BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 03-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #481
Boricua65

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Definitely a pdf reader that can be read off the microSD card.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #482
plainman007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

In order of priority I would say...

1. A Good PIM thats simple and covers all the data fields with matching fields for sync (outlook seems to have a different data structure and is too jumbled in its contacts records settings etc). We want something like the palm desktop. In fact an exact copy of that for the BB would be killer and i will buy it without batting an eyelid. It should have just one simple list of labeled fields for contact tel numbers and at least 8 numbers (a lot of offices have 4 board lines alone). And the labels must be a drop down list which the user can select thereby making any no of labels into work nos or home nos if he wants to.

2. Threaded SMS just like in the palm. Not that we are trying to fraternize palm here but that OS has some really common sense functions which are lacking in the BB. We want just ONE continuous thread. Oh god it was so easy on a palm. Now my inbox on the BB looks cluttered with mostly just messages from one or 2 people.

3. A good call recording software which can record the converstation between both parties. Apart from all the shady ideas people get and talking about laws that dont exist in so many countries, it can be really useful ion recording directions and landmarks that a persoin is reading out to you when driving, Tel numbers that you dont need to jot, even a complete rate quotation discusssion woiuld be really useful to review and it has sorted out so many misunderstandings in business discussions where the person says i said this and not that etc. The BB phone is sold internationally and irrelevant discussions of laws that apply to one or two countries shouldnt apply to a useful application like this. An app like this would get a lot of buys.

4. Quick switch on/off the gsm service (phone) without having to go thru a menu structure to do that ?

5. A simple PDF reader that can read from sd cards so that i can read some technical books/manuals on the move.

6. Battery percentage to be shown on the main screen or at least a fluid accurate level indicator instead of just showing 4 bars.

Last edited by plainman007; 03-23-2010 at 11:54 PM..
Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #483
Guru

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

OK, I DID read all 13 pages first, but I apologise if any of this overlaps anything anyone else has said...

Calendar notifications - currently I get reminders of people's birthdays at 23:45 the day before - not enough time to buy a card! Would like an option to set this to 2/3/4 days.

Ringtones - currently I can set different tones for different methods (SMS/calls/IM/etc) and some contacts can have their own tones....but only for calls. I'd like the custom ringtone to override ALL contact methods, not just calls.

Media Player - I use the media player a great deal, and would like to see the following added to the standard player (which in general isn't bad)
- browse artwork
- artwork as wallpaper
- option to maintain backlight if "now playing screen" is selected.
- artwork to go full screen (like the video player does) after a few seconds
- sleep mode (switch off in x minutes)
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #484
danmaxbryan

Model: 9630
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Give me some ideas... what is the biggest application need out there in our BlackBerry world (that hasn't already been filled)?

List them here--I am curious as to need, not debate over whether "everyone" needs that application, but just your need.

Such as, examples:
-Automatic TimeZone Change application
-Threaded SMS viewer
-Automatic wallpaper changer

Thanks!
My company just signed us up for BB's, full internet and email, but the bosses hate SMS and MMS, how about an SMS app accesible via the web that aren't the usual IM's?
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #485
Dutchmaster

Model: 8330

Linux Blackberry Desktop App
Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #486
bmp79

Default Photo Editing

I would LOVE some sort of photo editing/shooting software, akin to iPhone's Hipstamatic app (swap out lenses, "film" and flash looks). Or anything that fakes that Lomo/Holga low-fi/analogy goodness. The 3.2 MP camera with auto-focus and flash on my Tour *kills* the iPhone's stinky camera. So, why can't we get a cool app to funk out our pics? PLEASE!!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:02 AM   #487
ithehappy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone Essar

Hi, I am new here, and I just want a good call filter/firewall application which will allow me to block unwanted calls, I know a lot of names, like- B&W list, Advanced Call Manager, Cerberus Call filter etc... currently I was using Calls Blocker, but gotta say it's useless. So can someone suggest me one?
Thanks.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #488
BBforme1

Model: 8330
Default Task manager/quit application shortcut key

I've got two ideas!

