Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #41
Discokill

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular
Default Not working

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, posted this in one of the other threads as well:

I've tried this a few times now on different computers. Followed the instructions but not working for me. In the Agents screen on Miranda all of my agents appear offline and don't change when I click log-in. On Google Talk I see the network (aim.ursine.ca and a few others) under invited but dont see my contacts. What am I doing wrong? I've tried unregistering, tried different transports, etc.

Help :(
Old 04-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #42
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone_caller
Must the PC stay on and connected to the Internet for this to work?
Good question. I thought that's how it had been working, but since your post I shut my client (PSI) down on the PC and the BB is running GT and transports (deepdarc) just fine alone.

(I still haven't figured out how to keep anywise from sending me "you are not registered with this transport" messages. - Guess I'll send an e-mail to its admin.)

Steve
Old 04-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #43
phone_caller
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Is there anyway to keep from getting the aim.jabber.com (AIM mail notification) and the msn.jabber.com (Hotmail notification messages) from appearing as IM messages in Google Talk?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #44
romeo0119
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

After i register with deepdarc.com for aim, it said registration successful but for some reason i can not log on, in the agent windown it keeps saying offline, i tried to log in but it doesn't work, anyone know a reason why or maybe I need to try a different server or network??? Help please
Old 04-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #45
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

this weekend i dumped the Miranda setup for Psi - and my penkberry couldn't be happier. i don't know exactly what wasn't working (besides spastic transports) and why it's better now, but it simply is. main changes:
  • with Miranda i used my goog info for the jabber ID, but when i set up Psi i chose to create a true jabber.org user ID.
  • after trying out several different clients i settled on jabber.anywise for MSN, and jabber.no for y!
aside from users having notices saying i'm using a different version of y!messenger, no real whammies. even with that disclaimer, all messages seem to transmit fine. on occasion, the y! transport will sign-off, but google talk lets me sign back in from the handset. then all is well again.

i like the hotmail inbox alert, although with t-mo being ahead of the game with y!mail those extra alerts can be kind of annoying. but i'm not going to gripe. (although it would be nice if just one server would have solid support for both transports...)
Old 04-04-2006, 01:33 AM   #46
Discokill

Ok, got this working for MSN now but have tried tons of transports (including all listed here) and still no luck on AIM. Anyone have one working? They all appear offline. Tried Anywise, Ursine, Deepdarc, etc, etc
Old 04-04-2006, 05:09 AM   #47
deficitism
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: verizon

How do I undo these changes? Don't want it anymore.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #48
romeo0119

ahhhhh this is crazy, I finally found a server for Yahoo but still no luck with Aim, i guess I'm gona stick with ramble for now
Old 04-04-2006, 02:44 PM   #49
Discokill

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo0119
ahhhhh this is crazy, I finally found a server for Yahoo but still no luck with Aim, i guess I'm gona stick with ramble for now
After many hours of trying I finally got a few AIM ones to work by selecting the ICQ transport rather than the AIM one. Try those.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #50
romeo0119

Yep, i tried the ICQ also, I got ONE working but now it's not anymore
Old 04-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #51
2quick

Model: 7100i
Default help

the yahoo works fine but for some reason my aim is not going.. I dont kno what is the problem.. I am using the psi meathod and have tried many different servers. everything goes like it is planed untill after i enter my aim sn and password then this message comes up "[System Message]
This user wants to subscribe to your presence. Click the button labelled "Add/Auth" to authorize the subscription. This will also add the person to your contact list if it is not already there."

I click the add/auth botton and nothing happens the my screenames don"t get inported
the Aim icon goes off like i am offline and it won't let me get on.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #52
2quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by penk
these steps worked as expected for MSN, but i am receiving "Error 502: Remote server error" when attempting to set up the Yahoo! agent.

haven't been able to find anything about anywise at Miranda's forums, and goog searches are lean on the help factor, but rife with integers and non-arabic letters.

any other users having this issue, or better yet - know how to correct it?

When i do it this way.. I cant press the browse button.. Because it is not highlighted
Old 04-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #53
Nick P

configured everything properly on my 7100i using PSI BUT my ability to actually login to AIM is very sporadic i.e. sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesnt. i'm using the ursine server or whatever. anyone else having this problem?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #54
deficitism
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deficitism
How do I undo these changes? Don't want it anymore.
Anyone?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #55
darkguard

Model: 7250

I noticed a problem with the transports.

When you quit the MSN transport your profile dont go back to 'mobile'.

It means that people can no longer send you SMS thru MSN to contact you.

It seams to get back on if you log back with a MSN client and log off right after...

Is there a fix for this problem, cause otherwise Googletalk is great...
Old 04-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #56
2quick

when trying to use aim, I found so easier to use the icq transpor
Old 04-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #57
hnwosu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Thumbs up

I got this Google Talk thing now working perfectly with AIM and Yahoo Messenger. I used netlab for AIM and Deepdarc for Yahoo messenger. This is the key though...First I made sure everything gets Auto Authorised in Psi. Then before registering the transports I made sure every instance of Google Talk was logged off, on my phone and on my computer. After it adds the contacts I logged in to Google Talk on my computer to synchronize the contact list. Once I got it the way I liked, I then logged in with my phone. I haven't had any problems yet.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #58
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

I can't log into Yahoo. That site is the only one. I am using miranda. I get messsage of site cannot be found when i go through the agent.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #59
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

so i'll bring this up again anyone know how us mac users can get GT to work on our BB's by setting it up on macs?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:19 AM   #60
chrjohns

Model: CURVE
Carrier: AT&T
Default MSN for free on Cingular

I don't see as much excitement here as I would expect. Especially for Cingualar customers. With this there is no need to iccur additional charges for WAP or ISP access. I love it.
Closed Thread