tarheel23
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaKing View Post
after a full day of work, it looks like that last battery pull took care of it...i received all my messages instantly, sent items were synchronized, etc...works like a charm!
Good to hear. Glad you finally got it working correctly.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #102
thaKing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter View Post
WONDERFUL! Just curious....how quickly do they arrive?
i'd say within a minute...there were some coming in just seconds after they arrived in my inbox...others closer to a minute...but if i were to average them out i'd say between 30-60 seconds...amazingly fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel23
Good to hear. Glad you finally got it working correctly.
you're glad, i'm glad... the two things the tripped me up, which i'll mention here just in case anyone else is reading this, were 1) i had to manually configure my email address from the desktop which allowed me to enter the imap server info...the phone just wouldn't let me do it, and 2) i had to do a couple battery pulls...maybe the first didn't fully reset whatever needed to be reset, but the second one did...
Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #103
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

I wonder if deleting the service books first would speed up the process, to get the "good" ones installed?

Thanks for the update.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #104
thaKing

maybe...i didn't delete the service books, but i did resend them a couple times...once during setup, and another when i wasn't getting emails...since that didn't work that's when i decided to do a battery pull again...
Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #105
tarheel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I wonder if deleting the service books first would speed up the process, to get the "good" ones installed?

Thanks for the update.

That's a good point. I think it would be good idea to delete them from the phone, to start the whole process.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #106
infoe

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

I'm glad i came across this post again, because about 3 or 4 months ago, your friendly brothers of mine had'nt come across this fix yet. I have been auto forwarding my godaddy email to my bb sprint's email. (I followed the instructions of the another thread might have not even been here). I setup my sprints email to show the reply that i sent out as reply to (xxx@myurl.com) so when i would get an email to my sprint email and hit reply it would look like its coming from my godaddy email the same way when i would compose an email from my phone. The emails come INSTANTLY Im talking blazing speed faster than the webbased email inbox. Its made me happy so far but its definately a rig. And I would love to have the 2way delete and the outbox functionality...I'm just scared! :X

I'm literally scared of trying, because I never got it to work with IMAP for whatever reason...everytime i would input my username and password it would'nt work and id have to resolve to pop...and for that I'm better off using the method mentioned up above.

**Also I have 5 emails setup, would I have to redo the setup for all the email boxes? that would be a pain in the BUTT!**

ONE LAST THING...if you guys have problems with your godaddy accounts do you have to run this same thing again? I could see how if it works for 6months with no problems and then we have a problem doing this recycling issue might be ok...but if its every other week or once a month is it worth it?

Good thing though however is you guys seemed to have found a pretty quick way to back up the emails even when deleting it on godaddy...

I think in a few days or when i get the curve i might give it a shot...but im glad i got some experts here now to rely on in case it does'nt work.

Last edited by infoe; 04-03-2008 at 06:09 PM..
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #107
infoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
For instant mail delivery to your BB, just type in your username and password at BIS email setup and let the BIS use the automatic detection. It will find Godaddy's email notification server link between them and RIM.
I wish this where true...I dont know if its carrier dependant...but ive tried this a million times and for some reason it wont work..following my last post i tried it again...because it wouldnt affect me either way, TECHNICALLY Idont have a bis connection to the godaddy email anywhere on my phone...its all setup to beforwarded to my sprint's bb email like mentioned up above...it won't for the life of me connect manually...I'm going to try once again to manually input the information and update you guys...

*EDIT*I was able to do it MANUALLY from the PC and NOT from the phone, about to wait 10minutes or so and fire off some test emails..I think i will keep the whole forwarding thing going for a day or so to see how the imap works if at all*

Last edited by infoe; 04-03-2008 at 11:51 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #108
infoe

I don't believe it, and It almost has to fail...but it seems to be working instantaneously...also syncing with the deletes on the actual mail server...

I will leave this up for a few days and see how it goes...

