Old 07-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
xis

Model: 9000B
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Wind
Default Symptoms of wrong LCD model

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have a BB 9000 Bold white. The screen broke after it badly fell on the ground. I brought it to the shop where I bought it and they send it to their lab. After 2 months(!!!) of wait they wanted to give me a black screen instead of the white one. Of course I refused that "solution" and asked for the BB back. They did not give me the old screen, they say they had thrown it away and they do not remember what model was. Very professional indeed. I visited a USA website selling smartphones spare parts and saw there are two models:

002/004 and 003/004

I guessed and ordered 003/004 model. It fits the phone in size (I have read on this forum there are slight size differences between 002 and 003) but when I turn the phone on the screen stay off. I can tell phone is on because keyboard and trackball have backlights on. I left it charging for one hour but screen is still off.

My question is: if I putted the wrong screen version what are symptoms supposed to be? Will it light on and show weird colors, or like in this case it won't just turn on?

Thank you
Old 07-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
xis

Default Re: Symptoms of wrong LCD model

I forgot to say: the screen I ordered from the website do not look new. The front looks ok, no scratches, protection seal and clean. But back is all dirt, and sides have scratches and are dirt too. Is it possible that they send me a second hand LCD with a new screen on it?

Thank you
Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
xis

Hello,

I contacted the company that shipped the LCD screen.

They have Live Chat support and the operator told me if it was wrong model it would not fit the phone.

I made pictures of the phone and screen fits perfectly.

So I emailed their tech support and they told me chat operator was wrong, all screen models are same size but their specs differ so it won't work on wrong phone.

In any case, they told me they will refund me if:

I send it back to them, they check it's new and test it's working ok.

So they are basically saying they are not refunding me. They also told me that item is dirt because they have tested it.

I would like to show you pictures of it, but forum system say I don't have enough posts to insert links to other sites (imageshack.us).

I am thinking about filling a complaint at Better Business Bureau, what do you think?

Do you think this company behaviour is acceptable?

Thank you
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Robi-K

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi there. First of all the display versions/revisions on blackberrys have the same phisical size of this I am 100%. Different versions are for different hardware revisions. All the blackberrys are this way. Ex the 9000 bold has 4 different revisions 001 to 004.

Secondly on the newer blackberrys you can't change the panel/glass in front of the display. It is glued on the entire surface of the LCD, trust me I tried it.
This is true for the 8900, 9000, 9700, 9780 and possibly more models. Any site or shop saying that they have original glass/panel for these models is lieing.

As for what you ordered, it may have been a so called swap display from a dead phone, as long as its not scratched it shoudn't bother you. Now as for the version of the display, that has to be the same version as the original or else it simply won't work.

Try to negotiate with the shop who sent you the LCD to exhange it for another version.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
xis

Thank you for your reply Robi-K,

I arranged with the company for a refund, but after reading your reply I think I'll ask a model substitution. Maybe they are right, it is not broken it's just the wrong model. In any case it's definitely a swap screen, as you say.

Thank you
Closed Thread