BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #141
jjdurrant
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Most of my users (600+) are ok now.. I am absolutely livid that RIM sent no communication!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #142
autsoldnow
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Telus

Some one needs to post a STICKY about the RIM server outage at 8pm last night, that RIM is working to restore it's service but is worried about the flood of emails etc that will follow soon after.

Even the local carriers here are informing their customers of the problem and aren't saying for sure when it will be resolved. Even my carrier will not push their GRPS through, so our new phones are stuck at the "grps" lower case until the RIM issue is solved.

Andrew
Old 04-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #143
jjdurrant

Finally got a communication from RIM... I plan to reply with hate mail.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #144
jjdurrant

Finally got a communication from RIM... I plan to reply with hate mail.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #145
autsoldnow
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Telus

Some one needs to post a STICKY about the RIM server outage at 8pm last night, that RIM is working to restore it's service but is worried about the flood of emails etc that will follow soon after.

Even the local carriers here are informing their customers of the problem and aren't saying for sure when it will be resolved. Even my carrier will not push their GRPS through, so our new phones are stuck at the "grps" lower case until the RIM issue is solved.

Andrew
Old 04-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #146
FlyerNut

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular
Default BB Communication:

This is what I just rec'd (another black eye for BB) :

As a BlackBerry Technical Support Services customer, you will receive BlackBerry Customer Support Operations Updates to on a periodic basis.

NOTE: Please do not reply directly to this message, as this mailbox is not monitored. If you need technical support regarding this message, please email [email address] with your BlackBerry Technical Support subscription code in the Subject line.

<body of message>

To unsubscribe, send an email to [email address].
To subscribe with another email address, send an email to text [email address] from that address.
If you wish to change the email address associated with your BlackBerry Technical Support Services contract, kindly send an email to [email address].

This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #147
bradhs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

mahowardl, How come your attached log file shows the receipt time is before the send time of each "probe?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoward View Post
Hey all, our SRP's started reconnecting at about 4:30 AM CST, while others here on the board still have yet to reconnect. We just upgraded to Tx3 this year, I wonder if RIM prioritized their SRP reconnects based on Tx level? Anybody else with Tx3 or higher see reconnects earlier rather than later? Attached is my BB probe log showing when we starting getting messages through.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #148
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

I've got one SRP that's not validating for some strange reason, but other than that, all good!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #149
edonin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Default A Little Strange Fallout

Most of my users started working after RIM's network came back up. A small number, myself included, were in a state where wireless PIM synch worked fine in both directions, but the only Messages folder action was for Sent messages. No new messages were received on the devices since the network outage.

Deleting CMIME and resending the service books bought nada. An in-place wireless reactivation was equally useless and no absolutely no action for the users showed in the corresponding MAGT logs.

Only an account and device wipe, followed by a reinstatement and reactivation from scratch fixed the issue.

Anyone else experience similar fallout? It seems a little more than coincidence that the problem started with RIM's network fallout. I'd sure like to know the exact cause and a less intensive recovery method, but guess I should be happy that the wipe and clean reactivation worked.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #150
mahoward
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

bradhs, the server times are off by a few minutes, which is why my probes seem to go back in time...
Closed Thread