One questioned though that I see was not answered, I have multiple emails under the email plan, as part of the fix do I need to delete the whole email plan under the control panel? and basically leave my domain with no email whatsoever? or is the fix working with just removing the specific email in question from the email plan, leaving the other emails (people that might not even be using emails with their phone) alone?

*EDIT* sorry for the multiple posts but just wanted to update...i can see the imap version taking about 15-30seconds to get an email as compared to the autoforwarding of the email coming through instantaneously...but this is obviously very much acceptable for the benefits of erasing the emails and saving etc etc...

Last edited by infoe; 04-04-2008 at 12:09 AM..
Old 04-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #109
tarheel23

[QUOTE=infoe;883193]

One questioned though that I see was not answered, I have multiple emails under the email plan, as part of the fix do I need to delete the whole email plan under the control panel? and basically leave my domain with no email whatsoever? or is the fix working with just removing the specific email in question from the email plan, leaving the other emails (people that might not even be using emails with their phone) alone?

QUOTE]

Glad to see it you've got it working. As for the multiple email address's under the same plan, it depends. I would say you need to try some testing on your own for this one. We know that by following the procedures listed in this thread, that IMAP email can be restored to it's normal function for one account. If you do some test emails and find you are having problems with each individual account, then go ahead and follow the procedures to correct that particular account, until they are all working properly. If your not using a particular email address with a phone, then I see no reason to do these steps on any of the other accounts.

Bottom line, if your email is the only one that is being routed to a blackberry, then your work here is done. There should be no need to mess with the other accounts.

As for longevity, it's been 11 days for me now since the fix was applied and I've had no issues with email since, and I haven't heard of anyone's email relapsing during this time either. So it is still early, but the fix appears to be a onetime thing, or at the very least infrequent in nature.

Last edited by tarheel23; 04-04-2008 at 06:32 AM..
Old 04-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #110
infoe

QUOTE]
If you do some test emails and find you are having problems with each individual account, then go ahead and follow the procedures to correct that particular account, until they are all working properly. If your not using a particular email address with a phone, then I see no reason to do these steps on any of the other accounts.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not being clearer, the other e-mail accounts under my domain are not mine but are all shared in one e-mail account PLAN for example i have the 5emailboxes/1gb of space.
Those other emails have nothing to do with me nor my blackberry other than I was the one that set them up.

So my question meant, the fix procedure....does it require me to take off from godaddy's control panel the EMAIL PLAN as a WHOLE...meaning delete the 5email boxes/1gb or just my email which is [email address] and leave the other four alone?

Hope this is clearer, the deleting the whole email plan as a whole would obviously then requiring me seting up the four other email plans as well..giving them temporary passwords and having to have them reset their passwords and hope none of THEIR emails get erased...if it were just mine it would be a sinch.

Either way im glad its working now...but in case it stops working in the future want to know what the contingency is.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #111
tarheel23

Yep. I see what you are saying. I don't have experience with the multiple emails on one account, but I would apply this logic to your scenario.

5 individual email accounts under one domain, should still act as 5 individual accounts. So just because your having problems with one wouldn't necessarily mean you would have problems with all 4 right? Think of it this way.... if you had 5 yahoo email addresses, they would all function as individual accounts, with problems being specific to each individual account, even though they are under the same domain.... "something"@yahoo.com. Unless of course yahoo had a company wide problem, which would then affect everyone, which would be beyond your control anyways.

Sticking with the affected account should be all that is required. Again, I have no factual basis to go on, but I think the logic is there support this.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #112
thaKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoe View Post
*EDIT*I was able to do it MANUALLY from the PC and NOT from the phone, about to wait 10minutes or so and fire off some test emails..I think i will keep the whole forwarding thing going for a day or so to see how the imap works if at all*
it might have probably saved you lots of headaches had you read my posts stating that it had to be done via the pc and not phone...regardless...it's working, that's all that matters now...
Old 04-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #113
Prometheus01

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Smile What's with GoDaddy

I have a two month old Curve 8310 that worked perfectly with GoDaddy until just a few days ago. Amazingly, my problem is the same as described by an earlier poster... GoDaddy will only push out emails and the same rate as new emails come in. I send myself a test email, and I get an old email in return. Depending on the time of the day I am running 2 to 24 hours behind.

