BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Pearl
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100
Question Can me Pearl do this..........

Please Login to Remove!

Simple questions only experienced users have the answer to....

1. Does the pearl play stereo to a bluetooth headset?
2. Is there a playlist function on the pearl? lets say i want to use it as a nano
3. If the pearl does play stereo bluetooth, what headsets do you recommend... strictly for listening to music? does the headphones have a volume control on them?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
jfisher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: t-mobile

1 - don't think so no. although you can get bluetooth adapters so you can still use wireless headphones.

2 - if you select play all/play folder from the media explorer - next time you spawn the menu there'll be an option to view the playlist. (if you like music it might also be worth keeping an eye on this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...lackberry.html )

3 - can't help.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Get an iPod....
Old 01-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
jfisher
CrackBerry Addict

very helpful. lug around two items when one will do. why not just tell him to ditch his blackberry and wait for apples iphone?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

It is a completley accurate statement. I carry an iPod - because it is a great MP3 player and works perfectly. The Pearl is NOT a good MP3 player - IMHO. But I don't try to get it to do something that it does not do well.

Will the iPhone do secure, fast wireless e-mail?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
jfisher
CrackBerry Addict

rumour has it that it might! - and if it does apple will do it well and make the process at least as easy and transparent as blackberry (i've been thinking if apple ever did do push email they'd nail it first time, luckily apple have never made inroads to the corporate market, but on the flipside i reaqlly want blackberry to succeed as a consumer item too).
Old 01-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I concur with you - my original point, perhaps poorly or abruptly worded - its to use the right tool for the job. And as an MP3 player, the Pearl is strictly a 1.0 product.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #8
jfisher
CrackBerry Addict

but can you do this with an ipod? meshsystem >> MeshDJ xxx45; Mp3 Mixing Tool for Pearl [updated]

Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

deleted by me
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
secrecyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
Simple questions only experienced users have the answer to....

1. Does the pearl play stereo to a bluetooth headset?
2. Is there a playlist function on the pearl? lets say i want to use it as a nano
3. If the pearl does play stereo bluetooth, what headsets do you recommend... strictly for listening to music? does the headphones have a volume control on them?
1 No
2 I think so, check the other reply
3 refer to #1
Old 01-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #11
secrecyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher
Wow! That's totally awsome!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #12
BlackPearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

iPods are horrible devices. Please don't give in to the slick marketing hype.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

And what your doing is fanboy hating... marketing hype vs units sold the ipod filled a needed void and is an extreme hit... Men lie, women lie, but numbers dont.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 01-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
secrecyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn
And what your doing is fanboy hating... marketing hype vs units sold the ipod filled a needed void and is an extreme hit... Men lie, women lie, but numbers dont.
I agree. I have a iPod myself too.

Considering how many iPods out there today and how well Steve Jobs is doing, it will be around for a long time. I even like the new Macs too!

Besides, there's so many MP3 players out there that people still like the iPods better.

Microsoft is trying to beat iPod but I took a look at Zune and it's nothing special. It may have few extra stuff but that's about it. It's not worth it for me.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #15
TonyEye
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: NoMas
Carrier: NOT AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Get an iPod....
Yup.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #16
Pearl
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Get an iPod....
I have an ipod...

but i wish there was a piece o shit ipod that had bluetooth support built in.

Here we have the pearl that plays music and has bluetooth..... hence the thread to actually have a wireless headset music solution.

carrying two devices is not an option.. unless i glue a nano to my pearl... which would be tarded
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #17
BlackPearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn

So I guess the pet rock was a fantastic & useful device then? After all, it did sell a lot of units.
Not fanboy hating, I just have done plenty of research in this market, and have previously worked for a leading consumer electronics company dealing with audio & sound.
You say numbers don't lie, but the indication of a good device is not based soley on units sold. Maybe to the people whose pockets you've lined with cash it is, but as an independant free thinking consumer, I don't give 2 bits how many units sold.
I know that there are MUCH better MP3 players providing better functionality, greater compatibility, more storage space, higher sound quality, and for a fraction of the price of an iPod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy
Besides, there's so many MP3 players out there that people still like the iPods better.
People like owning an iPod, mainly due to the status symbol of it, and the term "iPod" being thrown around as the definitive term for an MP3 player (like Kleenex for tissue, and Band-Aid for bandages).

Obviously my comments will not influence many, faced with the multi-million dollar campaign Apple has thrown at you to convince you of their superiority.
If you actually want to think for yourself, and do some legitimate research in to the MP3 market, you'll see for yourself.
But hey, if you rely purely on commercials & print ads to dictate what you know & what you buy, then you're worse off than what I can help you with.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #18
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

And Betamax was better than VHS. In the end, it didn't matter.

Right now, the iPod is clearly the market leader - and that is all that matters. Until something newer comes along.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #19
BlackPearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
clearly the market leader - and that is all that matters.
Again, only to the person who's pockets you are lining with cash, or to the people who rely soley on the media to instruct them how to spend their money. The best is not always the most popular & vice versa. That's herd mentality.

Last edited by BlackPearl; 01-05-2007 at 10:30 PM..
Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #20
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Oh - you don't like capitalism. Now I understand.

I presume you don't use Windows, or a PC at all, since that lines the pockets of those horrible people

I happen to love my iPod. If you choose otherwise, that's fine. Just don't bash those of us who like what we have.
Closed Thread