BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
sunman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 232D7878
Carrier: Bell
Default Music through Bluetooth headphones?

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Plantronics 590 bluetooth headset that I primarily have been using for my PS3. But lately I have been listening to music off of my Blackberry Torch quite a bit. I paired my headset to my Blackberry no problem, and it works great when I am using the phone to make calls, the headset has a small tube mic as well. But when listening to music I cannot get it to route through the headset directly. There is an adapter that I can plug into the 3.5mm jack on the berry, and then pair the headset to that, and music sounds great. I would like to get the music direct to my headset if possible. Any ideas? It would be more convenient, than having to pair and unpair the headset to the adapter and the phone when switching uses. My Motorola headset (single ear) plays my music files just fine, but it is only mono. Any help?
Old 03-26-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunman View Post
I have a Plantronics 590 bluetooth headset that I primarily have been using for my PS3. But lately I have been listening to music off of my Blackberry Torch quite a bit. I paired my headset to my Blackberry no problem, and it works great when I am using the phone to make calls, the headset has a small tube mic as well. But when listening to music I cannot get it to route through the headset directly. There is an adapter that I can plug into the 3.5mm jack on the berry, and then pair the headset to that, and music sounds great. I would like to get the music direct to my headset if possible. Any ideas? It would be more convenient, than having to pair and unpair the headset to the adapter and the phone when switching uses. My Motorola headset (single ear) plays my music files just fine, but it is only mono. Any help?
Sure. Get Mobiola Xplayer from appworld

Set it for Bluetooth audio stream (in settings)

After a call interrupts the player, you need to just click on N for next song for it to resync to the bluetooth or just click on any song and it will start playing over Btooth again.

Its free and only works with audio streams. The video player part of it just uses the built in media player.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
sunman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 232D7878
Carrier: Bell
Default Re: Music through Bluetooth headphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Dreams View Post
Sure. Get Mobiola Xplayer from appworld

Set it for Bluetooth audio stream (in settings)

After a call interrupts the player, you need to just click on N for next song for it to resync to the bluetooth or just click on any song and it will start playing over Btooth again.

Its free and only works with audio streams. The video player part of it just uses the built in media player.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
So it can't be done with the BB music player?
Closed Thread