Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #701
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Unlocked Storm on AT&T or T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

You can only send the service books, or not. No picking and choosing. The only command is "Send Service Books". Nothing to choose from.

Good luck with it all, you should be good to go. I'm off to bed!

Last edited by JSanders; 07-25-2011 at 11:52 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #702
cjsmailing
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Unlocked and have a SIM card that registers on the t-Mobile network

I wanted to say again, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP! You were a life saver last night. You went out of your way to go step by step and I appreciate that. You put up with a lot!

Thank you for helping a newbie get up and running! I am grateful.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #703
okiri

Model: Storm
Carrier: AT&T

My AT&T BB data plan does is not working on an unlocked Storm (9530) I purchased recently from an online vendor. Apparently the phone has CDMA technology, and I was told that that it needs to be converted to GSM. However, I've learned that the conversion is not possible, and that the Storm has a built-in GSM radio that allows to work on U.S. GSM network. AT&T also told me they can't activate the phone because it doesn't have a correct IMEI #. Meanwhile, I can make and receive calls and SMS, but no internet data.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #704
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

okiri, you need to read the initial post in this thread, and follow the direction exactly as written.

It's not easy, but it will work. I've done it too many times on the 9530.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #705
Sam K

Model: 9630
Carrier: Unlocked Tour 9630 on BES w/ AT&T

I'm having the strangest behavior with my unlocked Tour 9630 that I'm using with AT&T service and a BES. Ever since I updated the Tour to OS v5.0.0.1062 (Official OS v5.0.0.1062 for BlackBerry Tour 9630 released by China Mobile | CrackBerry.com) and following the instructions in the initial post of this thread, all incoming calls are ringing on my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt. Prior to this performing this OS update the Tour had no problem receiving incoming calls made to my AT&T number. This Tour had been originally activated on my Verizon account back in 2009 but hasn't been on there since late 2009 so it was associated with my Verizon number at one point. After installing the new software and following the instructions on the initial post of this thread everything on my phone seemed to be working fine. I'm able to send/receive BES email, send/receive BBM and make outgoing calls but I don't get many calls to my AT&T number so I didn't notice right away that calls to my AT&T number were ringing on my Verizon phone. At first I thought that I somehow accidentally forwarded calls to my Verizon number so I tried dialing 73# and *73 to cancel AT&T call forwarding but that didn't do anything. Then I noticed that "My Number" on the 9630 call log screen was displaying my Verizon number instead of my AT&T. After searching I found that I needed to go to the CDMA Service Edit Screen by dialing ##000000 and change the Mobile Directory Number to my AT&T number so I did that. I also noticed that the ISMI_S had my Verizon number so I changed that to my AT&T number as well. The phone rebooted but that still didn't fix the problem. The last thing I tried was reloading the AT&T service books from the initial post of this thread but that still hasn't fixed the problem. I also tried going to the Blackberry phone options but there is no "Call forwarding" option in the list to check if Blackberry call forwarding is turned on. These are the only options I have.

General Options
Voice Mail
Call Logging
Smart Dialing
Speed Dial Numbers
TTY
Enhanced Audio
Sounds

I'm tempted to downgrade the Tour to the previous OS v5.0.0.975 but I don't think I should need to do that to fix the problem. If anybody can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by Sam K; 08-28-2011 at 11:06 PM..
Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #706
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
all incoming calls are ringing on my Verizon phone. Prior to this performing this OS update the Tour had no problem receiving incoming calls made to my AT&T number.
I am missing something here... what's the issue?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #707
Sam K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I am missing something here... what's the issue?
My unlocked Tour is being used with AT&T service with an AT&T SIM card. When calls are made to my AT&T number, the Tour is NOT receiving the calls, my current Verizon phone (HTC Thunderbolt) is receiving them and I don't know why. The Tour hasn't been active on my Verizon account in almost 2 years. The issue is that my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt is receiving calls made to my AT&T number and I never forwarded the calls from AT&T number to my Verizon number.

