Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
krishg40

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Exclamation Yahoo Messenger problem on Curve

Please Login to Remove!

I use a Blackberry Curve 8330 and my service provider is Vodafone in India. I have a problem on Yahoo Messenger.

- When I try logging in with my id and pw it says "Yahoo id or Password Invalid"
- the same id and password work on the desktop and also when I try on the Wap version of Yahoo Messenger in my Blackberry device
- My colleague's yahoo id and pw work on my device and he is able to log into Yahoo messenger
- I have reloaded Yahoo Messenger sw twice and rebooted my device.
- I have also got Vodafone to reset my Yahoo services as well as my device.

It just not work.

Can anyone suggest a way out?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
mjs

Model: 8130
Carrier: alltel

same problem here, ive deleted the app, the service books and the modules, have done many combinations of phone off then battery pull, battery pull with phone on...still no resolve, contacted provider (alltel) and yahoo. I'm wondering if upgrading the yahoo email service has anything to do with this... any suggestions?
Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 AM   #3
dilipc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Airtel

I use a 8130 and no problem logging into Yahoo Messenger, using Jivetalk.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
WDCulbertson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

I have done pretty much the same thing, and I still cannot sign in to messenger. I don't believe has anything to do with upgrading the yahoo mail service, since I don't use it on my device. My device seems to hang on the screen "connecting to Yahoo messenger", with the only active option being to cancel the sign-in.

Messenger worked great on my 8320, but the 8330 is very different.

I am also open to any suggestions.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
WDCulbertson

Default Yahoo Messenger on a Curve 8330

I have tried a lot of different techniques to get Yahoo Messenger to work on my Curve 8330, and have not been able to get it o twork at allfrom the icon on the main screen. I have beenin contact with Yahoo, and they are not aware of any problems with the 8330 and messenger. I even went as far as wiping my device, and starting all over. This also did not work. After talking with some other people that have the 8330, I have learned that they are not able to get the icon to work either. It seems there is a real bug somewhere with this model, and the application. There is a round-about way to use the Yahoo IM, but it disconnects after a certain amount oif idle time; which becomes a real pain to use after a while.

I will pass my findings back to Yahoo, and if I get any update from them, I will post it here for all. (by the way, I am using version 2.1.33 on my BlackBerry)
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
WDCulbertson

Smile Finally got my Yahoo Messenger working

This has been a very tiresome experience trying to get Yahoo Messenger to work on my Curve 8330, especially after it worked so well on my previous Curve 8320. Tech support at Yahoo did not know why I could not sign in, so I went back to Verizon Tech Support. Explained the entire history of my work (again, ugh!) to a different person. This time we did a little different testing. I could not sign in using my user name and password on another person's Curve 8330 that I knew was working for him. I could sign into Yahoo using the web access on the BlackBerry, and PC; just not messenger with the main screen icon. The tech at Verizon suggested I change my password and try again.

When I attempted to change my password, I discovered they no longer accept a space in the new password entry. My old password had one (I had had it for a long time with a space). After I successfully created a new password, I was also able to successfully sign in using the main screen icon.

For anyone else still having this problem, this resolution might work for you.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
vmladenov
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Guess
Carrier: Quit trying to see my carrier!
Default Easy way that worked for me.

mobile.blackberry.com via blackberry browser > applications > staying in touch > download yahoo messenger
Old 10-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
bretsquire

Carrier: Sprint
Default My solution

For me it turns out that the messenger app for the blackberry doesn't accept a semicolon in the password field while yahoo does.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
DaMaestro78

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I recently upgraded to BB 4.5.0.81 on my t-mobile curve and Yahoo Messenger for BlackBerry 2.1.3.7.

I had to change my password because I had special characters too.
Closed Thread