Old 04-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
fordfalcon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default App World not working on 9700

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all on my 9700 OS6 I am having app world issues. I can view app world, check info on apps but when I go to log in I get " An error has occurred Please try again later "

I have deleted and reloaded app world. I have reset my password. I can get app on my PC and download. Just can't access on my 9700. I am using wifi. I am on Fido.

oh, yes it was working before as I downloaded app's prior to this issue. I have loaded some free themes after the last time I logged into app world.
nasty iphone 4

Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: App World not working on 9700

When I first read the post I missed the part about using WiFi for some reason but after doing a re-read one issue came to me. Do you have a Blackberry Data plan on the account or have you dropped it? RIM restricts BB access to users on a data plan. If you do have one the next thing to try is a battery pull while powered to reload the OS clean. Nothing in RIMxxx8217;s database indicates a issue with OS 6 with one exception. If your on a corporate Blackberry service the IT group may have restricted the access to prevent users from using AppWorld.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
fordfalcon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Fido

hi no I don't have a data plan other then email ( Fido pre paid ) . I have previously used it to download some free apps. It had been working with wifi and no dose not.
nasty iphone 4

Old 04-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
Carrier: T-Mobile

It might be that fido mistakenly turned on some services you didn't have, as you say "the only service you have through them is push email"

I would call fido and ask them what happened to your Blackberry App World, and if they tell you it's not included without a data service add on you will have your answer.

If they say it is included, tell them you need them to check you connection to that service because it is no longer working.

They might even tell you that they turned on some temporary data connection services when they set up your email service. I've heard of some carriers doing this (for a limited time) to let you see and come to like the service so you will buy it.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You need a BB data plan to connect to any RIM service, such as App World.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Sometimes carriers will give you a preview of BlackBerry data services with some kind of "feature enabler". That's when they send you a service book or two for a couple weeks so you can audition BlackBerry features and decide if you want to buy a BlackBerry data plan. Kind of like crack dealers giving you the first hit for free. Once you get used to BBM and push email you'll just have to have it. Next thing you know you're sneaking into your neighbor's house through an open side window, grabbing his DVD player or TV to sell for a month's worth of BlackBerry services through your carrier. Shameful business, this BlackBerry addiction.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Sometimes carriers will give you a preview of BlackBerry data services with some kind of "feature enabler". That's when they send you a service book or two for a couple weeks so you can audition BlackBerry features and decide if you want to buy a BlackBerry data plan. Kind of like crack dealers giving you the first hit for free. Once you get used to BBM and push email you'll just have to have it. Next thing you know you're sneaking into your neighbor's house through an open side window, grabbing his DVD player or TV to sell for a month's worth of BlackBerry services through your carrier. Shameful business, this BlackBerry addiction.
Yep, thats where I heard of this sort of thing, you.
Closed Thread