Default Are these tests fair?

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasaur
Nice product
Thanks!
Quote:
I am not using it after the short testing I performed, don't know if the issues I had were due to me or the product.
Thanks for the clarification.

By the way, your public profile says that you use a 7290. Our product has never claimed to work on that. That may be your problem.

Quote:
Test #1

1. Sync'd fine. Left app at default "add 7 days". I did not clear my BB prior to syncing my uploaded calendars. I ended up with duplicate events for those seven days.
The software doesn't know that you had synced your events using other software (e.g. iCal). There is a body of work that proves that it can't be done without cooperation. The software synced what it saw as new events. It did exactly what it was supposed to.

Quote:
Test #2

2. After deleting Google cals, tweaking my iCal events to not be infinite, re-uploading to Google, purging 8700 calendar - The events came down BUT, they all had a 4:00PM 1969 date on them :( I purged both Google and device again, and received the same results.
The start of the UNIX epoch, Jan 1 1970 GMT (also 4 pm Dec 31 1969 Pacific Time, which may be what you are talking about) is our default when Google sends us garbage from their XML API. We had several complaints from customers who had happily used the software until the day you posted this. We think that the Google XML API was going through changes that day. We did some testing of our own that would indicate that also.

Quote:
Was getting late and had to reload Calendar, so that's all I
had time for. if you would like further information, or want me to test further, let me know...
Yes, we would be interested in your testing the product in a more systematic fashion. Please let us know if you are interested at [email address] .

Please note, again, that the product has never been claimed to work on a 7290.

Quote:
Luck!
Thank you for your comments. You obviously care about the functionality that this product offers. Yet again, please note that the product has never been claimed to work on a 7290.

Last edited by saraiya; 01-22-2007 at 09:12 AM..
Old 01-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #42
jdny516
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

great product i just bought it 1-2 weeks ago, best buy i have ever made. It is perfect to keep your gmail calendar and your pearl in sync 24/7. Thanks for the great product! Are there any add-ons or upgrades coming up soon for us to look forward too?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #43
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile

S,

My public profile hasn't been changed. My bad. (scurries off to update...)

My original post DOES state, at beginning of 3rd para, "8700". And 8700 is sprinkled through the rest of the post ;)

Haven't had a chance to work with your SW again. Maybe this weekend.

I'm looking forward to making it work for me

Cheers!

Last edited by Chinasaur; 01-27-2007 at 05:22 PM..
Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #44
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516
great product i just bought it 1-2 weeks ago, best buy i have ever made. It is perfect to keep your gmail calendar and your pearl in sync 24/7. Thanks for the great product! Are there any add-ons or upgrades coming up soon for us to look forward too?
Thank you!

Please remember that you can email [email address] at any time with comments, suggestions, complaints or anything else.

We continue to have all upgrades be free.

We do have plans for this software, but we are not allowed to talk about them yet :( All we can say at the moment is that we would like to refine the Autosync function, which is currently beta.

We have another product that has features that we would like to add on to xxxxxxxxxxxxx at some point. It is CalendarVoice, which allows a BlackBerry owner to listen to Calendar appointment times through their BlackBerry's speakerphone, using a BlueTooth headset as a control. We also have a product called CameraRemote, which allows a BlackBerry Pearl owner to take a photograph using a BlueTooth headset as a control, up to the range of the BlueTooth headset (we have tested it up to 30 feet with no problems). We plan to bundle this product with xxxxxxxxxxxxx at some point as well.

Thanks again. This is good to hear!

Last edited by saraiya; 01-27-2007 at 10:17 PM..
Old 01-29-2007, 12:30 AM   #45
CABC

Model: Pearl
Default xxxxxxxxxxxxx is a HIT and so is the support

I have tried different products to synch my blackberry pearl with google calendar. I am now successfully using xxxxxxxxxxxxx and recommend it highly. In setting it up I had a couple minor difficulties and the email customer support was prompt, friendly, helpful and successful. I do recommend downloading over the air (OTA) rather than to the desktop and synching. Customer support (YATIN) readily provided me with url to do ota and it worked beautifully. The auto synch feature is a major plus for the product.