1st:
I love my curve 8330 a lot.... but I think it's out dated for today's awesome applications. I say this because, 2-3 times per week the phone locks up with the hour glass of death and it's because i'm running slacker radio and then vlingo, and then google maps, the browser, google talk, and so on.... lol...

Point it is... I could really use a short cut key that quits all running applications when the phone is locked up. Separate from a "quit all" short cut key... A task manager would be nice to have so I can quit an application that is running with out going into the application itself... some apps don't even have a quit button and they stay on....

I will likely upgrade to the new curve or the new BB thats coming out in a few months... hopefully I don't have the same problem, but a task manager app may still be a great feature to have... I think Android phones even have one!

2nd:
I am a believer in phone conversations over text messages... Hence I would like to send a voice message to someone that can be opened like a text message no VM pw needed... I believe some phones can do this... but the message plays over the speaker phone... lol Not Cool! There is an app out there that allows you to dial into a person's voicemail and skip the ringing but It sux that they have to dial their VM and enter a PW to get it. That couldn't me more inconvenient. Why do we have passwords on our VM's and not for text messages and emails on our phones? They should do away with the VM pw's.....

but yea..... Voice Messages with no pw and normal playback. Make it so!!!

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #489
mendyb

Carrier: sprint

software that would allow the phone to use your SD card just as phone built in memory,
until BLACKBERRY wakes up and does what apple did adding 16GB to the phone instead of a few poor MB.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #490
Nielsdq

Model: 8900
Carrier: Proximus

A Gameboy Advance emulator for blackberry. it's possible on almost every phone, except bb's..

I really want to play my favo classic ROM's during break :p

Greetz
Old 06-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #491
darrenmott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Claro
Exclamation

Ebuddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #492
jbburks

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Network status

I had an app on Symbian that would tell me for GSM:

Network ID: (310 410 for AT&T)
Tower ID: what tower I'm homed in on
dbm received:
dbm transmit:
Other tower signal strength

I haven't been able to find one for RIM.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #493
ki4mlq

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Give me some ideas... what is the biggest application need out there in our BlackBerry world (that hasn't already been filled)?

List them here--I am curious as to need, not debate over whether "everyone" needs that application, but just your need.

Such as, examples:
-Automatic TimeZone Change application
-Threaded SMS viewer
-Automatic wallpaper changer

Thanks!
I am a Amateur Radio Operator and it would be cool if there were some programs for Amateur Radio Operators

Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #494
ultraspaz

Carrier: t-mobile
Default Security Photo/video recording loop app

I would love an app that would automatically record photo or video loops on the memory card overwriting itself every few minutes. In a perfect APP world, GPS data would also be integrated to show speed/time/location on video recording. This would work great with the BB mounted on a cars dash to record accidents for insurance purposes, drunks drivers etc. A photo only version could be used as a spy or Nanny camera or crib monitor. If the photo version could automatically email or text photos at user defined intervals then I'd say you just made a perfect APP.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #495
Mudinyeri

Model: Storm

I'd like to see a shot timer application so the Storm, or other Blackberries, could be used as a timer device in IDPA or USPSA shooting matches. Apps like this exist for Drod and iPhone but I cannot, for the life of me, find one for my Storm.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #496
DJ Double-Shot

Model: 8530
Carrier: US Cellular

A robust enough media player that a DJ like myself can really use. So far, 3rd party apps are virtually useless to me because they don't like my large file base (900 plus MP3s and rising). The stock media player is even better than any of the 3rd party apps.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #497
mobileguy

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Remote Control your BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher View Post
I would like one that allows a BES connected BlackBerry to be remotely controlled/modified.
Very late to this post, but in case you're still looking for a cool tool, you can check out a new product called : Pocket Controller-Pro for BlackBerry

It was shown at DEVCON this year.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #498
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile UK

An open WiFi connection connector. One button which triggers

- WiFi scan for available networks
- Tries to connect to any open networks
- Tests internet is available (ie not a paid for HotSpot)
- Leaves the device connected (but not with a permanent entry in the WiFi profiles list)

All this can be done manually, but it's a pain when you're out and about
Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #499
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mo

A program that makes the LED blink a color of my choosing when I mute the microphone during a phone call.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #500
rob762

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

a Panorama stitching application like those for the iPhone....