Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon
Default Selective Caller ID Blocking

Please Login to Remove!

I had a Windows SmartPhone for a little while and one of the features that I loved about the phone was the selective Caller ID blocking. I could have my Caller ID blocked for all outbound calls except for numbers stored in my phone book. Because I work in Law Enforcement, this was a great benefit to me. I could make calls at work to complainants, victims, etc. without giving away my Caller ID, but when I called co-workers or friends that were in my phone book, my Caller ID was broadcast. I never had to remember to turn on or off my Caller ID. Very, very handy.

So, is there an option with the BlackBerry to do the same thing? Or is there a third-party add-on that will offer the same solution? Thanks for the help with this one.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
CurbMonkey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I was wondering if anyone had an update to this post?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
bbkiller
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 23E95291
Carrier: cingular
Default How to do selective caller I'd blocking

Call your service provider have them block your cell phone #. Then in your address book go to each contact and put *82 in front of the number example *828884445555 then save. You have to do this to each contact that you want you # to display on the caller id. This has worked for me great just sucks going through your address book to put *82 in front of the # though. But it works hope this helps you.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #4
cmisak

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Any updates?

Anymore updates? I was wondering how to do this myself.... i had a CHEAP!! samsung that i could do it on. and the hassel of doing what you told isn't worth it but thank you for the post, makes since in your line of work... i use google sync to sync my contacts with my phone and that could be very annoying to fight.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
morrow95
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
I had a Windows SmartPhone for a little while and one of the features that I loved about the phone was the selective Caller ID blocking. I could have my Caller ID blocked for all outbound calls except for numbers stored in my phone book. Because I work in Law Enforcement, this was a great benefit to me. I could make calls at work to complainants, victims, etc. without giving away my Caller ID, but when I called co-workers or friends that were in my phone book, my Caller ID was broadcast. I never had to remember to turn on or off my Caller ID. Very, very handy.

So, is there an option with the BlackBerry to do the same thing? Or is there a third-party add-on that will offer the same solution? Thanks for the help with this one.
Interesting idea for a new application. Install the app and it blocks everyone in your address book by adding *whatever to any numbers dialed (assuming rim apis allow that). You could then go in the app to exclude people from the blocking. This would prevent the hassle of adding a * prefix to every number as well.

Any devs want to chime in on this one?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
cmisak

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

put me inline to get it! but i don't have the programing experience to pull it off!

great idea!
Closed Thread