Now I am hoping xxxxxxx tackles the synchronization of contacts.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #46
drewdinardo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: tour
Carrier: sprint

I love the product and it is working great on my 8700g

thank you!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:41 AM   #47
codywalker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

same here, lovin it, TY!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 AM   #48
mmalleson

Model: 7290

I'm trying to get the xxxxxxxxxxxxx demo working. I noticed the following problem and am wondering if it's a general software issue or if it's a problem with the setup of my device.

The xxxxxxxxxxxxx sync works perfectly both ways with respect to adding events. However, when I delete an event from my GCal, and then do a xxxxxxxxxxxxx sync, the event I deleted does not delete on my BB. This error occurs regardless of whether I initially created the event on my BB or Gcal.

I have a BB 8700R on the Rogers network.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #49
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmalleson
I'm trying to get the xxxxxxxxxxxxx demo working. I noticed the following problem and am wondering if it's a general software issue or if it's a problem with the setup of my device.

The xxxxxxxxxxxxx sync works perfectly both ways with respect to adding events. However, when I delete an event from my GCal, and then do a xxxxxxxxxxxxx sync, the event I deleted does not delete on my BB. This error occurs regardless of whether I initially created the event on my BB or Gcal.

I have a BB 8700R on the Rogers network.
Hi, could you please send email to [email address] and we will take care of it for you? This is a forum, not a support site.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #50
dcsmrgun

Kudos on this program. I started using it a while ago and it's been solid as a rock for me.

Another vote for a background sync though. Having the app foreground itself isn't HORRIBLY annoying, but it has caught me once or twice while I was typing an email or browsing the web.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:19 AM   #51
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Default Thanks/Background sync

Thank you. These are kind words!

A true background sync that doesn't mess up all the other programs on your handheld requires an operating system that doesn't exist yet on any handheld. We know, we've been on the other end of this. The BlackBerry OS is very good, but still limited. The other operating systems are not so good.

Actually implementing it is easy. The primary problem is that you may be changing things while the sync is running. Since the sync takes some time, you might lose some changes while you are doing this. No handheld operating system offers the right functionality yet (without crashing all the time).

If you are willing to give up a true sync to get something in the background, which vies for position with all the other software packages on your handheld for the very limited resources that it has, then we will be happy to give you something that runs in the background. It just won't be as reliable. We don't like that compromise, but if sufficiently many customers want it, then we will provide it as an option.

Thanks again for your kind words. We have worked hard at providing a good product, and that has involved listening to great ideas from existing and potential customers. In this case, we can't do it well enough given these parameters.

The parameters change every day. Stay tuned. This is something we really want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsmrgun View Post
Kudos on this program. I started using it a while ago and it's been solid as a rock for me.

Another vote for a background sync though. Having the app foreground itself isn't HORRIBLY annoying, but it has caught me once or twice while I was typing an email or browsing the web.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:15 AM   #52
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
Thank you. These are kind words!

A true background sync that doesn't mess up all the other programs on your handheld requires an operating system that doesn't exist yet on any handheld. We know, we've been on the other end of this. The BlackBerry OS is very good, but still limited. The other operating systems are not so good.

Actually implementing it is easy. The primary problem is that you may be changing things while the sync is running. Since the sync takes some time, you might lose some changes while you are doing this. No handheld operating system offers the right functionality yet (without crashing all the time).

If you are willing to give up a true sync to get something in the background, which vies for position with all the other software packages on your handheld for the very limited resources that it has, then we will be happy to give you something that runs in the background. It just won't be as reliable. We don't like that compromise, but if sufficiently many customers want it, then we will provide it as an option.

Thanks again for your kind words. We have worked hard at providing a good product, and that has involved listening to great ideas from existing and potential customers. In this case, we can't do it well enough given these parameters.