Last edited by Sam K; 08-28-2011 at 11:11 PM..
Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #708
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
My unlocked Tour is being used with AT&T service with an AT&T SIM card. When calls are made to my AT&T number, the Tour is NOT receiving the calls, my current Verizon phone (HTC Thunderbolt) is receiving them and I don't know why. The Tour hasn't been active on my Verizon account in almost 2 years. The issue is that my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt is receiving calls made to my AT&T number and I never forwarded the calls from AT&T number to my Verizon number.
Ok, but none of that could be a result of setting up the service books in this thread's initial post. Those service books only deal with data on your BlackBerry, nothing at all with voice calls.

What I wonder is if somehow you made a forwarding of the number via the mobile network, like dialing *72?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #709
Sam K

Quote:
Ok, but none of that could be a result of setting up the service books in this thread's initial post. Those service books only deal with data on your BlackBerry, nothing at all with voice calls.

What I wonder is if somehow you made a forwarding of the number via the mobile network, like dialing *72?
I mentioned that in my first post that one logical explanation might be that I forwarded my calls by accident. I tried to dial the cancel call forwarding numbers *73 and 73#. When I dial *73 I get a recording saying that my call cannot be completed as dialed. When I dial 73# the phone gives me a message "Command was rejected". I also said in my first post that the phone options in the Tour does not contain a "Call forwarding" option.

Last edited by Sam K; 08-28-2011 at 11:45 PM..
Old 08-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #710
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

OK, I missed that. That is one long paragraph to read and comprehend.

I think I'd be calling AT&T. Call forwarding is not a device function, but a mobile network function. Even those devices with the Call Forwarding option, when clicking on that function, it is diverted to the mobile network.

In short, Call Forwarding is not a part of the device operating system.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #711
Sam K

Quote:
OK, I missed that. That is one long paragraph to read and comprehend.

I think I'd be calling AT&T. Call forwarding is not a device function, but a mobile network function. Even those devices with the Call Forwarding option, when clicking on that function, it is diverted to the mobile network.

In short, Call Forwarding is not a part of the device operating system.
I was trying to be detailed in my first post and explain everything I tried to fix the problem so people wouldn't point out the obvious stuff.

Edit:
You were correct. It turned out that calls were being forwarded to my Verizon number. I really don't know how that happened. It's not easy to accidentally dial *72 followed by my Verizon number. AT&T customer service was able to cancel the call forwarding so my problem is fixed. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Sam K; 08-29-2011 at 12:06 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #712
denrey

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
going from edge to EDGE is good... that is what you want.

Did you read this whole thread.... about 7-8 posts up, this in particular:

On your BlackBerry
1. Go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Network Mode > change 3G & 2G to be 2G only and escape out.

2. Then go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network > and UNcheck your service, wait for it to show OFF in the signal indicator area at the top of your screen.

3. Now, return to the same Manage Connections > Mobile Network > and CHECK your Mobile Network to be back enabled. You may have to do this 3-5 times, each time being patient for the OFF signal indicator. Then give the device five minutes to gain EDGE. If it doesn't rinse and repeat #2 and 3 here.

You should be ok from there once it reaches EDGE again.
I dont knw how long ago you wrote this or even if the person you were trying to help appreciated it. Well, i do. I have spent the best part of a week trying to sort this out. after 100's of rebooting. hours of googling and no sleep now for 2days straight.. i came across your post. I didnt even think it will work but damn. it solved all my issues out in one go.

THANK YOU... I hope thats enough to show hw much i appreciate your post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #713
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrey View Post

THANK YOU... I hope thats enough to show hw much i appreciate your post
You're very welcome, and your thanks is certainly appreciated and enough.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #714
bobcarroll

