to music in the car (yes I am that guy you see in traffic), the TeleNav audio would come through the headset at the same volume as the music, so I could hear them both. This not the case with ATTNav, and the BlueTooth doesn't work. So in asking for a fix/upgrade I would rather have the BT audio over the headset audio.

Last edited by Shaun; 07-08-2008 at 01:12 PM..
Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #55
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakatza View Post
Anybody else with an 8820? Seems like the its running on the Curve ok, but I still have my problems.
It's worked good on my 8820 so far. We used it this weekend to take our daughter up north to camp for our church and it worked until we got into roaming and then it quit but that's because I have my BB setup to turn off data while roaming. I wasn't sure about the coverage up there and didn't want a huge bill.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 07-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #56
flightnreno

Model: 8100

att navigator works really well on my wife's curve. Can log into the telenav site and send favorites, etc...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:48 AM   #57
MeveryJohn
No longer Registered.

Model: 8320
Carrier: DHL

AT&T has launched their new assisted GPS technology on its GSM network to enhance its current and future location based services. This will effect all A-GPS capable devices. I am not the most technical person, but it sounds like this technology finds your location first using cell tower triangulation, then pinpoints your location via [...]

AT&T Now Supports Windows Live Messenger & Yahoo Messenger! No Hacks Necessary.

I am not sure if I am the first to notice this but there is a new link on the BlackBerry Help page at mobile.blackberry.com. It now lets you search to see what instant messaging applications are available for your BlackBerry.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #58
Webwbr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

Two questions:

1) Is there still a place to OTA download the Telenav version, or is the only thing we can get it the ATT version.

2) Have anyone tried mapping from your contacts? it takes a ridiculously long time, the text entry is super slow and there are sometime three or more listing for the same person. Weird and disappointing, i used that feature a lot.
(edit: I only have ATT version 5.5)

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Webwbr

Webwbr

Last edited by Webwbr; 10-14-2008 at 08:52 AM..
Closed Thread