BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
tekkydave

Model: 7250
Question BB receives e-mails, but kicks back "message undeliverable" to sender

Please Login to Remove!

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I could not find it using the search options.

Basically, I have a user on Verizon BB, that is hooked up to our 3.6 BES. The user can send/receive e-mails fine. Everything works. However, whenever anyone sends this user an e-mail, it kicks back a message to them that the message was undeliverable. The odd thing is, however, that he receives the e-mail fine. It still gets kicked back though.

Here is the message that is kicked back to the sender:
The following message to <user@tmo.blackberry.net> was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 554-'5.7.1 Invalid Recipient'

Another odd thing is that it lists "@tmo.blackberry.net", and the user has a verizon account, so I think it should be @vzw.blackberry.net no?

I contacted verizon, and they were no help.

I deleted the service books, re-synced, deleted the service books, and messed with the host routing table. I reloaded the user on the BES as well.

I'm hoping someone else has seen this.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

check your server - appears like there's an old forwarding rule set up to send your users corporate address to a BIs account that no longer exists
Old 07-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
tekkydave

Model: 7250

Where would that be? I've checked the users account in the BES management console, and everything seems identical to everyone elses.

Also, the only place where I saw a field for entering an e-mail address contains the users proper e-mail address.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
ArminHammer

Model: 8130e
Thumbs up Error 5.1.0 550 Sending Email Problem

This is what I have done for the company I work for...We started getting the problems in Aug until now (Oct)...also Bell Canada is no help at all.

Because of the upgrade from BIS 1.8 to 2.0...they didnt merge the version right...so any email created with version 1.8 will get those problems using version 2.0.

You need to create a new email...if you delete the current blackberry email address...it will not be deleted until 30 days from the RIM servers.

Example:

[email address] < thats for Bell Canada Users

Change it to:

[email address]

Just doing that it works...if any provider tells you that its a spam filter or your service book on the handheld is out of date...HANG UP THE PHONE...

Just making that small change...EVERYTHING is back to normal...
Closed Thread