Old 07-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
RadarDude

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Help - No HTML Option Exists

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys:

I am extremely confused and frustrated and cannot find a solution to my problem so I am hoping one of you might know how to fix this.

I have an 8310 with v4.5.081 (Platform 2.7.0.78). This is the latest version listed on Rogers' (my carrier) website.

I upgraded my OS to this hoping it would fix the problem, but it didn't. With either previous or current OS versions, I am still unable to get HTML email.

I have tried everything I have found as suggestions such as pulling the battery, resending service books, deleting my email accounts and readding it. I am on BES (not BIS) so I am not sure if this makes a difference..

I do NOT have an option for enabling HTML emails in my email options. Even after doing all of the above multiple times, there is still no option for me to enable HTML emails. Just the word "image" shows up. There isn't even an option to download (manually or automatically) the image.

I am at a loss. Can anyone offer any other suggestions? If any further information is needed to better diagnose the problem, please let me know and I will provide.

I am sent e-mails with embedded images such as graphics, Excel tables for work, and I cannot see them, I think, because of the no HTML issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
snhrph
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
PIN: nacle of creation
Carrier: ATT

I have the same problem with my 8330 - not HTML option for the corporate email, but the gmail account is capable of getting HTML emails. I think it's the corporate email setting that prevents it, although I'm not 100% sure. The admin did not give me a clear answer...
Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
WDCulbertson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I had the same thing happen to me. I had upgraded to the latest version of the OS on my 8330, and still did not have the option to display my mail in HTML. I did however, have the capability prior to upgrading to the latest version, because I was already using an earlier 4.5 version of the OS. My latest upgrade just happened to coincide with a conversion to a new BES server for our company. After several frustrating maneuvers and posts on the forum, I contacted our new BES admin to find out what version they are using. The BES software must also be the latest version or the HTML feature will not work. I also found out we are not using a true BES; rather on our server we are running BlackBerry Professional which allows us to connect the devices much like the BES but without all the advanced features (one of which is HTML mail). Our administrator told me this was selected to save cost and supposedly not lose functionality.

I did find a couple third-party apps that works really good for displaying HTML mail. They are BBSmart, and Empower. They can be installed OTA or through the Desktop Manger. The only thing with is they are not free, but do have a trial download.

You can go to the following websites to check them out:

BBSMart - BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry®
Empower - Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more

There might be others out there, but these are the ones I know of. If anyone knows of any free ones, I would like to know of them as well.
Closed Thread