Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
maiden71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint
Angry Weird SMS inbox issue..

Please Login to Remove!

Here is a good one for all Crackberry gurus...

If I receive a text, I get the alert on my phone that I have a new text message. But when I go into the SMS/MMS Inbox, the messages aren't always there. Sometimes they show up just fine, sometimes I don't see any messages, including old texts that were previously there. BUT, if I hit the Menu key, goes to View Folder, then SMS Inbox, I see all of the messages. The messages that weren't showing up in my SMS Inbox before are bolded and appear like a new message normally would. Sometimes I don't receive the texts at all.

We sent several tests while I was on the phone with Verizon, and we experience all of these problems. They said everything is fine with my phone and my account on Verizon and to check my account on the BES. Obviously everything is not fine- I don't receive all of my texts and has to go through several extra steps to get to the messages I do receive.

Anybody came across this issue....
I'm going to upgrade the OS from 5.0 to 5.1 and enteprise activated and see this would help...

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
ippy

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tescomobile

I had a very similar problem today, with sms texts, this guy sent me mail last night and I never received it. So when I saw him today he repeated the sms and I got the small notification icon, but no message visible in the folder. I did a battery pull but the problem didn't repair. I contacted orange and they told me to do ashut down,battery and sim pull and then restart, which I did and they sent me 2 messages that worked fine. Incidentally I'm not getting the star icons appearing on the message folders either.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
9w2zsh

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom
Default Check out your theme

I had similar problem and found out that its the Theme that I used. I download and changed the theme and ever since, I had the weird SMS issue. When I changed back to the default Theme, the problem gone. Maybe you want to try.

.9w2zsh
Closed Thread