My work email, blackberry email supplied by AT&T, and SMS messages all work fine. It is only the GoDaddy account that causes problems. Unfortunately, this is my primary work address and I do get approx. 600 emails a day on that address.

So if I understand the earlier posts, I need to delete by GoDaddy account from my curve, wait a few hours, and then reinstall? How to I delete an email account from my Blackberry?

Any help appreciated.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #114
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus01 View Post
I have a two month old Curve 8310 that worked perfectly with GoDaddy until just a few days ago. Amazingly, my problem is the same as described by an earlier poster... GoDaddy will only push out emails and the same rate as new emails come in. I send myself a test email, and I get an old email in return. Depending on the time of the day I am running 2 to 24 hours behind.

My work email, blackberry email supplied by AT&T, and SMS messages all work fine. It is only the GoDaddy account that causes problems. Unfortunately, this is my primary work address and I do get approx. 600 emails a day on that address.

So if I understand the earlier posts, I need to delete by GoDaddy account from my curve, wait a few hours, and then reinstall? How to I delete an email account from my Blackberry?

Any help appreciated.

Read through the entire thread. I was successful by deleting my Godaddy account from the BIS service, cleaning out my Godaddy inbox/trash folders, then re-establishing the account on the BIS. Been working fine for the past month.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #115
Malindi

Carrier: Rogers

Greetings... same issues as all of you. Except that mine started when I switched from GD to hostupon.com and then back. Because with Host, my BB mail was slow, so I thought it was their fault. The idea was to get more/cheaper space at Host than GD... hence the switch. Prior to all this, GD worked fine, instant email on 3 accounts I use. So I switched back to GD, and my mail was still slow... that was 2 weeks ago.

I tried changing POP3 to the imap thingy mentioned earlier, but it refuses and says it's invalid. So no joy there. My accounts need "help" to get set up. Doing the email/password thing only does not work. I have to set it up manually. I switched off SSL etc. but not much more.

I get the standard 15 min delay for most stuff. It seems some of you have had good luck with the remove/delete/battery pull/start over approach. I actually had Rogers (BB supplier) delete my BB account, reset the server and I wiped my BB (took 2 hours...). So I started "from scratch" on the BB side. Still, after many deletes etc., I am no further ahead....

Another nice wrinkle... my girlfriend's email account auto-configures just fine on my BB and she's with GD as well... I'm stumped, we have similar accounts. The first time I set up my BB accounts, I just typed in the email address and password. And that was that.... I've never been able to do that since. GD claims there is nothing wrong on their end... of course.

I have 4 active accounts, just created a new one to test and it does not want to auto-configure (my only way to IMAP?). I'm going to let it sit for a night and see if the domain propagation has something to do with it. My MX records seem fine too....

I'm stumped as to why it would work instantaneously for months and now I can't get it work anymore...

Great thread guys... Thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #116
Malindi

Carrier: Rogers

ok, here's the final answer. GoDaddy people are not aware of the IMAP server with RIM.

Do this;
- Delete your BB account
- Re-create it with a bad password so it fails
- Enter the right password and select to set it up manually
- Select the "work" option versus "home"
- Select POP/IMAP
- Enter the server as rimimap.secureserver.net

That's the ticket... works like a charm!!!!!

No need to delete GoDaddy accounts
Old 02-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #117
jparker5_2000

Model: 8330
Carrier: Alltel
Smile Other suggestion

I had the same problem and followed the instructions to reset my accounts. After completing, I did start receiving some of my emails on the BB. My guess is that my email client was removing my email from the webmail account before the BB had time to see that there was mail there to forward. I did two things, one being setting my account to leave messages on the server for 1 day, and changed my pop3 pickup of mail to 10 min. I get all emails now and have set my delivery back to 1 minute for my pop3 account.

Thanks for the instructions
Closed Thread