Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Rizzy13

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: bell
Default signal problems plz help

Please Login to Remove!

hey guys, about a month ago my 9700 started giving me signal problems but the funny thing was only at home i got these issues. basically whenever at home my signal would be 5 bars, then it would slowly drop to one bar, stay there for a bit and then it would either make its way back to 5 bars or just lose connection for about ten seconds. this issue exists on my driveway or near my house because i drove literally 3 minutes away to pick my cousin up from school and my phone was fine. it's been working fine everywhere else as well. it's realllllly annoying because texts take forever to send majority of the time, people dont receive them, i get call failed and i'm always at home so its a real struggle. any suggestions?

i have tried pulling the battery, turning the connection on and off, i tried switching to a manual connection, tried using 2g only but for bell it doesnt even find one... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Default Re: signal problems plz help

Bell only run a 3G network, not 2G network. They still use CDMA for their 2G.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Have you called Bell? Could be a tower problem. Plus carriers generally do not guarantee that you will get signal inside a building.

I had problems with ATT at home and found out there was a tower problem.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
showin4fun

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus

Did you resolve your issue yet?

We are having a similar problem with my daughters Bold 9700. If we are at home her phone will show "Searching for Signal" and then go to "No Signal". She can take her Simm Card out and put it in my Bold 9700 and I will have Full Strength standing in the exact same spot. She can go to town (away from the house) and have Full Strength with her phone. We have wiped her O/S ans reinstalled but that did not help.

I did notice one thing about her phone, the "U" shaped plastic piece that goes around the bottom and up the sides of the battery area is broken. We have ordered a couple of housings but they have not included that piece with the set. We ordered a new antenna but that will not be here for a week or two because we had to order it out of HK because we could not find it anywhere else.

I sure would like to get a idea of what is going on so I don't keep ordering parts that won't fix the problem. I sure would like to know what the plastic piece is that clips on around the bottom and up the sides of the battery? It appears to have some small contacts in one of the corners of this piece. Would it have anything to do with signal reception? The antenna that we ordered goes in the top rear area of the phone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as well. Sorry, not trying to hi-jack the thread, just noticed that we have a very similar problem that you have.

Thanks,
Jeff...........
Closed Thread