Model: 9650
Carrier: Tmobile

WOW...this has been a struggle just to register to comment on this thread, but alas I am here. I have a Sprint 9650 BB trying to follow these directions as per JSanders...thank you.
Unfortunately...I cannot get it to work on this BB with the updated operating system and the newest device manager. I downloaded the operating system and was able to complete that file transfer into a new folder. When I plug the BB into the device manager and load the applications it will not let me access the browser, tells me its required and does not let me see the internal files. My BB is on version v6.0.0.600 platform 4.4.0.486
I have blackberry desktop manager 6.0 version.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #715
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcarroll View Post
WOW...this has been a struggle just to register to comment on this thread, but alas I am here. I have a Sprint 9650 BB trying to follow these directions as per JSanders...thank you.
Unfortunately...I cannot get it to work on this BB with the updated operating system and the newest device manager. I downloaded the operating system and was able to complete that file transfer into a new folder. When I plug the BB into the device manager and load the applications it will not let me access the browser, tells me its required and does not let me see the internal files. My BB is on version v6.0.0.600 platform 4.4.0.486
I have blackberry desktop manager 6.0 version.
OK, you will need to Uninstall Desktop Software version 6, and download and install Desktop Software verson 5
Here is a link: Deposit Files

Then, do the process in the initial post in this thread all over again.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #716
bobcarroll

Model: 9650
Carrier: Tmobile

YEAH!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! It's up and running

Last edited by bobcarroll; 11-21-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #717
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

well, great! I was about to answer your pre-edited post about the browser folder and checking the browser in the app install, none of which are in the directions... so it sounds like you went back and followed the directions exactly as written?

Good deal, glad you got it!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #718
Matt_Stevens

Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Re: Unlocked Storm on AT&T or T-Mobile

To say that I am lost and frustrated would be an understatement. This really seems to be too complicated for me. Even this here...

"Install your current OS on your BlackBerry device to your PC."

Say what? How do I install my Blackberry OS on my PC? I have no idea what this means.

I've got a Verizon Storm2 9550, running 5.0.0.1015 platform 4.2.0.442 and I have Desktop 6.1.0.36. The phone is of course unlocked.

I went through the steps provided by berryology.com and it just isn't catching. They seem similar to what I see here, only this is far more complicated. I frankly don't understand it at all.

One problem I see from the directions here is when i go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html and plug in my PIN and IEMI, it says my device is not registered. Well, it was, like ten times in the last three days.

Right now my EDGE always goes to 'edge' when I try and use the internet and I have to reboot to get it back. Sometimes I get email, but not often. I can sometimes MMS as of today. Basically, no data works, such as net, eBay, Google Maps, etc.

I have tried APN emgsm.vzw3g.com and epc.tmobile.com

Basically, what the hell do I do? I am lost and need some assistance. It doesn't help that I am dyslexic and tend to lose it on complex instructions.

I love my Storm2 and do not want to give it up, so i hope someone can help me out here. PLEASE take pity on me. My voice is gone from yelling at my phone and my PC. THREE DAYS OF THIS!

Last edited by Matt_Stevens; 12-19-2011 at 07:47 PM..
Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #719
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Matt, sorry for your problems, I can't help you with the other berryology site you mentioned. No clue what you did there.

But, I can tell you from experience the instructions in the first post of this thread work, spot on, BUT you must be able to follow the directions EXACTLY as written. Any deviation and you're busted.

"Install your current OS on your BlackBerry device to your PC" >> Download the file from your mobile provider, double click on the downloaded exe file and install it.

Additionally, there are certain apps like Pandora Radio and othes which might not work and will always cause your "EDGE" to drop to "edge". That was my experience, i don't know which all they are, but some just won't work...

Remember, YOU have chosen to use a device on a network for which it is not intended to be in. Tmobile does not have the appropriate service books needed and thus begins the long and tiresome and complicated process outlined in this thread.

Good luck. If you have specific questions, ask them specifically, I'd be glad to help.

But remember, up front, if you are not the least bit geek-minded and aren't ready for a challenge, drop the notion that you'll get this working to your satisfaction.

On the other hand, the process works, attested to by the 100+ times I've performed it and the number of users in this thread who succeeded.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #720
Matt_Stevens

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
"Install your current OS on your BlackBerry device to your PC" >> Download the file from your mobile provider, double click on the downloaded exe file and install it.
Okay, so let's start and believe me, I am grateful for your help. What am I downloading from my Mobile provider? I am so completely not understanding this. T-Mobile does not have Storm2's so, what am I downloading and installing? I know I must seem thick to you, but I am not getting this at all.