BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 08-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #41
Switch.the.Field

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default BB OS 6 Manager Will Not Uninstall

Please Login to Remove!

I upgraded to Blackberry Desktop Manager 6 (as suggested by an automatic update pushed to my desktop), and now the program will not open. When I tried to follow these instructions and use (Windows Vista) Uninstall, the program activates and preempts this action by trying to "install" the program, leaving me with a BB Desktop Manager that will not open or uninstall.

Any suggestions before I do a full restore to last week?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #42
Switch.the.Field

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Completely Fed Up

After installing Desktop Manager 6, my PC completely crashed and would not even reboot. After a couple hours of aggravation, I finally got the PC to reboot and Windows to start in safe mode. I successfully uninstalled every program that had the words RIM or Blackberry associated with it, and I am now "back to start," so to speak.

I tried to reinstall Desktop Manager 6 (I know, I am a glutton for punishment). It did successfully install, but I could not get it to sync with my BB Tour. After another couple hours of frustration, I uninstalled it (again). I have just had it. With the amount of money I lost today, fighting effing technical problems (and it really should not be this difficult), I could have purchased a new iMac and iPhone. If I cannot sync my calendar, the device is worthless to me.

Not sure what I am looking for now, beyond comiseration. Arrrrgggghhh.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #43
beeman2

Model: 8900
Carrier: o2
Default Fed Up with same problem

I to have done the same, this is what happens when i install

when i start to install DTM 6 on Win7 64bit, first message i get says.
Windows Installer, Pending Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, it tried to install this but then says failed to install even though its already installed, therefore i cancel this carry on with the install which completes.
Now when i run the application and click on back up, i get a box saying The error message says, " The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". It is looking for the Apploader.msi file in the C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ directory.. i have tried looking for Apploader.msi but it does not exist so i have to cancel, if i keep pressing cancel it does eventually backup. but i can not sync as every time i try to setup the sync config setting i get a error message. error 2753 The file MsOutlookApiProxy64.exe D9D285E5_C9F0_4101_A12C_555AE1C1593F is not marked for installation

I have tried searching the web but no one can help, Like you say what the point if i can't sync.
Please if anyone can help fix this, i would regard them as genius
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #44
DShep

Model: 8100
Carrier: verizon
Default Slightly different problem

I've got XP Pro SP3. I uninstalled DTM and now every time I boot up it asks for the BlackBerry USB Driver msi file. I've down loaded the all the different drivers and the latest version of DTM and no change in the problem. I've deleted all the references to RIM & BlackBerry in the registry files and the rest of the computer that I could find. And I've uninstalled the Verizon manager app.

It still looks for the files in here: C:\DOCUME~1\DSHEPL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\{2B735658-03C5-452E-865D-DEB0ECEDDB01}\

It's very annoying having to cancel the attempted install a dozen times just to get the thing to boot up.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #45
DShep

Model: 8100
Carrier: verizon
Default got it fixed

Had to download & install the udated VZAccess Manager from Verizon's website. Although I do not use the Blackberry any longer, I suppose I have to keep the software installed so I don't have to go through the reinstall process again
Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #46
david_la_paste
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000
Carrier: tourist guide
Default Re: How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

Informative post bro good jpb
Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #47
vbell

Model: none
Carrier: none
Default Re: How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

To d_fisher
Forgive me if I am not clear, this is the first time I have ever joined a forum. Guidance will be greatly appreciated to help with clarity.
My problem is a little bit different than the one you have posted.
However, the outcome I want is to completely uninstall Blackberry Desktop Software 5.0.1 and Blackberry Media Sync. I no longer own a Blackberry. I had uninstalled these two items mid December.
Then today 12/27 I had problems with changes I had made to my System Config Utility. To remedy my bungled job of it I did a System Restore to Mid December a date which I thought was before I had originally uninstalled the Blackberry software mentioned above.
I cannot uninstall it because I get a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it; and an error window saying another installation is in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.
What it may be referring to is my computer was showing a Windows Installer window when it rebooted after the restore point was done. The window says it is configuring Roxio Media Manager and it has an error unable to find/read certificate file.

It is my understanding that Roxio software is associated with the Blackberry software.
So is it reasonable to guess that my restore point is at a place where part of my Blackberry software was already removed and I should choose another restore point prior to this one?
I hope you understand what I said here.
Awaiting your expert advice.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #48
thecleanser

Model: 9000
Carrier: rogers

Hello all
after downloading the new BB desktop sofware to back up my BB - I followed the prompt to upgrade the OS to 6.0 or what ever it was. Little did i know that as soon as i locked the keys i would be locked out of my phone because you have to push the mute button to unlock the keys. My bold 9000 does not have a mute button. After some reading i discovered i was screwed and had to reinstall OS 4.6 through my service provider. After more than 2 hour of f...ing around I finally got my BB back to normal and backed up.

However yesterday (couple days later) some thing really weird going on - I open windows media player and try to play some thing and for some reason it opens a window that says PLEASE WAIT WHILE WINDOWS CONFIGURES BB DESKTOP SOFTWARE- then another window opens saying THE FEATURE YOU ARE TRYING TO USE IS ON A NETWORK RESOURCE THAT IS UNAVALABLE- CLICK OK TO TRY AGAIN OR ENTER AN ALTERNATE PATH.......BLA BLA BLA. An then i hit cancell and another window opens giving me some kind of error.

Okay i say simple enough I'll just uninstall BB desk top ...- i guess it should have been simple but i keep getting some kinda disk read error mid way through the uninstall and it simply rolls back what its done and im still screwed. So my new alternative here from what ive read here on this site is to go into the regedit and manually delete to BB files which ive done with no results. for some reason BB desktop manager still show up in the add or remove programs and the same cenario keeps occuring, even with windows media player.

Does any one know what the heck is going here? How the hell has BB desktop manager inbedded its self with media player?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #49
sare...

Model: 8830
Carrier: black berry

Hi

I want to order BlackBerry Software or Flash drive for model 8830 that support arabic

thanks & regards