The parameters change every day. Stay tuned. This is something we really want to do.
How does changing calendar events on the handheld differ from changing calendar events on Google Calendar? If you're messing with things on Google while it's syncing, the same not-quite-true sync will happen, right? I would certainly like it to run in the background at the expense of a perfect sync. If I have it go every so often, it'll just get whatever changes on the next pass.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #53
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
How does changing calendar events on the handheld differ from changing calendar events on Google Calendar? If you're messing with things on Google while it's syncing, the same not-quite-true sync will happen, right? I would certainly like it to run in the background at the expense of a perfect sync. If I have it go every so often, it'll just get whatever changes on the next pass.
Nope. If things change on the Google calendar while you are syncing, the next sync will pick it up. That's the point.

We are working on rewiring xxxxxxxxxxxxx so that it can do a true background sync. Stay tuned.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:26 AM   #54
dcsmrgun

xxxxxxxxxxxxx is my serious push to start to organize my life, so I'm constantly updating Google Calendar with items and have xxxxxxxxxxxxx running every six hours. I'd have it sync more often if it wasn't taking the foreground, but the default six seems like a good compromise.

To be completely honest, if I am changing something while CS is running, I probably won't notice before it syncs again in my "ideal" two hours (since I am usually editing items more than a day out), so I think that would be an okay compromise.

In any event, I'm sure whatever you guys come up with will work fine. Thanks for putting the work into it!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #55
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: prick
Carrier: T-mobile
Exclamation

I was looking into this as a cheaper (and notibly better) alternative to goosync or Gcalsync but I got an error when trying to buy it:

Code:
'xxxxxxxxxxxxx for Partners and Secretaries' is currently unavailable and cannot be purchased.
Please select another product.
I will be receiving my 8700 tomorrow and look forward to trying out the software.. Ultimately I'll want to buy it cause my whole life (including extended family) rests within the google calendar system..
Old 04-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #56
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Default xxxxxxxxxxxxx back online

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimispier View Post
I was looking into this as a cheaper (and notibly better) alternative to goosync or Gcalsync but I got an error when trying to buy it:

Code:
'xxxxxxxxxxxxx for Partners and Secretaries' is currently unavailable and cannot be purchased.
Please select another product.
I will be receiving my 8700 tomorrow and look forward to trying out the software.. Ultimately I'll want to buy it cause my whole life (including extended family) rests within the google calendar system..
Hello,

The problem is that we were getting complaints that the software, as downloaded from our site, was working fine; however, the same software downloaded from Handango's was not. We pulled the plug while we were checking.

Everything is back online.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:43 AM   #57
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I tried it and it doesn't work for me. I have a hosted account. (Myemail@mydomain.com)
Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #58
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimispier View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I tried it and it doesn't work for me. I have a hosted account. (Myemail@mydomain.com)
Google doesn't appear to be exporting hosted domains to their XML API, which all sync apps that we are aware of use.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #59
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Exclamation Google Calendar maintenance on 2/26/2007

Hi,

Here's a message from Google.

We wanted to inform you that we are planning to conduct routine maintenance to Google Calendar between 8AM and 9PM on Thursday, April 26th, 2007 . During this time, this service may be unavailable to some of your users. Please inform your users about this planned maintenance appropriately. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to improve Google Calendar.

And a follow-up:

Why are we doing an upgrade?
We are updating some of our servers as we continue to improve Google Calendar. This is a normal maintenance update, and as with all updates we look to minimize the impact to our end users.

How will this impact my end users?
The impact to your users should be minimal. Only a subset of your users should be affected by the upgrade. These users may have trouble accessing their Google Calendars for a short period of time, generally less than 5-10 minutes each.

Will Google Calendar be down from 8AM to 9PM PDT?
No. This is the window of time that the maintenance upgrade will take place. During this time some users will experience issues accessing their calendar, but only for a short period of time each.

Last edited by saraiya; 04-25-2007 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Update from Google
Old 04-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #60
jimispier
Thumbs Must Hurt

So, is this due to ever change? I can't imagine that this barrier cannot be overcome.. It may be worth looking into, for the fact that just about anyone can get one of these accounts.. If you do something with this, I can be your test subject..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
Google doesn't appear to be exporting hosted domains to their XML API, which all sync apps that we are aware of use.
Closed Thread