Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Awesome themes,great work!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #42
Perfect Storm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Thought I'd take the Leopard theme a step farther. The second shot came from a simulator in order to capture the transition.
And no, it's not for download. And no I won't be sharing the methods used. Sorry.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #43
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 23FDBBE4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
And no, it's not for download. And no I won't be sharing the methods used. Sorry.
Why post it then?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #44
troutab81
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by benisntfunny View Post
Why post it then?
I agree. I would love to see a Today Plus type theme for the 8800. Any ideas how?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #45
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 241BD9F4
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Thought I'd take the Leopard theme a step farther. The second shot came from a simulator in order to capture the transition.

http://www.petermac.ca/leopard/leopard1.jpeg

http://www.petermac.ca/leopard/leopard3.jpeg

http://www.petermac.ca/leopard/leopard2.jpeg

I third that. Dont post it unless you're going to share it.

Last edited by Spike41615; 08-06-2007 at 01:46 PM..
Old 08-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #46
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Why post it then?
As a proof of concept for what can be done with theme builder
Old 08-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #47
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thumbs down

Quote:
As a proof of concept for what can be done with theme builder
Again, it's a pointless post if you're not going give any information aside from the "Look what I can do and you can't" type.

If you don't have feedback on the theme or anything worth contributing that will benefit others please do not bother posting in this thread. Knowledge hording is a tad ridiculous and childish if you ask me. Especially if you're doing it using a free theme building application and what appears to be a modified T-Mobile template.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #48
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Again, it's a pointless post if you're not going give any information aside from the "Look what I can do and you can't" type.

If you don't have feedback on the theme or anything worth contributing that will benefit others please do not bother posting in this thread. Knowledge hording is a tad ridiculous and childish if you ask me. Especially if you're doing it using a free theme building application and what appears to be a modified T-Mobile template.
So by your logic source code for every application developed in a free text editor should be made available to the public? I guess virtually every software company is childish!

RIM sells themes to carriers, and for big bucks. Were I to publicly disclose how to use theme builder to make completely custom themes, I would be damaging this. You can whine and criticize all you want, I'm not going to do it.

The point here is to prove the people who say theme builder is too limited wrong.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #49
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 241BD9F4
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
So by your logic source code for every application developed in a free text editor should be made available to the public? I guess virtually every software company is childish!

RIM sells themes to carriers, and for big bucks. Were I to publicly disclose how to use theme builder to make completely custom themes, I would be damaging this. You can whine and criticize all you want, I'm not going to do it.

The point here is to prove the people who say theme builder is too limited wrong.
Whatever dude, those are different circumstances. Although, i do thank you for being such an ass. IS there any other HELPFUL information you care to oh so kindly share with us?!?!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #50
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike41615 View Post
Whatever dude, those are different circumstances. Although, i do thank you for being such an ass. IS there any other HELPFUL information you care to oh so kindly share with us?!?!
There's really no reason to get so wired up.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #51
xspwy

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Power Up

Some people will get wired over anything. While I understand that everyone wants the coolest phone and the coolest themes/ringers and so on, let's remember this is a forum about a device. A phone!
I agree that the ol' nah nah nah nah nah I have something that you don't have is a little third grader-ish, but who cares. The forums are about sharing and passing on info to each other and if he doesn't want to play, it's his own choosing. I guess I am just old fashioned xxx8211; I use my BB for email and phone calls.

One thing that I have a beef with is how Perfect Storm said, "RIM sells themes to carriers, and for big bucks" - and yet you still posted the leopard theme.

Last edited by xspwy; 08-06-2007 at 09:50 PM..
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #52
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Smile

Quote:
Allow me to give you props for your talent. Heck. I can't make the simplest of themes. Your point was not understood before.

Had you prefaced with the above, the group may have reacted a bit differently.

One of the down sides to written communication is that we cannot guess, where your emotions are or even your intentions.

Rather, we have to rely on the written word with no middle ground.

Maybe there is something you can share that will help the others better their products, without infringing on your Picasso above? Think about it.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #53
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
It is limited to the tools and documentation they give you.

For me, Theme Builder is limited. The templates I'm provided with and according to the documentation they are the only ones available to me and anyone else who downloads it. Just because you have found a way to edit other templates in there doesn't all of a sudden say Theme Builder has so much more functionality. It says you found a way to edit the T-mobile theme with Theme Builder and you don't want to tell anyone.

I don't think anyone here would argue that if more templates were available theme builder would be able to use them. Also, most times I've complained about Theme Builder's limited functionality it has come in the way of things you can't do with it... such as I can't move the applications screen up 25 pixels as needed, i can't change the font for incoming calls. These are not options provided by theme builder. If you know another way to do it outside of the theme builder that's super but it doesn't make the actual program any more useful.

Last edited by benisntfunny; 08-07-2007 at 07:53 AM..
Old 08-07-2007, 08:56 AM   #54
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Seems by posting screen shots but not even a way to download it (for free or to buy) might indicate to some people that you photoshopped the whole thing and it really doesnt exist you just want some weird credit to be "on top of the moutain"
Old 08-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #55
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobb View Post
Seems by posting screen shots but not even a way to download it (for free or to buy) might indicate to some people that you photoshopped the whole thing and it really doesnt exist you just want some weird credit to be "on top of the moutain"
I knew someone would say that in the hopes that I'd need to prove you wrong. Frankly I don't care if that's what you want to think, heck I'll even say that you're right and leave you be.

Here's what I will say regarding my reluctance to share:
1) Essentially what I've done is reverse engineered the process that theme builder takes. I happen to be familiar with this process and was therefore able to do it with nothing but theme builder and this knowledge. As far as I know it's not something that can be shared.

2) It involves a very solid familiarity with number of languages as well as windows and linux (at least the way I did it) and the BlackBerry platform. These take months to learn and can't just be explained.

3) As I've already mentioned I'm not going to start telling people how to make the themes that RIM does. It's part of their business, and I'm not taking away from that. Some PMs have offered my money for information on this. I won't take it, thanks.

4) This was A LOT of work. Far more than anyone puts into the usual icon and colour change in theme builder. Call it vanity but I'd rather that work go into making something original and unique for myself, than to give it out to every joe blow on the street.

Now, if you want a place to start your own changes, I will say that the theme .properties files are a good place to look.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #56
Mandizzle
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9800
PIN: 2322E11D

Great looking theme you got there.... going to d/l it and the today theme and give them a try.

And Perfect Storm you have made a fantastic theme for yourself.

Good job guys...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #57
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

How are you going to download it when he has stated that he isnt sharing it?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #58
Lex Luthor

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobb View Post
How are you going to download it when he has stated that he isnt sharing it?
I believe Mandizzle is going to download the very first leopard theme that benisntfunny made and posted for everyone to download.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #59
dottedlinegirl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 24250391

I noticed that, using the 8300 Leopard Today theme, with the Y!Go and Google Maps applications, the menu gets "hidden"-- that is, it shows up for a split second, then disappears, but it's still active because I can scroll through it (the problem being, each time I move up and down the menu, the menu makes itself visible again only via the brief flicker before vanishing again).

Haven't noticed this occur with any other application on the BB, native or 3rd party... anyone else having this problem?

benisntfunny: would it be possible to fix this? (maybe for "version two"?)
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #60
b3n_asian_freak
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: It changes so often....

Dude, your work is awesome!!!! Keep it coming !!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread