Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
hdcd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Telenav Cancellation

Please Login to Remove!

In December I downloaded Telenav for my Sprint 8703e. I sign up using their website and do the 30 day free trail.

Since I couldn't find any to cancel on their website, I give them a call and the customer service rep wants my complete credit card number, expiration date and security code on the back of the card. I tell him I don't feel comfortable giving out that information over the phone to cancel something I'm not supposed to be charged for (free trail). He agrees and says that is what the cust service bosses are requiring. He doesn't know if they will need more info to cancel but call back in a few days to verify.

Has anyone had similar experiences with cancelling Telenav? I'm I getting scammed by a rogue cust service rep or is that really their policy for cancellations?

Good news is I discovered the Mapquest GPS product for Blackberry I think it is much better. FREE, voice prompts, re-routing is MUCH faster than Telenav and did I say that it was FREE..
Old 01-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

MapQuest Navigator TRIAL is free for 90 days.

~MrKyoo
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
hdcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo
MapQuest Navigator TRIAL is free for 90 days.

~MrKyoo
Thanks for the correction.. 90 days FREE TRAIL.. Then it's appears to be $4/month .
Old 01-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

They told me 9.99 for Mapquest Navigator and that's why I put it in my chart that way.

Last edited by Stinsonddog; 01-13-2007 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

The $3.99 a month price is for MapQuest Mobile which is for non-BlackBerry devices.

~MrKyoo
Old 01-14-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

They told me 9.99 for Mapquest Navigator and that's why I put it in my chart that way.
Any idea if this is available in Canada on Rogers Wireless? Rogers is not listed on their carrier list>
Old 01-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Need
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcd
Has anyone had similar experiences with cancelling Telenav? I'm I getting scammed by a rogue cust service rep or is that really their policy for cancellations?
I think they did asked for my credit card number when I called to cancel back in November.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
martin_j001
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: Nokia e71 on ATT

Telenav did the same thing to me after I had been paying for the service for over a year. I told them that in no way was I going to provide that info to cancel, and after only a few minutes it was canceled without a problem. I found that very annoying to say the least--if the person you're talking to is actually employed with Telenav, then your billing info is right there in front of them, they don't need it again, especially to cancel your service....
Old 01-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
hdcd

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

They are doing a good job pissing off good potential customers. To be fair it's a decent product - I just didn't use it enough to justify the cost. But this experience leaves such a bad taste that I would never recommend this company. I can't ever recall having to give full credit card info over the phone just to cancel a service.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
hdcd

Quote:
In December I downloaded Telenav for my Sprint 8703e. I sign up using their website and do the 30 day free trail.

Since I couldn't find any to cancel on their website, I give them a call and the customer service rep wants my complete credit card number, expiration date and security code on the back of the card. I tell him I don't feel comfortable giving out that information over the phone to cancel something I'm not supposed to be charged for (free trail). He agrees and says that is what the cust service bosses are requiring. He doesn't know if they will need more info to cancel but call back in a few days to verify.

Good news is I discovered the Mapquest GPS product for Blackberry I think it is much better. FREE, voice prompts, re-routing is MUCH faster than Telenav and did I say that it was FREE..
So a few days go bye bye and I call back again.. Same old song and dance, they won't do anything without full credit card and stuff. No confirmation number .. The lady takes all my info one more time and says it is done..

More days pass.. I'm checking my Mastercard online statement and no credit. I call back yesterday and they tell me my request for a credit of the $9.99 charge has been denied. Their reasoning.. My 30 day trial was up and they have a *window* of time to cancel. Basically if you cancel on days 27-30 of your free trail you are screwed. They automatically start charging your card. So the "supervisor" puts a request in for a credit from the "other" company that is taking care of the books. He gives me two confirmation numbers and basically says enjoy the service for the month that I've paid and hope I get cancelled. No cancellation email is sent to me or anything and I'm sure I won't get a call saying I've been denied...

So what in the hell do I do to ensure I am indeed cancelled and how do I get my $9.99 back? I DID cancel on the 30th day BEFORE my card was charged. What recourse do I have in this situation? Would calling the credit card company accomplish anything? Any *helpful* ideas are appreciated as I have never had this bad of service ever.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #11
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Call your credit card co or do it online and dispute the charge. You CC company may also be able to block charges from them.

Quote:
So a few days go bye bye and I call back again.. Same old song and dance, they won't do anything without full credit card and stuff. No confirmation number .. The lady takes all my info one more time and says it is done..

More days pass.. I'm checking my Mastercard online statement and no credit. I call back yesterday and they tell me my request for a credit of the $9.99 charge has been denied. Their reasoning.. My 30 day trial was up and they have a *window* of time to cancel. Basically if you cancel on days 27-30 of your free trail you are screwed. They automatically start charging your card. So the "supervisor" puts a request in for a credit from the "other" company that is taking care of the books. He gives me two confirmation numbers and basically says enjoy the service for the month that I've paid and hope I get cancelled. No cancellation email is sent to me or anything and I'm sure I won't get a call saying I've been denied...

So what in the hell do I do to ensure I am indeed cancelled and how do I get my $9.99 back? I DID cancel on the 30th day BEFORE my card was charged. What recourse do I have in this situation? Would calling the credit card company accomplish anything? Any *helpful* ideas are appreciated as I have never had this bad of service ever.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
Walt

Model: 8130

I had TeleNav on my Nextel 7100i for the free trial and called them and cancelled it. They said no problem. I'm going to use MapQuest Navigator instead. I tested both of them for a month and like MapQuest better. MQ Navigator is also 9.99 per month but I'm still on the 90 day freee trial. I'm not sure how I'm going to be billed once the trial ends. Nextel said they don't know anything about MQ Navigator.

Walt

Quote:

Old 01-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #13
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360

I just came across the MQ Navigator. 90 days free trial? Who can beat that. If it turns out to be better than telenav, goodbye telenav. I tried to look for what it could cost after the 90 day period but could not find it, how do you know it will be $9.99/month??

Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #14
Walt

Model: 8130

I believe I emailed MapQuest and they told me it is $9.99 after trial period. If you're with Nextel or Sprint you get 90 days free.
Closed Thread