Old 06-21-2008, 12:44 AM   #21
alphamarcaphi

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black betty View Post
pull the battery and look for a white dot, its located in the vicinity of the sim card. if this dot is RED, then for sure you have water damage voiding any warranty you had.
so my guess is that you know have a nice looking paper wieght with a qwerty key board.
Well my SIM card is currently working fine in my replacement Nokia... So....
Old 06-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #22
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Water doesn't usually damage sim cards.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #23
MojoBlu

Model: 8320
Carrier: CTM
Default Curve is not working, it blinks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamarcaphi View Post
Wirelessly posted

Hello all. My Curve won't turn on, and it is blinking red. When I connect it to the computer it goes to solid red, but within seconds disconnects from the USB. And just keeps connecting and disconnecting.

I had been reading the forums, and it sounds like I need to wipe my OS. Problem is, the phone won't stay connected long enough for me to wipe it. I am not very familiar with the phone or connecting USB. Any help is greatly appreciated.

And when I try and change the directory in command prompt, it keeps saying the directory is invalid or missing.

Yeah I have this problem too. I've tried a lot of ways but it seems nothing has helped. I pulled out the battery for a full rebooting. Nothing... I even pulled out the SIM card and reinsserted it again. Nothing...

It all began a week ago. I was making a phone call with the Curve. Then suddenly I lost the contact. The Curve began to blink red. A sequence of 3 blinks then 2 blinks. I used the way everybody knows by pulling the battery off. It didnt stop the blinking.

Then I just left the curve without the battery for a while, let's say, for some hours. Then after the reinsertion of the battery it seemed working. But not for long. After an hour the blinking returned in the same sequence.

Now it doesnt work at all. even the blinking stopped.

I just don't know what to do. The Bberry is new, and i havent had any problem with it before, and i'm sure that no damage has been made to it.

So if there is anyone who can give a hand on it i would REALY appreciate.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #24
racs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone (NL)
Default Blackberry curve 8320 stopt working also..

Hai there,

I also have a bb curve that doenst work anymore.
When i pull the battery the indicator led turns red for a short while.
The time is to short to erase the bb. I tried the JL_ cmdr also but that cant open the port. tried the loader also cant erase the bb it says fatal error. tried the dm als fatal error. I tried a nother battery but then the indicator led doenst turn on at all (could be the batt is empty).

Any help would be helpfull. And Its not wed or something like that. I used it for like 8 months and then the batt was empty but i didnt had a charger and after a while it turned complety off because there was no power at all.

I really like to get it to work again.

I saw today a blink of a white screen for a sec and then i saw in the black screen a battery indicater with a lighting in it but thats gone allready.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by racs; 12-22-2008 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: positive movement screen got white for a sec
Old 12-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #25
codered78
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

I had the same thing happen to mine 8330 in the middle of my upgrade to 4.5. I took it to Sprint, told them I don't know what's wrong with it and they gave me another one. If you're someone who messes with your BB, pay for the coverage, it's worth it.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #26
racs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone (NL)
Default Update..

I got a new battery and the led keeps burning now. I uploaded the new software on the phone but know my computer doesnt reconise the bb anymore and the led keeps burning. It even turned on for a while but the screen was just blank. now its back to a black screen and a red indicator led and nothing happens.

Any sugggestions.

And I live in the Netherlands and bought the phone in New York in april.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #27
cubanshorty

Carrier: T-Mobile

I had the same problem. I just called RIM and they helped me through it. You should give them a call. They are extremely helpful.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #28
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Yeah, for $50
Old 12-24-2008, 02:57 AM   #29
Loudmouth
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Alltel

I think your BB is done for.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #30
tbird57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: OU812
Carrier: AT$T/Choked

Pool>water>air>corrosion>electronics>not a good combo...you might as well replace your BB...even if you did get the device working,its destine to corrode an eventual death!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #31
jbn241

Carrier: T-Mobile

do the 2nd one. it worked for me because my bb wouldn't stay connected either.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #32
killa9512

Model: 8310

hey i have that exact same problem aklthough it doesn't connect at all, you what I was doing, I was trying to update my software from 4.2, to 4.5, and near the end it seemed like it was frozen, so i canceled it and it said fatal error has occured, restart yur device, but then the device blinks red, and doesnt turn on\conect to anything at all i have tried everything, even that application loader thing still doesnt do anything.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #33
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to the forums.

