BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
blevey

Model: 7250
Default Best BlackBerry Coverage in Houston?

Please Login to Remove!

Good day all.. I am currently with Sprint and looking to get a BlackBerry..trying to find out from folks in the Houston area who they are using for a provider and if current Sprint users are happy with the coverage and service...

Thanks

Bob
Old 10-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
jwaters
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

For what it's worth, I've been in Texas since Sept. 22, deployed for the hurricane relief efforts (I'm an EMS provider and we've been covering a lot of the Southeastern Texas area). I have Nextel and have had coverage pretty much wherever I've been, and have had better coverage than a lot of others. About the only place we've not had coverage is Woodville, and I don't think they had coverage prior to the hurricane. I've been in Sabine Pass, deployed with the Coast Guard and I had fairly good and consistent coverage when Verizon and others were having problems.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

T-Mo in HTX is great. good signal, good speeds.

north and east of the city (east of US59 and north of HWY90) has some coverage holes, but that's the overall network. some heavily-treed areas like the Woodlands and Kingwood will have intermittent signal loss, but again, so will a standard wireless phone. when i have a signal (almost always), it's never below 2 bars, and rarely that low.

Cingular's coverage is vast as well, but i have not used an orange 'berry.

as with any service, pink and orange occasionally swap as to who's "bangin' more bars", but areas of zero signal are few and far between. considering pricing, i'd say pink is the new 'berry.

you can always go to t-mobile.com, and plug in some addy's to the Personal Coverage Check. then go to cingular.com and do the same. oh wait... scratch that last part.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
caserock90

Model: 7520

hi... captain n00b here; I live in houston and have had nextel for over a year now and Ive never had problems with the network. I used to work for a small store near I10 and had the blackberry 7520, no one ever came in to complain about coverage. any how, go ahead and get it. i recommend it I give it five stars *****