Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
DigitalEagle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Small Icon Theme Calculator issue

Please Login to Remove!

Has the calculator issue in the small Icon theme been resolved? I really like this theme but need the calculator. Is anyone working on fixing this?

Sorry if this has been answered already.

Also - where do you get the Rogers List theme? Everyone keeps talking about it but I can't find it anywhere. It looks to me like it is the same theme as the standard 7100T list theme but with a white background and a Rogers logo. Are there any other differences or features?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:57 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

The Rogers theme, and all of the 7100 themes currently available, are located here - http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463 - in the aptly named Noob Guide to Themes.

I'm not sure RIM or T-Mobile would agree that there is a calculator issue. Here's how I see the conversation going:

Hello RIM, I tried to take the 7700 theme and put it on the 7100 and now the calculator doesn't work. <click>. Hello? Hello?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
DigitalEagle

Very nice reply - thank you. That was of no help to me at all.

So - what you are saying is that the small icons theme will never be able to use the calculator function that comes with the 7100T right?

The Rogers theme is not where you suggested.

I won't post anymore on this forum since you Super Moderators are so offended by people who obviously don't know as much as you do!

Last edited by DigitalEagle; 06-08-2005 at 11:16 AM..
Old 06-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
towski394
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100t

DigitalEagle - some of the themes that are available on the thread are intended for other blackberry devices than the 7100 series. Therefore, not all of the functionality will be available on other devices.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:27 AM   #5
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Hello RIM, I tried to take the 7700 theme and put it on the 7100 and now the calculator doesn't work. <click>. Hello? Hello?
Thats not a flame, it's called sarcasm or having a sense of humor. I for one got a smile out it. Wear life like a loose garment, you asked for help, NJBLACKBERRY offered some and a little joke. If it didn’t help try doing on your own using the search button.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalEagle

Also - where do you get the Rogers List theme? Everyone keeps talking about it but I can't find it anywhere. It looks to me like it is the same theme as the standard 7100T list theme but with a white background and a Rogers logo. Are there any other differences or features?

Thanks in advance.
Ps. you guessed it the list themes are very much similar
Old 06-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I answered the same question three times yesterday. Sorry if you didn't like the answer. It has been posted over and over and over. It is in the big thread. Putting the 7700 small icons theme, written and designed for the 7700, onto a 7100 breaks the calculator. No one is working on this, since it is not a problem. Keep hitting the BB with a hammer and you will break it. Put 7100 themes onto a 7280 and get a Black and white Blackberry. Is RIM working on that?

Guess I should have added a smiley to the end. This conversation on the calculator has gone on way too far.

Sorry if you didn't like my response. It was truthful.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
seagrtj

Model: 7100g

So, has the calculator issue in the small Icon theme been resolved?

now that is sarcasm...i don't care who you are, that is funny...lol
Old 06-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #9
netPOSER

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
I answered the same question three times yesterday. Sorry if you didn't like the answer. It has been posted over and over and over. It is in the big thread. Putting the 7700 small icons theme, written and designed for the 7700, onto a 7100 breaks the calculator. No one is working on this, since it is not a problem. Keep hitting the BB with a hammer and you will break it. Put 7100 themes onto a 7280 and get a Black and white Blackberry. Is RIM working on that?

Guess I should have added a smiley to the end. This conversation on the calculator has gone on way too far.

Sorry if you didn't like my response. It was truthful.
It seems a lot of replies by moderators are always "use the search" and "I anwered that question 7 times".

If you get tired of telling "n00bs" to use the search then don't reply. Let those who want to help reply.

And fix the search drop down so it shows up on top of the banner--all of the time.

Last edited by netPOSER; 06-08-2005 at 03:48 PM..
Old 06-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #10
DigitalEagle

I agree - it's hard for me to decipher what the "professional" posters consider "sarcasm" vs. being "discourteous" to novice users.

I'm very sorry that you have posted your replies to this question over 7 times. Perhaps you aren't communicating very effectively - as I read the thread multiple times and got the impression that the calculator was broken on the small Icons theme and assumed that someone would probably try to find a fix for for the 7100.

I was not aware that the small Icons theme came from a different BB and was therefore not 100% compatible.

Us "Noobs", as you "Pro's" put it, should probably not be allowed to ask anymore "stupid" questions. After all - it is just wasting your time.

I'm very sorry to intrude and impose on your private forum!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #11
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

found my answer

Last edited by Dawg; 06-08-2005 at 04:46 PM..
Old 06-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #12
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

No problem. Enjoy.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #13
KendallParis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Boost

Okay, I have to say something. NJBlackBerry is one of the most helpful people on this and other boards and what you guys are whining about is absolutely ridiculous. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are new to BlackBerrys, but I doubt very seriously that you are new to message boards and forums.

I have yet to see a message board or forum that doesn't have a search button. I have yet to see a message board or forum that doesn't have people who are tired of ANYBODY that refuses to even look for the answer that IS SITTING UP AT THE TOP OF THE BOARD!!!

If you didn't understand something that you read in the thread that is stickied to the top, then why didn't you ask the question there? It's not locked and people would respond to you better.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:00 PM   #14
DigitalEagle

I DID LOOK IT UP UNDER THE SEARCH FUNCTION AND STILL DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT THE DEFAULT CALCULATOR WOULD NOT BE FIXED TO RUN UNDER THE SMALL ICONS THEME AND THE 7100T.

God I hate people who consider themselves Forum Cops. Like you!

I got a lot of good information from this forum - but it is very clear to me that a select few people here have an arrogant attitude towards newcomers in this forum. Not all, mind you, some have been very helpful - but YOU certainly aren't one of them.

As for me - I'm moving to a friendlier forum where "Noobs" don't get chewed out when someone "perceives" that all questions have been answered with crystal clarity.

You are right, I'm not new to forums - but I've never been insulted as I have on this forum when just asking for a "clarification" to an issue I didn't understand.

I didn't start this flame - the rude person who "assumed" I never checked for an answer did!

I'm through with this forum!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #15
goblue1969

Model: 7100t
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalEagle
I'm through with this forum!!!
Buh-bye.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:31 PM   #16
WNO

Carrier: TMO

Now that's a little over the top. Truthfully, I thought NJBlackberry's initial post was one of the more funny, explanatory, and even personable, posts I've seen from him in quite a while. And, really, I don't know where else in the vast internet you can go to get as much support and as little chiding as you find here. I suspect DigitalEagle will be back soon, though perhaps with a different name! ;)
Old 06-09-2005, 05:44 AM   #17
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I didnt think the comment was unjust either. His humor is just dryer than most. So all I can say to the unhappy forumist is dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! buh bye
Old 06-09-2005, 05:50 AM   #18
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I can be positively arrid. I will try to be more senstive in the future. Well, not really, but it sounded good early in the morning.

Hopefully the other forum will fix the calculator issue.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #19
Dawg
No longer Registered.

lol NJBB
Old 06-09-2005, 05:54 AM   #20
netPOSER

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
I didnt think the comment was unjust either. His humor is just dryer than most. So all I can say to the unhappy forumist is dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! buh bye
I guess us "n00bs" should have known nj's dry sense of humor on a board that's here to support BB's.

The search function on vBulletin boards and phpbb2 boards stinks and you folks should know that.

You search for a term and hope the subject line in the results gives you enough info so you can decide which thread to view. Then, you have no idea if you're question/problem is in the first post or the 31st post and all posts in between can quickly go off topic.

Anyway this is a great board.
Closed Thread