You have to be patient when upgrading your OS. It could a while before it finishes.

What happens when you follow these steps? What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 02-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #34
Izzumn54

Model: 9630
PIN: Ask
Default hehe

thats why i remove the sticker and lie about what i did to it
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #35
memargolis

Smile Ways to Fix it

I have tried everything. A couple of Ideas:
  • Replace Battery - Batteries can only last a year or two depending on usage.
  • Take out sim card and put back in

Replacing the battery solved it for me.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #36
Philip587

Carrier: Digicel Barbados

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamarcaphi View Post
Wirelessly posted

Hello all. My Curve won't turn on, and it is blinking red. When I connect it to the computer it goes to solid red, but within seconds disconnects from the USB. And just keeps connecting and disconnecting.

I had been reading the forums, and it sounds like I need to wipe my OS. Problem is, the phone won't stay connected long enough for me to wipe it. I am not very familiar with the phone or connecting USB. Any help is greatly appreciated.

And when I try and change the directory in command prompt, it keeps saying the directory is invalid or missing.

Hey buddy
I had the same problem and I read this form and it solved my problem.

crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry]BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com[/url]
Old 08-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #37
ROSS_G

Carrier: O2

I have the same problem. I was updating my 8310 over night, and when I woke up it said fatal error. It then wouldn't stay turned on, coming on then rebooting every 5 or 6 seconds. Now the led just flashes red twice then goes off and so on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #38
bambam2124

Carrier: ALLTEL
Question 8330 water inside the screen

I was at work, and had a rainjacket on, thinking it was weather proof or resistant, had my Curve 8330 in the pocket of the jacket. The battery was dead for about 24 hrs. Didnt see the water in the screen untill AFTER it got a FULL charge. I panicked, took the battery out, and saw a little water around the inside, not much, but as i've read in here, it dont take much. I put the battery back in just to see if it was ok, everything worked fine. Except there is a BLUE light that stays on constantly on the top of the phone. I have the battery out now and letting it dry, would blow drying it help or is there a way to disassemble the curve to remove the moisture from the inside of the screen?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #39
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam2124 View Post
I was at work, and had a rainjacket on, thinking it was weather proof or resistant, had my Curve 8330 in the pocket of the jacket. The battery was dead for about 24 hrs. Didnt see the water in the screen untill AFTER it got a FULL charge. I panicked, took the battery out, and saw a little water around the inside, not much, but as i've read in here, it dont take much. I put the battery back in just to see if it was ok, everything worked fine. Except there is a BLUE light that stays on constantly on the top of the phone. I have the battery out now and letting it dry, would blow drying it help or is there a way to disassemble the curve to remove the moisture from the inside of the screen?
Yes you can do it by taking the casing apart. You'll need a torx driver to do it. You should instead just wait for it to dry out completely since you risk breaking plastic tabs and things like that.

Here's a video if you want to decide if you're comfortable doing it:

YouTube - Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart
Old 09-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
monkeee2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: s and needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam2124 View Post
I put the battery back in just to see if it was ok, everything worked fine.
First off, when you get your phone wet, you don't want to turn it on until a few hours AFTER you are positive that no moisture is left in your phone. (Water + Electricity = bad things).
Now, pop that battery out, put your phone in a bowl of plain white rice (uncooked) and let it sit for about 2 days. I've seen that solution a hundred times on the forum, do a search for "rice", and you can see their results.
Closed Thread