Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
steinmeierl

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Post Petition for Boost Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Since there is no "Boost" forum on this site, I figured the majority of Boost users would peruse this forum. (Mods, if this violates some type of TOS, please let me know and delete this post. I would like to know how to get this info out though).

Boost Mobile has a LOT of users (namely us) who use Blackberry devices with their network. We would LOVE to be able use the full feature set, but without a BIS, we're resigned to hacking our way through it.

I have created a petition for Boost Mobile to create a Blackberry plan that allows us to use the full feature set with out devices. Boost Mobile, being owned by Nextel and Sprint, already has the technology in place, they just have to get off their butts and make it available.

If you would like to sign the petition, you can find it here. The petition is active for one year, and I will be posting this message to other Blackberry forums.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Just as an FYI, Howard Forums has a Boost Mobile section.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

I think the obstacle here may be that Boost is a pre-paid service where as both Sprint and Nextel require a contract. I am not aware of any pre-paid BlackBerry data plans within the United States.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 08-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
I think the obstacle here may be that Boost is a pre-paid service where as both Sprint and Nextel require a contract. I am not aware of any pre-paid BlackBerry data plans within the United States.
yup, boost is totally different. Prepaid. MetroPCS has Blackberry.

But Boost on the other hand, no BB in the lineup, = no BB Support.

Honestly, I wouldn't see the point either yet. Boost is a totally different ball game. It's basically a phone in a box, you buy it at a wal-mart, best buy, liqour store, 7-eleven, go home and activate it yourself.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

I don't think this is anything Sprint, who owns Boost, would be interested in. They'd rather steer users to Sprint/Nextel for data and leave Boost for strictly talk & text. Ya get what ya pay for. With Sprint, I currently have 450 minutes on an Everything plan and pay about $54 for unlimited data services. That's not much more than a basic Boost plan, although with less talk minutes.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
SueWNY
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Tour
PIN: Ask!

Boost is a prepaid service aimed at young urban folks and teens (as their ads/commercials make pretty obvious). The Blackberry is traditionally a business device. I don't think Boost is interested in appealing to the BB crowd.

Rambo, Sprint would never steer people to Nextel for data. Nextel's iDen network is horrible for data. (I know, I had Nextel for several years) That's why they have hybrid phones now that use CDMA for voice and data and leave the iDen for DC. I really think they will try and phase out iDen altogether soon. It's a horribly outdated and crappy network. (and yes I know there are still some industries/companies that find it useful) and go to their QChat technology.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

My local Sprint Store still touts Nextel as a good BlackBerry option for those who are in a strong iDen coverage area or need that push-to-talk crap.

Man, I can't tell you how much I hate that ptt tripe! Ever see these shitchucking apes that use it on a crowded train? First, the chirp is set to an unusually high volume. Because said apes have all volume settings set to max, to use their devices they hold them a foot from their pathetically empty heads, listen to the other party (as does the entire train car they're riding), and then proceed to hold the device sideways, right up to their pie holes. Then they scream into it, often repeating themselves. It could be that they were not heard by the person on the other end. Don't know how that's possible really, because everyone on the train heard them, loud and clear. Maybe they're just really really really stupid and forgot what they just said. Or perhaps the other shitchucking ape they're communicating (?!) with is screaming into HIS ptt phone at the same time. I swear, I expect these folks to start swinging from the rafters at any second, flinging their poo at the other commuters. And have ya heard what they talk about? Of course you have. Everyone in the same zip code heard it, because they're SCREAMING! It's never business-related, but rather "Did you hear what Joe said to Jeanie at the bar last night?!". I swear, the world would be a better place if these tossers just went spinning off the planet into the sun. And they can take Nextel with them!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 AM   #8
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

But tell us what you really think Rambo??...LOL.

I thought cell phones were here to replace walkie talkies?? They keep it around for people like my uncle who think technology advancement is evil but since the Nextel works like a walkie talkie that's "old school".
Old 08-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #9
angelbear1973
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vzw

Nextels have their place in the construction and service industries where dialing a phone to communicate would be too much trouble such as a crane operator and ground crew. My brother in law uses them in line construction and the use of a cell phone could possible kill them because of the connect time.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
greeneink
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: TOUR

When boost gets it's own BB, it'll also get it's own BB data plan.

Enjoy what you have until Sprint cracks down on it and you lose the unlimited data or have your pricing increased.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #11
SueWNY
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Tour
PIN: Ask!

Nextels were the hot must have for teens and young adults for awhile but I think texting has taken over. I agree with Rambo though, they way so many of them abused the DC feature was obnoxious and annoying!
Closed Thread