Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #21
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Please Login to Remove!

I'll continue replying in the other thread you started.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOtto View Post
Ok penguin...thanks for trying to make me feel like an idiot!

I have looked over the articles that both of you have posted! The only thing remotely close to what I am having trouble with is:

The slow synchronization process stops responding at the Initializing stage

* KB13847 - The slow synchronization process does not start
* KB13849 - Messages are delivered although the enterprise activation process is incomplete

Neither of which fixed my problem at hand. If you don't want to help me anymore than just don't but you don't have to act like you are so high and mighty because this is your forte and not mine!!
I didn't have to try to make you feel like an idiot. You did that on your own, and it's the only part of this thread where you were actually successful.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #23
itsOtto

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

There you go talk trash through a computer screen some more billy bada$$...

Thanks for your help I guess I will have to find someone else on the internet that actually KNOWS what they are talking about and has patients!!

Thanks hdawg for realizing that these forums ARE made for people with problems not for the high and mighty....

I'm Out talk more trash all you want but at the end of the day I KNOW I still make more money then you. Able or not to set up Blackberry Server....! Enjoy sitting at your pc answering forums... God knows you probably don't have any friends outside of the web with your type of attitude!!
Old 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Just stop ... itsOtto ... you obviously did minimal research before posting your question. Your explanations are not clear, and frankly penguin3107's responses are to get you to do a little work on your own.

How to ask a question

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

That said, if you had read all of the information provided to you, including a basic skim through the documentation you would have at least a few ideas on a solution to your problem.

Quote:
Thanks for your help I guess I will have to find someone else on the internet that actually KNOWS what they are talking about and has patients!!
A doctor isn't going to help you with fixing this problem. ... penguin has plenty of patience.

Quote:
Thanks hdawg for realizing that these forums ARE made for people with problems not for the high and mighty....
The forums are for people that need help. I'm more of the mindset that you teach / show someone where to find the answer whenever possible ... instead of just saying THIS or THAT is your problem; hence why we both provided you links to probably solutions to the problem you're experience.

Quote:
I'm Out talk more trash all you want but at the end of the day I KNOW I still make more money then you.
You wanna share?

Quote:
... God knows you probably don't have any friends outside of the web with your type of attitude!!
Ok, good ... last shot fired.

Now do a little bit of work to help yourself.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #25
itsOtto

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for all your help but I just needed to change some permissions for besadmin on my exchange server....

The whole part that makes me mad is that you will sit there and say I haven't been trying to do my own research. I have been looking over articles for 4 days now and yet nothing that anyone has posted or that I looked over said anything about permission for the exchange server...

Just because I was having trouble putting my "problems" in exact words that you could understand doesn't mean I wasn't looking for the answers on my own. I stated at the beginning that I was a noob at blackberry server so I would of thought everyone would read that and understand I didn't really know what I was talking about!

Anyway, I do thank you for all efforts!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOtto View Post
Thanks for all your help but I just needed to change some permissions for besadmin on my exchange server....
Checking permissions was a part of the KB article penguin3107 first sent you.

Quote:
The whole part that makes me mad is that you will sit there and say I haven't been trying to do my own research. I have been looking over articles for 4 days now and yet nothing that anyone has posted or that I looked over said anything about permission for the exchange server...
Incorrect, KB13852 which references KB13850, and references KB02276 (which actually gives you the step-by-step permissions that need to be in place). So you were not only provided with information to isolate the problem, but were provided with the steps to resolve it.

Quote:
Just because I was having trouble putting my "problems" in exact words that you could understand doesn't mean I wasn't looking for the answers on my own. I stated at the beginning that I was a noob at blackberry server so I would of thought everyone would read that and understand I didn't really know what I was talking about!
Regardless, you still apparently could not follow directions. If you had followed the installation documentation properly you would not have had any issue at all.

Quote:
Anyway, I do thank you for all efforts!
You're welcome. I think the real lesson learned here is to get the documentation and give it a good read before you jump into something. Not many people read automobile manuals, so I understand not wanting to read documentation, but in this case it really does spoon feed you everything you need to know.

Don't take any of the criticism for anything more than it was ... you were being called out on not doing a thorough job on your own; I've been called out my fair share of times ... and every time I do it gets me to be that much more detail oriented.
Closed Thread